Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2017
The title explains itself
Feb 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Jan 2018
@Cowuser Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest. The adaptation is considered by most fans of the manga (myself included) to be one of the poorest out there. If anything, it does a really great job of deterring people away from one of the most important and influential works in all of animanga.

Now with that said, I can't recommend the manga enough. It's truly one of the most heartfelt, visceral, and soul-stirring works of fiction I've ever encountered. It's the kind of thing that can bring tears to your eyes with no tangible reason other than the sheer beauty and wistful nature of Ashinano's artwork. But yeah, the OVAs are completely devoid of everything that makes the series so special.
GreyleafFeb 1, 2020 11:11 PM

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 22, 2020 6:42 PM
Oct 2019
@Greyleaf

I personally really enjoyed the 2 OVA's which encouraged me to read the manga. I think they're both very calm and just beautiful to look at. I've only read 10 chapters, but I can definitely say that the manga is far superior to the anime. It's actually my favorite manga right now too. I so glad to have stumbled upon the anime or else I would've never had the chance to experience this masterpiece.
Feb 11, 2021 12:20 AM

Jan 2018
@Ochitsukaseru tbh that's totally fair and I've loosened up a bit on this opinion over the past year or so. I think that I was mostly speaking from how underwhelmed I was by the OVAs which ultimately led me to putting the manga off for over a year after watching them, as well as others who shared a similar sentiment. However, since then, I've also encountered plenty of people who love the OVA as well, so that's completely fine. To each their own. :)

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 12, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2022
If one reads the manga first, then the OVAs are a pleasant experience, and the apparently crude style only lends to the nostalgic feel. I love the anime, but I don't know if I would have said that without already being a fan of the manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Episode 1 Discussion

Nyanta - Oct 9, 2009

39 by DRevan9 »»
Sep 17, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Episode 2 Discussion

stAtic91 - Nov 15, 2009

32 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

» Manga

Kafig - Oct 19, 2015

4 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:13 PM

» I think it deserves a full anime adaptation

Lain - Jul 29, 2016

3 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.