Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2021 3:51 PM
Apr 2021
I want to get into it but i want to start short, where should I start if i need to follow it chronologically? If not is it okay to start here?
Jul 23, 2021 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
most of Lupin is standalone from my understanding, you can start pretty much anywhere, though I'm sure it's better enjoyed if you know the characters
Jul 23, 2021 6:44 PM
Apr 2021
OppaiLover77 said:
most of Lupin is standalone from my understanding, you can start pretty much anywhere, though I'm sure it's better enjoyed if you know the characters
thank you, i just wanted a short thing to let me know how the whole series is gonna be, so i decided on a movie and this one looks cool
Jul 24, 2021 4:07 AM
Jan 2020
Yeah it’s all isolated stories. Except for the part 5 anime which deliberately references the other parts. Jigen’s Gravestone, Goemon’s Spray of Blood, and Funiko Mine’s Lie are all in the same universe. They also came out in that order. But it’s not important and there’s only one event from Gravestone that gets referenced in Spray of Blood. Jigen’s Gravestone is also connected to Mystery of Mamo, but that’s not important at all.

This current trilogy of films is apparently connected to the tv anime, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. But there’s really no strong connection. And there’s nothing in that story that pays off in this. Ultimately, all Lupin III stories help inform you on the dynamics and conventions of the series. But there is no set order on how you view everything. Everything can be viewed whenever you want. I’ve seen parts 1, 2, 5 and a handle of films all from different eras.

The most important thing is to not feel the need to watch everything. Blood spray is quite excellent, and I would absolutely recommend it. But there are Lupin III stories which are really boring and not worth the light of day. It’s got it’s ups and downs. And you don’t need to spend your time searching for everything. But it’s definitely worth exploring.

But yeah, maybe just watch Jigen’s Gravestone first. Since Bloodspray was made as the next film in this series. But if you can’t be bothered, just go ahead into it.
Jul 24, 2021 7:25 AM
Jun 2020
I'd say yes and no because all you need is how the main cast act and there behavior towards one another. If you are familiar with that I'd say your fine but if your not there is a movie called lupin 3rd episode 0 first contact that acts as the beginning of the main cast relationship and how they meet.
Link:https://myanimelist.net/anime/1418/Lupin_III__Episode_0_First_Contact
Jul 24, 2021 7:31 PM
Jan 2019
Hey! Even though most of it is understandable, there is a refrence to Lupin III Jigen Daisuke's gravestone. So, watch that to understand this completely

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin the IIIrd: Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon Episode 1 Discussion

Rob - Oct 28, 2017

31 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jul 8, 2023 7:22 PM

» licensing

NG_Chloe - Apr 14, 2018

3 by Daddy-O »»
Jun 27, 2019 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.