Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2008 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
Okay, so this thread is designed to toss around some ideas for ongoing club activities. Please feel free to bring up any ideas you have for things we can enjoy doing around here, and feel free to discuss!

I'll start. As I've mentioned now and then on the club comments, I've been thinking about making the Mascot Competition a recurring activity. In other words, the winning character would serve a 'term' of three months as the official club mascot (in other words, we'd do this quarterly).

On the last month of the three month term, we'd hold the competition again. Tastes are always changing and new characters are always being brought into existence, so I figure this might be a neat way to keep people interested. That, and it'll keep our club images changing, heh. The only new rule would be that no character can win twice in a row. That doesn't mean they'll never win again, of course...just that they can't be nominated in the competition right after the one they won. There would be a spoiler tag on the main page showing images of the winners of the past and the terms they served, plus, winners would be memorialized on the character relations section of the club.

So please, let us know what you think of that idea. Also, bring up some activity ideas of your own! :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2008 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
great idea Hazumu, although.....
3 months is quite long, how 'bout shortening the term to just 2 months?
just my 2 cents though~
Apr 7, 2008 7:33 AM

Dec 2007
Well, to be honest, I like that idea Spring. The only reason I was thinking of setting it to that long is that I was concerned if people would think it was happening too frequently to keep up. Either it's three months, with the new competition starting the first day of the third month, or it's two months, with the new competition starting the first days of the second month.

....what's everybody think?
Apr 7, 2008 8:51 AM

Dec 2007
Hazumu said:
two months, with the new competition starting the first days of the second month

this way, our club pic will not be stagnant....
plus we can see which mascot will be recurring more often, and we can give recognition to that char and his/ her uniform~
Apr 7, 2008 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
There should be some sort of limit on how often a single character can win / be nominated. Something like, have to wait a year if the character wins or something like that.

But two or three months, either will do.
Apr 8, 2008 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
Well, at the very least, I was going to make a ruling that once a character has won, they can't be nominated in the contest immediately following their victory. I suppose it stands to reason that perhaps it might be best to extend that to two or three following competitions, but I don't want to nix the ability to renominate a previous winner entirely....it'd be nice to see if any recurrent winners can pull it off again, plus we'd probably have a new nominating image.

Good train of thought, gets me thinking that at least, there should be a rule stating that even if you can nominate a previous winner, you have to have a new pic. The main thing I want to find out is if our club members would be interested in making the Mascot Competition an ongoing thing at all--as long as I know there's interest and the potential for participation, we'll work out the details :)
Apr 8, 2008 9:31 AM

Jan 2008
I don't think it unreasonable to have a mascot for a whole season. Are we really that afflicted with ADD? I would type more but there is something shiny....
Oct 9, 2008 5:58 AM

Dec 2007
So, anyway folks--recently some ideas have been presented to us for additional club activities. Right now all we have is the Mascot Competition, and that's quarterly, so it would be nice to have other things to do in the meantime, especially considering how many members we have.

Here are the ideas on the table so far:

1. "Claim a School Uniform Design". This would be pretty similar to "Claim an Anime Character", except of course, we'd be using uniform designs as the focus. I think this would be fun, personally, but I imagine some people are concerned that it would turn us into a 'claiming' club. Bear in mind that I wouldn't let it come to that--this would be a fun side project for us, not the main focus of the club. I refer you to the link on my signature to the Hinamizawa Syndrome Ward, where we managed to start up a unique form of claiming without it 'taking over' the club.

2. Club Uniform Design. The idea behind this is that the members of the club would collaborate to create our own, unique, club school uniform design. The fun part is that we'd have our own signature uniform for the club if we did that, and we could design both a boys' and a girls' version. The downside is that we'll need a good artist to create it for us. I can't speak for anybody else, but for me at least, I'm a mediocre artist when it comes to drawing from scratch. I could photoshop whatever anime girls and boys we want into our uniform design all day long though (I can strip down existing images of anime characters and redraw them into original uniform designs without a problem, is what I'm saying--so long as I have an existing girl/boy to work with).

