Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2021 10:40 PM

May 2016
Back in the day this was one of the hottest anime out there. It was on almost every YouTubers top 10 romance anime videos in the early days of YouTube. Now it’s almost like this anime was forgotten. What happened? Where did the fandom go?
Jul 12, 2021 10:48 PM
Dec 2020
Reshiram_IX said:
Back in the day this was one of the hottest anime out there. It was on almost every YouTubers top 10 romance anime videos in the early days of YouTube. Now it’s almost like this anime was forgotten. What happened? Where did the fandom go?
Honestly I had never heard of this anime other than from my ex and even then I didn’t really enjoy the show so honestly maybe it was just overhyped or overrated back in the day?
Being human is making mistakes.
Jul 12, 2021 10:56 PM
Nov 2020
I dont love but i like this anime.
Jul 12, 2021 10:56 PM
Apr 2020
I still to this day love the anime and also collect the manga. I think yes the fandom still exists but it’s just not as big. In fact I would say most people know this show because or Zero or cause of the Yuki and Kaname situation. Hope this kinda helps
Jul 12, 2021 11:01 PM
Apr 2021
Yessssssssssssss
Jul 13, 2021 4:15 AM
Dec 2020
I wish to be honest, a remake would be cool like fruits basket but its not a very good overall story so it will probably never happen unfortunately :(
Jul 13, 2021 7:55 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
This wasn’t my go to romance, mine was Rosario to Vampire. It’s still a guilty pleasure of mine especially the manga. It’s really good. My ex was a big fan of this series she even read the manga and the memories spin off series. I didn’t think it was hyped but that’s probably because I watched it
Years ago on Netflix and not when it was airing.
Jul 13, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 2021
Reshiram_IX said:
lol this was my first ever anime and I got to say that the anime is pretty ass, I would never recommend this to a newcomer but it’s kinda a guilty pleasure because I would watch this with my friends when I was like 8 and it was pretty wild. I’m sure all of the older fans including my self still remember it but it’s not really relevant so knowbody talks about it.
Jul 13, 2021 11:49 AM

Jan 2020
The fandom does exist, but honestly the more I think about the ending, the more I hate it. Though, I really liked everything prior to that. Still it was one of the very first anime that made me come back to watching anime.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 14, 2021 4:02 AM
Apr 2021
Back in the days I’d watched it more times - as for me I really liked it. Although it wasn’t the exact first anime for me but it was among. So I still harbor feelings towards it ^^ And I can relate: Zero was my favorite <3
Jul 14, 2021 6:12 AM
Jun 2021
ZERO😍😍😍😍
Jul 14, 2021 4:11 PM
Jun 2021
I am still a big fan no matter the story. Its based on old mythology, love the anime and manga. Hopedully they do get a season 3. If not im content with the mangas.
Jul 17, 2021 5:09 AM
Dec 2019
Yes, it was popular but it went down since the Manga went differently and thought their ending of the Anime to be bad, their is like two sides of the fandom giving off different kind of opinions.

Also, people grow up and their taste's changes. The Anime is definetly a part of my early Memories of Anime and is actually not Bad and I loved it since it was Romance and it gave me my love to vampires because this Anime Style is definetly unique and it gave off some mysterious ambience, and of course hot vampire guys to simp about. Which was also why it was popular, Zero and Kaname, i am still team Zero and it never changed xD
Even if he rips out his heart.

It is just kinda outdated, i would love it if they would make like an good Remake but this will probably never happen, Lol. Then people would probably grab this Anime again similar what whappened to Fruits Basket. Because people rarely like to grab oldie's.
I always hear that people never watched Classics like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach, Hellsing, Wolf's Rain and so on or even heard of it.

It is just Outdated and gets forgotten and for many it is something even that they do not like, because they are basically from different time periods giving off a completly different vibe than today's Anime in Story And Artstyle.
Texhnolyze is not such a bad Anime, but people trash it because the first episode consist of more Animation and only 2 sentences of dialogue and the overall vibe is completly different than Anime from today "What is this trash?" . I also would say that older Anime are more serious, except it is explicit and sol comedy.

Anime Today consists mostly of Copy&Paste and lots of Comedy within trying desperate to entertain people fast and competing at each other with lots of cheap-produced Anime.
Jul 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
VK is for sure still one of my top animes. It’s corny as hell and has its flaws but no other shoujo that i know of has come close to it in terms of gothic atmosphere. i watched it first when i was 12 and i was diehard team zero, now i’m older and rewatching it suddenly i prefer kaname. anyway, i bought the DS game and have been playing that so my appreciation for vampire knight has been resurrected lol
Aug 11, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2011
Because it's kinda outtdated + there was never 3. season of anime and manga ended like 8 years ago and it had some of the most disgusting endings i've ever seen. VK issnt an anime, which i would recommeend to my friends, however i like to come back to it, because it's my first manga ever and i have nostalgic feelings towards it. Frankly, siitting in the otaku fandom for 10 years, i havent find exactly the same seriess with the same atmospphere as Vampire Knight, which could replace it (sure, there are other shows about vampires/gothic, but they are either undelicate or just dont have as good music as this one). Yeah... the mussic... Perhapps the only anime series which isnt afraid of using the organ/chants and thus creating a mysterious atmosphere, being at the same time a meek show without unnecessaary gore or violence.
Aug 24, 2021 11:15 PM
Sep 2020
We exist. The community in Spanish is really big, and although not so strong, Vampire Knight is an anime that leaves strong feelings to don't be easily forgotten.
I love VK foreverrrr.
Aug 27, 2021 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed watching the show and I think I will revisit it later on
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 17, 2021 10:46 AM
Jan 2021
It was my first anime , And i realy love it !! Its my favorite <3
Jul 9, 2022 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
I see lots of shoujo fans on tiktok who are nostalgic about it but I don't actually think a "fandom" itself still exists in the year of 2022.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.