Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2015
I wanted to wait until Joey posted his watch list because he's got a talent for predicting both good apples and the *ahem* less adequate...
There were some others I wanted to check out as well, but squeezing in all of these is going to be a challenge as is (though I'm sure I'll drop at least one during the season). I made my list a few days ago, and the only thing I changed today was Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (I wanted to see how similar it was to AOT)

Here's what I'll be watching for the upcoming Spring season;

-Sakamoto desu ga?
-12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki
-Boku no Hero Academia
(I've been meaning to read the manga since about August and I never got around to it, so I'm about to tear through as many chapters as I can before the anime airs XD)

-Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!
-Joker Game
-Mayoiga
-Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
-Kuma Miko
-Wagamama High Spec
-Haifuri
-Pan de Peace!
-Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

Post your lists here, and feel free to tell us why you decided to watch (be as detailed as you like), comment on my list, your predictions, etc.

Card Album!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 19, 2016 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
I don't have a lot of free time, so I don't normally pick up a lot of anime each season. Here's what I did put on my Watching this season:

Ones I put on my PTW as soon as I could, ones I've been looking forward to:

1. (Bishoujo Senshi) Sailor Moon Crystal Season III. I know the first double season (the first two seasons are listed as one on this site, and aired back-to-back) gets a lot of negative criticism, especially for its sloppy art and CG henshin sequences, and I understand that. I can even understand somewhat if people have issues with the quick pacing. However, Sailor Moon was my first anime before I knew what anime was, and it was a huge inspiration on my imagination when I was young, so there's a special place for it in my heart. I appreciate the effort Crystal is doing to adapt the manga more closely and tightly than the original anime, and I do plan on owning both series on physical release in the long run. Season III proved in its first episode that Toei greatly improved the animation for the season- the style is a lot cleaner and prettier, and the henshin sequences are now back to more traditional art, while still keeping to the beauty the whole series has held.

2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable. An online friend showed me the first season of David Productions' adaptation, and despite my notion I wouldn't like it on account of how much masculinity it seemed to have...I ended up loving it. After that, I've been keeping up with the airing ever since Part 3 started airing, and now David Productions is in new territory that has never been adapted before. (Footnote: I've also been keeping up with the manga)

3. Magi: Sinbad no Bouken. It took a while for this to start airing, but I can never say no to Magi (even if this title is largely a re-run of the OVAs of the same name); "Labyrinth of Magic" was one of the titles I chose on the first airing season when I started on new titles.

Ones I was unsure about, but ended up picking up after the season started:

4. Kiznaiver. "Gurren Lagann" was one of my earliest anime after I got into anime, so when the team reincarnated into Trigger, I've been curious about things Trigger comes out with. However, I was reluctant to check this out because it being announced in a fujoshi magazine set people on edge, and I'm not a fujoshi- though I'm not a homophobe, boy love doesn't do anything for me, and I already got enough of it with Dramatical Murder. When I started hearing good things about Kiznaiver after it started airing, I picked it up. It wasn't what I was expecting, and in a good way. I like stories like this where it's more about the characters and their relationships than anything else, and one can definitely see some "Kill la Kill" flare in the animation style.

5. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (I can never remember the first word of the Japanese title). I kind of overlooked this title at first, but when I saw a lot of talk about it, I checked it out. I can definitely see the same core in it as what Studio Wit gave Attack on Titan, but we'll see how it turns out.

I'm also waiting for the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie, Dark Side of Dimensions, to come out subbed. I recently watched the original installation (including "King of Games" (Season Zero), "Duel Monsters", and didn't find it too bad for being a kid's show (not that there wasn't plenty of things weak about it). I'm hoping this new movie, as a sequel movie, helps satisfy that very open sudden ending Duel Monsters ended on, though I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
PurpleLugiaMay 19, 2016 12:00 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Your All-Time Anime Waifu/Husbando? ( 1 2 )

AnimeApollo - Jun 5, 2016

54 by zenmode478 »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:22 AM

» What anime world will you enter as the MC?

Rollin_ - Jan 4, 2021

13 by zenmode478 »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:19 AM

» Anime Character that makes you sick to your stomach?

Kaijuuj - Jul 28, 2016

7 by zenmode478 »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:18 AM

» Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaZinga - Jan 20, 2015

320 by zenmode478 »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:17 AM

» What do you think is the most underrated anime?

Rasengan777 - Mar 4, 2021

6 by zenmode478 »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.