Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2021 2:17 AM

Jan 2018
The pacing was horrible, textbook example of how important that is.

Too much time spent in useless unimportant things, no time given to advance the main plot as a result. The lack of action itself doesn't bother me, I didn't expect an action series, skipping over the results and consequences of the actions of the MC does.

"Oh, let's build an entire new fucking city, oh what? It's been handled? Better to never again mention it, have a date episode instead or something."

There is no way in 12 episodes to cram in everything, stuff has to get cut, that's the unfortunate reality of adaptations, the pacing of the written medium to the visual one doesn't translate well. But the choices of what to cut and I imagine adaptation was piss poor, did they have anybody directing this? Or a script writer for the matter?

Edit: I just took a look at the director's other works in that position, now everything is explained, why is he still employed is beyond me.
ElAyVeeSep 29, 2021 2:21 AM
Sep 29, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
HydroPhoenix said:
Crashmatt said:

Yeah it not half as cleaver as it projects. The MC is bland as hell and let's not forget we had to sit though a whole episode on mud slides and forestry management.

Well it is supposed to be an anime about him making a better kingdom so it was at least somewhat interesting and relevant to the plot.

Would you sit through an episode on crop rotation? Just because its classed as world building doesn't make it intresting. Its not as if the characters are strong enough to make it intresting either.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Akari_Netsu »»
May 14, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

91 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

87 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

99 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

140 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.