Anyway, does anybody have any other ideas, or thoughts on these ideas?
Nov 26, 2008 11:12 AM

Dec 2007
I think 2 months is okay, I like the competition xD already thinking of who I'd nominate =P
Nov 26, 2008 12:02 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah, technically this one was supposed to start in November, but I got too busy with daily life to remember it, gomen -_-;;
Nov 29, 2008 8:45 AM

Dec 2007
Misa_Ryuuguu said:

1. "Claim a School Uniform Design". This would be pretty similar to "Claim an Anime Character", except of course, we'd be using uniform designs as the focus. I think this would be fun, personally, but I imagine some people are concerned that it would turn us into a 'claiming' club. Bear in mind that I wouldn't let it come to that--this would be a fun side project for us, not the main focus of the club. I refer you to the link on my signature to the Hinamizawa Syndrome Ward, where we managed to start up a unique form of claiming without it 'taking over' the club.

My instincts are telling me that if this comes to fruition, we might end up just like any other claim club. I don't know.....my instincts could be lying from me.....
Nov 29, 2008 3:20 PM

Oct 2007
i like the idea of another mascot competition every three months. two months seems too soon, and things could get cluttered. quarterly is best.

i'm not into claim clubs, so i don't have anything to say about a uniform claim club. i wouldn't be participating.

designing a club uniform sounds fun. maybe i could give ideas, even tho i can't draw. and i like the idea of photoshopping it onto existing characters, too. lots of fun.
君の嫁になりたい。
なに?!
君の嫁になりたいなあ!

- 3-
Dec 1, 2008 9:53 AM

Dec 2007
I think the mascot competition works best as a quarterly thing. That way our reigning mascot has a chance to stand up and be seen. I realize I've been slow with this lately, but technically, that means we should be restarting the competiton at the beginning of the third full month, so the new nominee can take over immediately at the end of the old one's three month reign.

Okay, so it sounds like most of the consensus so far is for option number two. It's not like we can't revisit the other one later, or come up with something completely different anyway, ne? I'm not looking to make a 'claim' club out of this, either...as I say, it was just meant to be a side project :)

If we go with #2, we'll need some leads on a good artist. I'm happy to do it if you guys want, but I'm not just gonna nominate myself--that'd be rude...I'd like to foster as much participation around here as we can :)

Anybody with any leads/thoughts?

Mar 10, 2009 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
....did somebody recently make a comment here? I got an email notice that Tanu did, but....it looks like the crash might have obliterated it ^^;;
Aug 9, 2009 10:03 PM
Jul 2008
how about a uniform art/drawing contest?
Aug 12, 2009 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
That's a thought....anybody for that idea? I dunno how we'd judge it other than to let the club members all vote on it, though...
Aug 12, 2009 6:02 PM
Jul 2008
Misa_Ryuuguu said:
That's a thought....anybody for that idea? I dunno how we'd judge it other than to let the club members all vote on it, though...

hey democracy works.
Nov 12, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
So....uniform creation still on anybody's list...?
Nov 13, 2009 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
what about make small wiki site
to guide for all uniforms
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Post some uniform pics!

Gaidai - Feb 22, 2008

13 by Rhobbie »»
Nov 22, 2009 6:58 PM

» 6th Quaterly School Uniform Party Club nomination thread.

Lessermaster - Oct 6, 2009

0 by Lessermaster »»
Oct 6, 2009 9:20 AM

» 5th Quarterly Mascot Competition Voting Thread!!

Gaidai - Jun 27, 2009

20 by Gaidai »»
Aug 9, 2009 4:25 PM

» 5th Quarterly Mascot Competition Nomination Thread!!

Gaidai - Jun 12, 2009

6 by Gaidai »»
Jun 27, 2009 7:43 AM

» help needed to identify some characters, (and short list of uniforms for potential nomination).

namaiki - Nov 30, 2008

0 by namaiki »»
Nov 30, 2008 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.