Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think the finale should be changed?
Dec 31, 2020 8:58 PM
Jun 2017
Maybe i'm a minority here. But the manga end was really bad, it feelsrushed, many questions are unanswered, Tsumugi got the Hoshijiro's body for free, the Gaunas... ok thanks...

I mean, this story is worth a lot more character/world building. But feels like, it never really ended.
Jan 1, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2013
It felt rushed and that happy end was just... weird. It was too easy and too happy - I mean, sure, who doesn't like happy endings, but c'mon, this is a Nihei series!

While Tsumugi is my favourite character in this series (duh :P), I don't think there was a lot of chemistry between her and Nagate - no more than between him and Izana, and for the most part if felt like Tsumugi's feelings were one-sided. Him falling in love with her felt way sudden. And her getting Hoshijiro's body in the end was just creepy. I mean, sure, it made sense somewhat, but if she had to get a human body, then I'd rather see her get a new appearance. (IIRC, I kinda guessed that she'd become human-sized in the end, but I was expecting her to keep the chimera look - that would've been more interesting, IMHO.)

Overall the final pairings were weird (dude!Izana and Yuhata? come on). It felt like the author wanted to pair off everybody. Made me think of the epilogues of Naruto and the Potter books... not exactly examples worth following, IMHO.

As for the movie - we already know that the finale *will* be changed somewhat, but I'm not sure if it will be any less rushed. I'm not saying the movie has to be bad, but this should have been a series, not a single movie - there's still plenty of material from the manga to adapt...
AirsaberJan 1, 2021 8:44 AM
Jan 14, 2021 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
it will be changed, because they already got their planet at the end of s2, didn't they?
I couldn't be happier about tsumugi's happy end. I really love her.
what I missed about the tv series was ochiai's fun times. we're getting that now.
hope tsundroid will get cut though.
I don't have my hopes up, the blame movie's tone was really different from the manga's. I liked it, but it wasn't the same at all.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 14, 2021 9:47 PM

Dec 2018
According to Nihei, this film will modify and likely add some details to the original plot. One particular thing that I am not a fan of is Yuhata's sex change and her relationship with Izana, so I would be happy if that were left out. Although Knights of Sidonia's finale leaves something to be desired, it succeeds in thematic catharsis, presenting the symbiosis between an immortal cloned human and a chimera, setting the stage for evolution—for humanity and the Gauna. In turn, this marks the beginning of the end of an intergalactic war through a complete biological unity of both races, a theme that Nihei first explored years before Knights of Sidonia in his one-shot Zeb-Noid. That cannot and should not be changed. But I do hope the movie does it more gracefully. Oh, and the ending is not that happy. At first glance, it sure does seem like it, but I would say it's bittersweet. Just try to think of implied circumstances.

The impossibility of fully comprehending each other is vital to Nihei's depiction of extraterrestrial contact, clearly inspired by Stanisław Lem's Solaris. Therefore, questions such as the origin and nature of the Gauna likewise cannot and should not be explained. Still, I hope this film gives us more details that enrich the speculations, seeing that several people don't enjoy Nihei's vagueness and lack of exposition. That's not the case for me. I would even celebrate extra esotericism. Nonetheless, I understand the author's intention to create something more profitable.
ElectrowandererJun 12, 2022 5:02 PM
Mar 10, 2021 9:37 AM
Sep 2020
The ending was perfect, MC got best girl, not that other annoying one, dont change it
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Aug 25, 2021 3:06 PM
Jul 2020
Airsaber said:
It felt rushed and that happy end was just... weird. It was too easy and too happy - I mean, sure, who doesn't like happy endings, but c'mon, this is a Nihei series!

While Tsumugi is my favourite character in this series (duh :P), I don't think there was a lot of chemistry between her and Nagate - no more than between him and Izana, and for the most part if felt like Tsumugi's feelings were one-sided. Him falling in love with her felt way sudden. And her getting Hoshijiro's body in the end was just creepy. I mean, sure, it made sense somewhat, but if she had to get a human body, then I'd rather see her get a new appearance. (IIRC, I kinda guessed that she'd become human-sized in the end, but I was expecting her to keep the chimera look - that would've been more interesting, IMHO.)

Overall the final pairings were weird (dude!Izana and Yuhata? come on). It felt like the author wanted to pair off everybody. Made me think of the epilogues of Naruto and the Potter books... not exactly examples worth following, IMHO.

As for the movie - we already know that the finale *will* be changed somewhat, but I'm not sure if it will be any less rushed. I'm not saying the movie has to be bad, but this should have been a series, not a single movie - there's still plenty of material from the manga to adapt...
was izana in to her or like what happened i thought they could only change they’re gender once
Aug 26, 2021 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
was izana in to her or like what happened i thought they could only change they’re gender once

That's the thing - Izana was never shown as being into Yuhata, both of them just went from bickering to being friends (who still bickered). But, IIRC, it was never said that Izana and other people like them could change their body (not sure if gender identity, too) only once. (I mean, it was Yuhata who went through the sex change - I made a mistake in my earlier post - but still.)
AirsaberAug 26, 2021 1:55 PM
Aug 26, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2020
Airsaber said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:

That's the thing - Izana was never shown as being into Yuhata, both of them just went from bickering to being friends (who still bickered). But, IIRC, it was never said that Izana and other people like them could change their body (not sure if gender identity, too) only once. (I mean, it was Yuhata who went through the sex change - I made a mistake in my earlier post - but still.)
hmm been awhile since I’ve rewatched it but I remember it being stated when mc was first introduced to her or vise versa then later he got sucker punched by the annoying character that hated mc cuz he took his mech
Aug 27, 2021 4:12 AM

Oct 2013
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
hmm been awhile since I’ve rewatched it but I remember it being stated when mc was first introduced to her or vise versa then later he got sucker punched by the annoying character that hated mc cuz he took his mech

Not sure what's that got to do with Yuhata/Izana.
Aug 28, 2021 8:57 PM
Jul 2020
Airsaber said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:

Not sure what's that got to do with Yuhata/Izana.
thats we’re it was stated how many times her kind could change
Dec 9, 2021 6:28 AM

Sep 2008
tsundroid was indeed cut. not happy about the movie original stuff. it didn't bridge the gap s2 left, it felt highly unnecessary and it was really just in the background as padding.
aside that the movie was solid, had a blast. looked way better than the tv show.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで

More topics from this board

» Anyone still watching this??

GERANSASAKI - Nov 8, 2023

2 by zckfox »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Ai Tsumugu Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion

jjrocks24 - Sep 15, 2021

26 by ChiefStilicho »»
Jan 16, 2023 2:48 PM

» Where can I watch this?

Kirukato05 - Dec 25, 2021

8 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
May 30, 2022 6:51 AM

» It Lives as a Movie!

64BitRatchet - Jul 2, 2020

17 by Kendoka76 »»
Aug 8, 2021 1:54 PM

» English Sub

SevWren - Jun 5, 2021

1 by Seiidou »»
Jun 5, 2021 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.