Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2021 11:31 AM

Aug 2020
I love this show but here's just my random opinion. This show feels like they were making it all up as they went along especially the character designs as the space enemies are literally just random blocks and the story just goes all over the place, I feel this is just triggers style though and I love them and there over the top stories. As their first hot show though most shows after this they make all have similar stories, spoilers for kill la kill and promare but in kill la kill which is the least similar they also go to space and promare is literally exactly the same as the earth is going to end and the government is making a ship to take people into space to live there. Also although trigger weren't completely responsible for Darling in the FRANXX they also go to space in that.

Finally what is your favourite Trigger show, mainly Kill La Kill vs Gurren Lagann, personally I prefer Kill La Kill
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jul 14, 2021 11:46 AM
Nov 2019
Totally Kill la Kill. This is just my opinion, but I find Gurren lagann extremely disappointing. Aside from the kind of awesome fights, the story and the characters just didn't work for me.
Jul 14, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2021
I love both of them, although I'd give Kill la Kill a solid 9. There were a few parts mid action where I sort of lost interest, but ultimately it all came back. Great Show.
Gurren Lagann though. 10/10 no question. This isn't really nostalgia or something cause I watched Kill la Kill back in March this year and Gurren Lagann just this last month.
Both of them are amazingly self aware about how over the top they are.
TTGL characters just have a special place in my heart. Somehow the show and its characters made the shounen trope of 'We can do anything we want!' manly instead of the cheesy feeling it gives off in other shows.
Jul 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2020
Tbh Gurren Lagann is such a weird show, it doesnt make sense most of the time, the fights are wild and unrealistic especially at the end, the whole story was just a mix of ideas, etc

I dont know why, but i really enjoyed it 😂
Its one of those shows that is simply entertaining and you dont think about it a lot afterwards i guess
Plus the characters were pretty good, especially Simon!
Jul 14, 2021 12:40 PM

Aug 2020
Dennisss said:
Tbh Gurren Lagann is such a weird show, it doesnt make sense most of the time, the fights are wild and unrealistic especially at the end, the whole story was just a mix of ideas, etc

I dont know why, but i really enjoyed it 😂
Its one of those shows that is simply entertaining and you dont think about it a lot afterwards i guess
Plus the characters were pretty good, especially Simon!
The end is very over the top yes, the part I love the most about the end fight is when they throw galaxy’s like ninja stars😂
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jul 14, 2021 2:36 PM

Nov 2020
Sonnyman45 said:
what is your favourite Trigger show, mainly Kill La Kill vs Gurren Lagann, personally I prefer Kill La Kill

Both are in my top ten but i like gurren lagann a little bit more i also saw TTGL before KLK
Jul 14, 2021 11:19 PM
Jan 2021
I haven't watched kill la kill yet but gurren laggan dissappointed me a bit to what I expected.
Jul 15, 2021 1:12 PM
Jan 2021
Funny thing is that KlK being a follow up inspired by Gurren Lagann show it's more popular on MAL right now.
From the little I watched of kill la kill the plot was kinda lame although it had great action scenes.
Btw dude Add spoiler tag in the part with KlK and Promare spoilers.
TO EXCEL IS TO FAIL

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1154 by skullcandy123166 »»
Yesterday, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Sep 1, 2007

162 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 25, 2007

180 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 30, 7:33 PM

» Too much sexism and homophobia here, I feel bad

Dije - May 10

22 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.