Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 26, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2015

Well, this is very high rated anime on MAL for sure. So I guess there's probably a radical change in this season?
I dislike both of the first and second seasons; the main reasons are because I disliked the overloaded gayness, the out of the place comedy, the episodic episodes of unconnected mystery cases, and all of the characters (because two-dimensional).

Would this season fix some of that by any chance?
DeagoMar 26, 2016 11:14 PM
Apr 26, 2016 12:41 AM
Feb 2016
Book of Circus? Hmm, let's see.
In contrast to season 1 & 2 of Kuroshitsuji, it is way better and superior.

It's based off of the Noah's circus arc from the manga and adapts it splendidly. If you'll watch this series you'll see the stark difference in the characters compared to the ones in the previous filler-seasons. They are what makes the series all the more engaging. Also there won't be any over the top hints of shotacon like there was in the previous seasons.

The story itself is masterfully set up to be dark and tragic. Also a bit gory. But that's what makes it interesting.

The action, humour, mystery, fantasy and ofcourse the supernatural elements tossed into the mix gives the anime the desired flavour. And trust me the humour won't be out of place or forced. You'll actually appreciate it.

Every action will have repercussions and each and every character have purpose in this series.

PS. I highly recommend that you watch it in subs. Also there'll be quite a lot of foreshadowing so keep an attentive eye.
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
May 23, 2016 2:38 AM
Apr 2015
StarsOfRust said:
Book of Circus? Hmm, let's see.
In contrast to season 1 & 2 of Kuroshitsuji, it is way better and superior.

It's based off of the Noah's circus arc from the manga and adapts it splendidly. If you'll watch this series you'll see the stark difference in the characters compared to the ones in the previous filler-seasons. They are what makes the series all the more engaging. Also there won't be any over the top hints of shotacon like there was in the previous seasons.

The story itself is masterfully set up to be dark and tragic. Also a bit gory. But that's what makes it interesting.

The action, humour, mystery, fantasy and ofcourse the supernatural elements tossed into the mix gives the anime the desired flavour. And trust me the humour won't be out of place or forced. You'll actually appreciate it.

Every action will have repercussions and each and every character have purpose in this series.

PS. I highly recommend that you watch it in subs. Also there'll be quite a lot of foreshadowing so keep an attentive eye.
Which is why this will be an eye opener for those who were not following the manga anthology and disliked the season 1 & 2 due to *cough* *cough* original episodes from episode 16 onwards
May 26, 2016 7:55 PM
Feb 2016
ShiroeTan said:

Which is why this will be an eye opener for those who were not following the manga anthology and disliked the season 1 & 2 due to *cough* *cough* original episodes from episode 16 onwards

Well if someone is confused about the chronology I would just recommend them to read the manga. At least, that will answer their questions far better than seasons 1 & 2 ever will. More like they'll feel even more confused if they did watch it. And for your information, the story diverged from episode 1 of season 1. If you read the manga, you'll know the difference.

Also I have no qualms about original material in an anime. I welcome it as long as it's quality rather than trashy filler. Take note that this opinion is coming from someone who watched the anime before reading the manga.

I'm sorry but I just won't advice anyone to waste their precious time on something that'll perplex them even more.
StarsOfRustMay 27, 2016 8:34 PM
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
May 29, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
best of all black butler is a great anime for female cuz this will make you fangirl
Nov 2, 2016 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
Just get past the first episode.

I didn't really love the first season but I found the second season quite enjoyable in a junk-food sort of way. But this season is genuinely good anime, and it took me by total surprise (currently watching EP5.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

150 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

131 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

98 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

80 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

93 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 7:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.