Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2016 6:32 PM
Aug 2013
I've seen the first season of the anime, and I've seen the latest episode of the second season. Should I begin reading from the ending of season 1, or should I start from the beginning of the manga? Did the first season of the anime skip enough stuff to make it worth reading the same content?
Jul 22, 2016 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
It's personal preference honestly. Personally, if I really like the series itself and want to learn more on the parts that are cut out and see the original author's work, then I would start from square one.
Jul 23, 2016 4:17 PM
Aug 2013
Alright, I found out where I should start reading, so I don't need help anymore.
Aug 17, 2016 5:52 AM
Sep 2011
Andrew_C said:
It's personal preference honestly. Personally, if I really like the series itself and want to learn more on the parts that are cut out and see the original author's work, then I would start from square one.
You're full of it. I've started first season yesterday, finished it today and watched seven episodes of the second one that are out. And read manga from the beginning after that, just got to the part where anime is as of now.
First season takes 60 chapters of the manga and only one irrelevant about a ping-pong match is missing from the adaptation. And bonus chapters, but they're just for laughs and don't contain any plot details or character development (of which there's little in the main Souma).
So it's absolutely fine to start from chapter 60. Or rather from the end of it, because it has couple of pages that weren't adapted and tie this chapter with the next one, which actually is missing from the season 2. But the chapter itself feels like a filler, so you can just as well start from 62 and lose nothing.

Now, from season 2 there are parts in at least ~five chapters (out of seven episodes that aired) that weren't adapted. They're not necessary, but unlike the first season you can actually say that second one hasn't adapted all of the original material. And Summer Vacation bonus chapter is the first one that I actually found worthwhile.

Seventh episode ends at 92th chapter, which is also the last chapter for eleventh volume. As I have said, second season did skip one (fillerish) chapter and small parts (mostly how ideas came to be about one or the other part of the recipe), but it's perfectly fine to start reading from the Volume 12, chapter 93 after 7th episode of the second season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.