Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2009 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
How many Sakura Taisen games are released so far, and for which console? I wanna collect the games.

And good news: A new ST game is released for Wii and Playstation 2. IN ENGLISH! It´s the first game of the franchise that is released out of Japan. I´m so excited ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 15, 2009 8:10 AM

Apr 2009
Chinkyu said:
I´m so excited ^^
and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you ~ xD

I want buy Sakura Wars for Playstation 2 ^^ It's my Xmas dream XD
Nov 16, 2009 7:02 AM

Apr 2009
Translated entry from my german blog, with the help of Google^^:

When I was a few weeks ago on the Internet, I've found on one site, the news that FINALLY a game from the Sakura Taisen serieswill be released outside of Japan: "Sakura Taisen: So long, my Love" for Nintendo Wii and Playstation 2. That alone gave me a reason to rejoice, because anime and manga from ST are among my absolute favorite. Now the game will come out even in Europe.

But what is Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars) about?

By now, even an anime series, a film and several OVAs are released. The manga is also available in Germany in Egmont Publishing, unfortunately the series was cancelled after Volume 7 (which emerged at least a little while ago, I am skeptical that there still continues). Most of the episodes take place in Tokyo in early 20th Century, when fighting a group of specially talented girl with the Koubus (combat robots, which are operated with spiritual energy) against dark forces. In the OVAs other fighting groups in Paris and New York were presented. "So long, my love" plays in America.

The main characters of OVA New York: v.l.n.r. Sagitta Weinberg, Kujou Subaru, Gemini Sunrise, Shinjiro Taiga Rikaritta Aries, Diana Caprice

RPGamer.com has some screenshots, among other things, fight scenes and interviews with the Charas. The player assumes the role of a new character, who joins the group and will keep with the anime charas New York from destruction. It will be fought both on the ground and in the air, which could indeed be very interesting.

The game will be a strategy RPG, however, attach much importance to the interaction with other characters. Depending on what answers it gives the NPCs in the talks, will change the course of the story. What indeed sounds very good, the game would have definitely a high replay value. As is reported here is the game in America on 2 Discs. A disk containing the English dubbing, the second has the original voices from Japan. Hopefully, this is achieved in Europe as well, for example, I personally would the Japanese prefer to vote. The game should come to the U.S. in the end of 2009, but has now postponed to early 2010. But I suspect a quick Europa release, since the game will probably not be translated. If they do, then I honestly do not expect it to come before the autumn of 2010. Because of the many story possibilities there must be quite a bit of text to translate.

Finally, a few facts:
Genre: Strategy
Publisher: NIS
Developer / Co-Developer: RED / Idea Factory
Systems: Wii and Playstation 2
Release in Europe: 2010

If the developers have done everything right, maybe the game could finally be the long-awaited RPG hit on the Wii. We'll see ^ _ ^
Nov 16, 2009 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
I want this game, but....
It's New York Kageki-dan. -.-
I really don't like them. Gemini and Taiga are really good characters, but Diana, Sagitta, Subaru and Aries are boring. D:
Nov 16, 2009 7:25 AM

Apr 2009
You´re right, New York was not really good. I would have preferred Tokyo or Paris.
But if many people buy this game, maybe they´ll bring the other games to America/Europe, too. For example Sakura Taisen 1 +2 for PSP or the DS game.
Oct 22, 2016 1:46 PM
Sep 2014
Hmm... Yeah, maybe it seems strange that somebody post here in 2016, but I still hope that...Somebody is still watching these topics?

I just didn't knew about ST group here; I am a big fan of the franchise for almost 9 years, but only had played in 1 and 2nd games and watched ST: The Movie. Now I "renewed" my feelings to the franchise and going to replay 1 and 2 games, and then play in 3 and possibly 4 games on PC and PS2-ver. of the 1st game on the emulator.
Also I am going to watch the series.
Maybe I will try "So long, my love" too.

Oh well... Still hope that somebody will read it.
Oct 23, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2009
KannaTC said:
Hmm... Yeah, maybe it seems strange that somebody post here in 2016, but I still hope that...Somebody is still watching these topics?

I am still watching them ;) The club is really inactive now (sadly), but I still love Sakura Taisen and it's always nice to meet another fan!
Oct 23, 2016 11:21 AM
Sep 2014
Chinkyu said:
KannaTC said:

I am still watching them ;) The club is really inactive now (sadly), but I still love Sakura Taisen and it's always nice to meet another fan!

Aw, I am so happy somebody is still here! Nice to meet you too :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Sakura Taisen songs

Misae - Jun 24, 2009

9 by removed-user »»
Oct 30, 2023 7:46 PM

» Favourite character?

Misae - Jun 18, 2009

8 by KannaTC »»
Oct 23, 2016 1:34 PM

» What character you hate?

Misae - Jun 22, 2009

18 by KannaTC »»
Oct 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Sticky: » Member IDs

Chinkyu - Jun 23, 2009

18 by Hinata-xx »»
Nov 27, 2012 5:20 PM

» Claim your favourite Sakura Taisen character!

Chinkyu - Jul 6, 2009

9 by SophiafrmAustria »»
Sep 24, 2010 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.