Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
Seeing Conan's Grandfather die was very sad to watch, but now Conan knows that he has to move on, and find Lana.

And yes, Conan seems to be much stronger than the average human.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 11, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
Canon's reaction to his death was great, not crying or mourning but letting it all out in anger and destruction.
Kinda weird how there were like 4 women there who seemed young enough to have babies too but he's the only one there, but it's not really what the story's about so it doesn't bother me (much).

Finding out this whole show was created to sell plane and boat toys would be fantastic.

Lana also seems to have some telepathic abilities apparently, calling birds to come over without making any sound, so I think she can talk to birds by reading their minds and putting her thoughts into theirs, and only actually says the words to be polite.
But maybe she can't form sentences to them by thought alone and has to say the words if she wants to say a real sentence, only conveying emotions without speaking.
I wonder what other powers she has (telepathic and telekinetic powers often come hand in hand, but who knows, it'd be fun to see the classic superstrength man and telepathic/kinetic woman combo).
Nov 11, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2016
You know, I have to wonder if I'm making a stretch when I say this, but was the original Dragon Ball somewhat inspired by Future Boy Conan? The beginning of this reminds me a lot of the beginning of that.

You got a kid with unexplained superhuman capabilities who lives alone in the wilderness with someone he calls grandfather. They both catch a giant fish (well in Conan's case a shark), and then meet a girl. Also they've never seen a girl in their life. Kid Goku and Conan act similar too. Also the grandpa ends up dying, like we find out in this episode.

Ended up looking it up and I'm unsurprisingly not the only one to think this. Interesting thread on Kanzenshuu about it with screenshots comparing the shows ( with some minor spoilers ), if anyone is interested.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33598
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Old School Scanlation Updates ( 1 2 3 )

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 4, 2020

144 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 17, 3:28 PM

» Old School Fansub Updates ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

_-_Sally_-_ - Dec 3, 2016

221 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 17, 3:04 PM

» Name an old school Anime from A-Z! ( 1 2 3 )

_-_Sally_-_ - Jan 6, 2017

120 by Crazy48s »»
Mar 10, 10:46 AM

» What shows are you watching lately?

Cbr_Star - Dec 15, 2017

20 by TK2002 »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:18 AM

» What old school Anime are you currently watching? ( 1 2 3 )

_-_Sally_-_ - Dec 2, 2016

102 by Rubidea »»
Sep 20, 2023 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.