Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2017
Not sure how I felt about this. On one hand, Aoi's numbness was interesting to see as a coping mechanism, as well as her father's actions; I've seen quite a few shoujo series where assault and rape are swept under the rug and the victims are expected to "get over it" to not bring shame to the family or because confronting the abuse would be too much of an effort.

On the other hand, I feel that Aoi's time with the brothers wasn't properly explored, so their personalities serve more like twists to the story. I find it difficult to believe that they didn't display possessiveness towards her before their father died, and that she didn't witness at least some events that would clue her in to their personalities.

I suppose the mangaka's trying to make the point that Tohru has sociopathic traits and is able to deceive those around him perfectly. I wonder if he knew what his father was doing to Aoi. It's interesting how in the 4th chapter he refers to her as "the maid", whereas to Itsuki he addresses her as "Aoi-chan". Considering his possessiveness, it's also a bit out of character (?) that he let go mentally of Itsuki and Aoi so easily, after so much time of wanting to get revenge on Itsuki and wanting to possess Aoi.

The art was really bad on the male characters, especially their necks and jaws.

6/10 I guess. Interesting topic with fragments of good, but overall not a well told story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Ningyou Chapter 3 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Nov 7, 2018

0 by ReaperCreeper »»
Nov 7, 2018 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.