Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2008 9:47 PM

Jul 2007
Right, so since this is a Kurogane fan club I figured that there should be a topic about Kurogane and Fai. Weather you like them as simply friends or as the canon couple they are, this is the place to chat about their relationship.
=D

Personally, I am a huge Kurogane x Fai fan. Canon, epic, and beautiful. There's just so much to their relationships. I also think they make great friends~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 29, 2008 4:20 AM
Jan 2008
I personally like both ways.
I'm just weird but they are like so epic when they are together.

Feb 29, 2008 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
Indeed. Something about them that anyone, even someone who doesn't enjoy their romance, can enjoy, it that inexplicable epicness they share. I mean really, all they have to do is look at each other and they understand what the other was wanting to say.

And am I the only one who thinks we need to see another feeding scene!! One was simply not enough!
Mar 7, 2008 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
I adore Kurogane x Fai.
Though, I admit, for a while I did like Kurogane x Tomoyo. It was mainly the Piffle Arc. They just made them seem so cute together.
But CLAMP has made it plenty clear that Tomoyo is and always will be in love with Sakura. ^^
& as the story goes on, Kurogane x Fai just makes more sense. & I think the two compliment each other SO well.
They must be canon.
I mean, CLAMP has given enough Fanserive xDDD
Mar 8, 2008 3:37 AM
Nov 2007
Fully should have another feeding scene Tsubame!! I agree with you there!! Maybe this time Fai biting Kuro's neck??
Mar 8, 2008 7:04 AM

Jul 2007
A neck feeding would make me the happiest person on earth. But hey, I'm game with anywhere. xDD

Meh. I'd probably have been more interested in the whole KuroTomo thing in it hadn't been for Cardcaptor Sakura. But as it stands, I know that the only relationship Kurogane and Tomoyo have is platonic. They love each other very much, just not in the way Kurogane and Fai love each other.
May 12, 2008 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
I like them as friends, but I wouldn't really mind them as a couple. I'm not a BL fan, but Kurogane and Fai are just awesome together(just like Yuuri and Wolfram, btw XD).

May 13, 2008 7:42 AM

Jul 2007
Ariana said:
I like them as friends, but I wouldn't really mind them as a couple. I'm not a BL fan, but Kurogane and Fai are just awesome together(just like Yuuri and Wolfram, btw XD).

O_O; Your username is my real name. xDD Hullo thar.

And I don't really base what I ship by gender. If one or both of them was a female I'd still love KuroFai. ^__^ ( same with Wolfram and Yuuri, actually <33 )
May 13, 2008 9:44 AM

Mar 2008
Tsubame said:
O_O; Your username is my real name. xDD Hullo thar.

And I don't really base what I ship by gender. If one or both of them was a female I'd still love KuroFai. ^__^ ( same with Wolfram and Yuuri, actually <33 )

Haha, Ariana IS my real name XDDD So srsly, I'm happy I found someone with the same first name on MAL ^^

Well, I'm not a BL fan mainly because most of BL manga or anime seem rather bad. It's not really because I'm bothered by the guy x guy relationships. I'm not into romance in general, actually. There are exceptions, though not too many.

But I guess CLAMP should kinda decide whether they want Kurogane and Fai's relationship to be more on the romantic side, or on the friendship side. Because we all know the hints are there, but it's still very ambiguous. One can really see them as friends, but it's impossible to deny that they're very close. But well, it's like that with many chars in many series I guess.
ArianaMay 15, 2008 12:18 PM

May 15, 2008 11:23 AM

Apr 2008
Ariana said:
Because we all know the hints are there, but it's still very ambiguous.

I was actually having this discussion with a friend of mine the other day..
CLAMP loves to hint, hint, and hint. But never actually come out and tell us relationship things. It's fun because we get to use our imaginations, but at the same time it can also drive one mad because we never KNOW, you know? Ah, CLAMP... Your fans love you, even while you toy with us..
May 15, 2008 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
Fuuma said:
CLAMP loves to hint, hint, and hint. But never actually come out and tell us relationship things.

I never really thought of, for example, Watanuki and Doumeki as more than friends, but with Fai and Kurogane there really are too many hints to just ignore them. And they even had to add that blood sucking thing XD

May 15, 2008 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
Mmbloodsucking...
May 23, 2008 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
Same here. I didn't even think about Doumeki x Watauki until I found out about it on a fansite.
My initial reaction was "wtf?" but then I just figured people like to have fun with pairings.
That's why it bugs me when people compare Kurogane x Fai with Doumeki x Watanuki and say how similar and cannon they both are. KuroFai is, but ... gah, Watanuki x Doumeki has been bugging me lately. Or atleast its fandom.
NO OFFENSE TO FANS OF THE PAIRING.
D=
May 24, 2008 3:12 AM

Mar 2008
Doumeki and Watanuki are clearly friends(and Watanuki really seems to be head over heals in love with Himawari). But some people just see pairings everywhere lol.

With Kurogane and Fai I can agree that there's something more than friendship going on between them. But it's also ambiguous, so it can be interpreted either way I guess.

May 27, 2008 10:01 PM

Jul 2007
Ew. DouWata. DO NOT WANT. D<
Jun 3, 2008 1:32 PM

Nov 2007
I hate how they destroy an wonderful characther like Kurogane through making him stay with a gay characther like Fai. I can't stand Fai and I dislike the strong homosexual hints that is made over and over again. Kurogane should be with Tomoya or no one, but yea thats just my opinion.

