Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2021 12:05 PM
Sep 2020
There was the phrase which repeated many times

What does it actually mean?

"The frog at the bottom of the well doesn't know the vastness of the sea, but it does know the blueness of the sky."
Aug 30, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
To make it simple, the frog that chose to stay in the well may not have the chance to know what the blue sea looks like, but it surely can see the sky above the well. Akane, who chose to stay behind and didn’t move to the city may not saw the bustling city life, but she got to witness her sister’s growth, have a different life.
Aug 30, 2021 8:14 PM
May 2021
originally it's a chinese proverb. the frog in the well symbolizes a person and the sea could be anything like dream, knowledge, the world, etc... while the sky may symbolize freedom. in this case the sea (for akane) was her dreams with shinno. she gave up on it so she never got to know all the million possibilities outside their quaint town. "but it does know the blueness of the sky" in this case may be interpreted as her sense of contentment. she may have given up on something but instead found other things to dream about, like raising her sister the best way she can. that said people often look down on everything, and desperately try to search everywhere for what they "want", and often fail to look up and loose sight of what they "need" instead. its not a perfect interpretation but, it can be interpreted however you want. hoped that helped

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sigsig - Oct 11, 2019

74 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 28, 7:32 PM

» I think the song was 'ad-libbed' in the movie

KikatoRyuui - Nov 6, 2022

0 by KikatoRyuui »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:50 PM

» [Spoiler] Did the MC end up with someone, and logistics question

JessysAnime - Jun 17, 2020

11 by JessysAnime »»
Apr 8, 2022 6:30 AM

» Still waiting after 3 years..

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Mar 19, 2022

4 by Baby_Penewine »»
Mar 20, 2022 7:27 AM

» My most anticipated anime of the year; I’m so excited for this.

Marinate1016 - Aug 9, 2019

14 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 19, 2022 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.