Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 27, 2016 7:36 AM
Oct 2011
Looking for anime/manga where the mc loses on purpose even though he could have easily won.

Getting caught on purpose also counts like Hyoubu Kyousuke in zettai karen children.

Possible reasons for losing on purpose could be like wanting to hide his power, going easy on opponent, the loss is necessary as part of a bigger plan.

Would appreciate if you could put a sentence describing said loss rather than name drop, thanks!

Jan 27, 2016 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
I'm trying to think up for something like that but right now I will put what popped out of my mind, atm.

The Irregular at Magic High School
- mc is super strong but is treated as weak due to "school scoring system", but he accepts the weak view of him by the other students. So, he kinda let himself lose to other people in terms of treatment. Reasons? In my opinion, he's doing this so that he can watch over his sister, who is going to the same school as him.

I like this show for the taboo sis-bro that never go over the line. So a heart teaser. :)
Everyone is worth something. Now, how can you be of used to me? :)
Jan 27, 2016 10:39 AM
Oct 2011
Already watched, one of my favorite shows and pretty much the perfect example of what I am looking for.
Jan 27, 2016 4:36 PM

May 2015
nanatsu no taizai
Jan 27, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2016
Does the MC have to lose all the time?
Jan 28, 2016 3:20 AM
Oct 2011
No, it's alright if he's eventually forced to show his hand, though would prefer if everyone else is awed at the big reveal.
Jan 28, 2016 4:07 AM

Jan 2016
opmcftw said:
No, it's alright if he's eventually forced to show his hand, though would prefer if everyone else is awed at the big reveal.

So is it not OK if the MC loses only once?
Jan 28, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2014
Here are some that may appeal to you:

anime:

Death Note
Prince of Tennis
Bleach

Comic:

Feng Shen Ji
Prince of Tennis
Death Note
Shin Angyo Onshi

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Jan 28, 2016 5:16 AM
Oct 2011
tackman said:
opmcftw said:

So is it not OK if the MC loses only once?

thats okay, as long as he could have won EASILY but CHOSE to lose.

Seen prince of tennis and bleach, and I don't ever recall the MC's purposely losing, maybe holding back sure, but they still win the fight/match while holding back(which is actually somewhat what im looking for) and as for death note he does at one point do this i think so yea that works. will check out the other 2

More topics from this board

» What's the best hentai plot ever?

isseixkoneko - 12 minutes ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
12 minutes ago

» I want a unique experience

Rabnawaz2 - 7 hours ago

9 by Huskyhulk »»
1 hour ago

» Asking for name of this hentai

hunter99xz - Jun 15

3 by hunter99xz »»
2 hours ago

» 14 Anime with Angels - 5 with Real Angels - 9 with Normal Angels

NASHILUKA - Jul 23, 2022

9 by Khashishi »»
6 hours ago

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - May 29

7 by Estefan »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.