Jun 3, 2008 4:52 PM

Jul 2007
drusila said:
I hate how they destroy an wonderful characther like Kurogane through making him stay with a gay characther like Fai. I can't stand Fai and I dislike the strong homosexual hints that is made over and over again. Kurogane should be with Tomoya or no one, but yea thats just my opinion.

How can one possibly DESTROY Kurogane when he is the person who MADE Kurogane. Fai taught Kurogane what true strength was. Fai showed Kurogane there was more to life than pointless violence. Kurogane and Fai are a canon couple and that is that.

Besides, Tomoyo loves Sakura. Not Kurogane Sakura.
Jun 4, 2008 6:33 AM

Mar 2008
There's no point arguing lol. I know people have different tastes, but her scoring system is weird o_O And apparently she's a homophobe so well...

Jun 8, 2008 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
drusila said:

How is he in any way "destroyed"? Honestly, don't you think he's a much better person afterwards? Sorry; I just don't understand how you came to the conclusion of him being ruined. Fai made him realize so much; as well as the others, like Sakura and Syaoran, even Mokona. Kurogane has changed a lot, I'll give you that, but anything has been an improvement. I respect your opinion completely, but isn't a bit much to say that Kurogane's been destroyed?
Besides, Kurogane does love Tomoyo very much, but not like how he loves Fai.
And I'm sure you know by now Tomoyo loves Sakura.
Just saying though. =DD
Jun 16, 2008 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
I like tomoyo+Kurogane as lovers but Kurogane and Fai as partners when fighting and best friends when talking. I really wouldn´t like Kurogane to be homosexual... it´ll break my heart somehow...
Jun 19, 2008 12:15 PM
Jun 2007
I think they compliment eachother so well...Kurogane is no way ruined or tainted by Fai, they help eachother grow to the point where Fai stops running and lying, and Kuro figures out what true strength is - they become real people. To be honest, I cant see Kuro actively seeking out love...but if it came along, he would eventually accept it (in his own way) once he realises that you cannot chose who you love. Besides, he deserves someone strong to fight side by side with him, someone who isn't a complacant fragile doll, but rather someone who can challenge him...someone he can respect. Fai is this...yet still has a vulnerable side that Kuro feels like he's needed.

For someone who started the journey saying he would not help, Kurogane sacrifices so much for his 'family' (yes, that includes Fai-Mummy). Given CLAMP's usual yaoi/yuri understones, Fai and Kuro's bond (Kuro is keeping Fai alive....and Vampires are seen in modern times as sexual creatures), their sacrifices (....would you give a limb for someone you didn't care about?)....well in CLAMP-land, thats love... :P
Jun 23, 2008 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
xdarkfaeriex said:
I think they compliment eachother so well...Kurogane is no way ruined or tainted by Fai, they help eachother grow to the point where Fai stops running and lying, and Kuro figures out what true strength is - they become real people. To be honest, I cant see Kuro actively seeking out love...but if it came along, he would eventually accept it (in his own way) once he realises that you cannot chose who you love. Besides, he deserves someone strong to fight side by side with him, someone who isn't a complacant fragile doll, but rather someone who can challenge him...someone he can respect. Fai is this...yet still has a vulnerable side that Kuro feels like he's needed.

For someone who started the journey saying he would not help, Kurogane sacrifices so much for his 'family' (yes, that includes Fai-Mummy). Given CLAMP's usual yaoi/yuri understones, Fai and Kuro's bond (Kuro is keeping Fai alive....and Vampires are seen in modern times as sexual creatures), their sacrifices (....would you give a limb for someone you didn't care about?)....well in CLAMP-land, thats love... :P

:3
Very well said.
Jun 26, 2008 12:33 AM

Nov 2007
Tsubame said:
drusila said:

How can one possibly DESTROY Kurogane when he is the person who MADE Kurogane. Fai taught Kurogane what true strength was. Fai showed Kurogane there was more to life than pointless violence. Kurogane and Fai are a canon couple and that is that.

Besides, Tomoyo loves Sakura. Not Kurogane Sakura.

I do have my right to have my own opinion, I think that Kurogane is destroyed by such a terrible characther as Fay, In my opinion Kurogane learnt from Tomoya that it was wrong to fight and kill. Tomoya loves Sakura in Cardcaptor Sakura, I am legally following the Tsubasa manga buying everyone that for the moment is out from del ray and as far as they got there is no proof that Tomoya loves Sakura in tsubasa.

Jun 29, 2008 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoyo canonly is in love with Sakura =/
Once CLAMP makes her in a canon relationship, albeit one-sided, they don't take it back. Sakura is her love, in every world regardless of whether or not she even knows her. That's CLAMPverse for you. They even demonstrated that in Piffle.
It's understandable, since you haven't read up to the latest chapter, but it's pretty much confirmed later on that Fay taught him what true strength was.
Fay is Kurogane's most precious person.
That's obvious in later chapters.
Oh well, though. You can believe in KuroTomo if you want. :D
Sep 16, 2008 8:14 AM
Mar 2008
iShine said:
I personally like both ways.
I'm just weird but they are like so epic when they are together.

i agree with you on that^^
Jun 24, 2009 8:15 PM

Nov 2008
I definately like them as just friends, but I wouldn't mind if there was a joke accidental kiss that neither would mention again in their lives. I'd compare them better to brothers.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Kurogane Nickname

evony123 - Feb 24, 2008

34 by hunterxsher »»
Jun 6, 2012 5:46 AM

» Kurogane + Tomoyo

HimeSama - Jun 16, 2008

4 by Tsuku »»
Jun 24, 2009 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.