Forums
New
Which one do you prefer?
Death note
47.8%
Code geass
52.2%
563 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2021 2:41 PM
Jul 2020
Why? They’re nothing alike…
May 16, 2021 7:15 PM
Jun 2019
What's up with random comparison threads like these? I swear next it's gonna Steins;Gate vs My Hero Academia or something
May 16, 2021 7:47 PM
Apr 2021
the plot of code geass is brilliant imo, but i enjoyed death note. they have two different styles. one is dark and the other is more action based. so it’s hard to compare them
May 16, 2021 9:42 PM

Oct 2020
[Personal opinion]
The reason why Code Geass works is because Lelouch is a fairly smart kid in an otherwise world filled with idiots.
There are so many instances where Lelouch uses the same tactics to fool his opponents yet they never learn. Not to mention it becomes repetitive & not intelligent. We are told that Lelouch is smart, he does this, he does that, but we are not shown how he plans.
In death note, Light had these long inner monologues explaining his plans, his thought process, which I thought was absent in Code Geass. Everything in Code Geass just sort of happened, to give the suprise of a plot twist. Code Geass is way over the top & inconsistent which sometimes gets ridiculous.
Light was more smart with the usage of the death note as he conducted his own experiments on how death note works, but also maybe that's because he had all the rules of his new supernatural power written in it, whereas The power of Geass was a mystery to Lelouch. Still, Lelouch could have used his Geass more smartly at times.

Code Geass is Good & I enjoyed it but only on entertainment grounds. You basically need to turn off your own brain & watch it for fun, without overthinking & questioning too much. Also the ending of Code Geass is a thing of beauty(I'm not a fan of the death note ending) but only on fictional grounds & how it works as a perfect closure to the story. In real World politics, Zero's Requiem wouldn't exactly work, which they brought up as well in that Resurrection movie, although it isn't canon to the ending of the anime series.
May 16, 2021 10:31 PM
May 2021
smazeika83 said:
Why? They’re nothing alike…

I think the comparisons come from them having a super genius teenager basically having the date of the world in his hands. I thought they were similar because of the whole cat-mouse mental chess game that was going on.
May 16, 2021 11:14 PM
Dec 2020
Code geass is better then death note
May 16, 2021 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
It'll be Code Geass because JIBUN WO.

For real I prefer CG than DN. I know Light's ambition is understandble but it's complicated.
removed-userMay 16, 2021 11:20 PM
May 17, 2021 12:29 AM
Dec 2019
Code geass is cool
May 17, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2021
I would pick death note , it's finale might not be liked by everyone but it still kept me interested , the supporting cast was memorable and I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole journey , Code geass has its moments and the lore is well written but it bored me a lot , especially the mecha battles , although the animations were great the battles were nothing interesting , no matter what lelouch planned , the overpowered suzaku with God level of plot armour always showed up and screwed all of lelouch's plans . The rivalry between Light and L was much better than Lelouch and Suzaku's , in case of death note the audience could pick sides and could have their reasons for liking either L or Light , which made things interesting and I think was better than hating on suzaku for 2 long seasons , code geass finale did satisfy fans , but I still prefer death note because it had more likable and less number Of shitty characters , no annoying plot armour , better supporting cast , better soundtrack and better pacing , Death note was simple and easy to follow while code geass mashed Mecha , the power of geass , high school love and Politics all into just two seasons which I personally did not enjoy .
May 17, 2021 5:42 AM

Jan 2021
Jamil10 said:
I personally prefer code geass

Which one do you prefer more?
Just curious

Ahh idk, They both had problems. For plot, Death note had an amazing first half, and then fell hard. Code Geass had a really boring and rough first half, but ended Spectacularly.

Music was consistently good in Death Note, but Code Geass's music only got better towards the end of R2 with the choir songs.

The MC was far better in Code Geass, but the side characters were more interesting in Death Note.

I feel like this answer is really personal and subjective to everyone, but I'll say my preference would be Death Note. It's plot managed to keep me engulfed in the story, while Code Geass was a snoozefest in a lot of spots.
May 17, 2021 7:41 AM
May 2021
Gostei muito mais de code GEASS por causo das lutas e pela história sem contar o filme, mil vezes melhor
May 17, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Code geass is in my watch list and I’ve watched death note so I will choose once I watch code geass
May 17, 2021 9:31 AM

Nov 2020
Code geass is an amazing show but through out the show Lelouch was only likeable character and not dislikable sometimes the show felt cringey there is a episode of cat chasing a mouse , fan-service episode and more . Finale wasn’t really that amazing but yes it was good . Lelouch has a lot of plot armour too
Death Note wins for me from hundred miles and those who are saying second half is bad go read the manga and than compare , no doubt Code Geass is also an amazing show
May 17, 2021 2:55 PM
Jan 2021
Jamil10 said:
I personally prefer code geass

Which one do you prefer more?
Just curious

Death note and code geass are literally my to fav anime of all time, I can't believe you just made me choose
May 17, 2021 4:08 PM
May 2019
Definitely Death Note
May 18, 2021 1:34 AM

Aug 2020
both are pretty good, death note is no 1 and code geass is no2,
its just my opinion so don't get angry
May 18, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2021
Death Note is better, I haven’t finished Code Geass, but from what I’ve seen Death Note is leagues better. I mean, mecha isn’t really my favorite genre...
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 18, 2021 9:36 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved and locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever used anime pick-up lines IRL?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

17 by Zarutaku »»
12 seconds ago

» Who is the greatest anime bro of all time?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
2 minutes ago

» Kara no kyoukai: Can someone give me a summary of the first movie?

Yaaceen - 1 hour ago

4 by Yaaceen »»
4 minutes ago

» Look at your Character Favorites and pick which one of these describes them best

IpreferEcchi - 4 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there any anime which you haven't watched but you enjoyed the Hentai/Doujin centred around that perticular series ?

GoodBoy0069 - 3 hours ago

8 by animegamer245 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.