Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2015 7:59 AM
Jun 2014
I am new to creating amv's so I wanted that someone could rate these and tell me what I could improve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaJSKzN7lMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45kiPhMW4Y
Apr 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2015
Okay let's see..

I'm rating the first AMV to a 4.5/10.

The second one is a 5/10.

You're still new to this, so it's quite expected.
You need to improve transitions. I've seen a total of 2 transitions, fate in/out and scene shift using motion blur. They're decent enough to make it, but you still need to add a few more.
Next thing to fix is the rhythm. The songs are actually nice, but you're messing up the timing where the scene shifts from one another. You put -some- transitions there, but it doesn't fit the timing. You should try seeing how you see the song tempo to go, when does the drum start to play, and time the scene with it.

Next thing you can do is add some lyric text inside the video. For ex., if you find a fitting part where the anime scene would last too long, add some text and multiple scenes switching through the background.

I'd suggest taking a look at This AMV and see how the author manages to match up the transitions with the tempo. (Sorry if you don't like the song or anime, but this is decent example of good timing and transitions.)

I'm not saying to copy it, just take a look at it, and try seeing what the author does.

That's about it, good luck. ^^
Apr 23, 2015 10:21 AM
Jun 2014
Nymil said:
Okay let's see..

You need to improve transitions. I've seen a total of 2 transitions, fate in/out and scene shift using motion blur. They're decent enough to make it, but you still need to add a few more.
Next thing to fix is the rhythm. The songs are actually nice, but you're messing up the timing where the scene shifts from one another. You put -some- transitions there, but it doesn't fit the timing. You should try seeing how you see the song tempo to go, when does the drum start to play, and time the scene with it.

Next thing you can do is add some lyric text inside the video. For ex., if you find a fitting part where the anime scene would last too long, add some text and multiple scenes switching through the background.

I'd suggest taking a look at This AMV and see how the author manages to match up the transitions with the tempo. (Sorry if you don't like the song or anime, but this is decent example of good timing and transitions.)

I'm not saying to copy it, just take a look at it, and try seeing what the author does.

The transitions in this amv is awesome, but I don't get it how to add them because I don't see them in sony vegas pro 13 transition tab. Maybe you could tell me how to make transitions like that guy or paste tutorial link?
Apr 24, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
deimisd said:
Nymil said:
Okay let's see..

The transitions in this amv is awesome, but I don't get it how to add them because I don't see them in sony vegas pro 13 transition tab. Maybe you could tell me how to make transitions like that guy or paste tutorial link?

The motion blur/scene changes were done in SVP 13, while the other transitions, for ex. when the scene shifts to a "scene" inside her head (black background, with lyrics popping up) are done using After Effects.

More topics from this board

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

9 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Yesterday, 7:48 PM

» DBS Dream Fairy Match Girl "Nana" ("Yuna")

MasterTasuke - May 20

3 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

376 by nin-tendo »»
May 24, 1:31 PM

» help with video editing

maxima423 - Mar 2, 2012

7 by Synergyedits »»
May 24, 12:25 PM

» Anime Recommendations - MAL

hacker09 - May 16, 2022

23 by CLModerno »»
May 21, 4:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.