Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2009 12:54 PM

Dec 2008
This thread is for general discussions about Otome games. Most likely our convo will turn into why more than half of them aren't tranlsated, but in a way that's a good debate. ^^

The convo so far from my other club was this:

Takai:

the original HaruToki Hachiyoushou is so much love~~~ <3 Even if i didn't get far with my lack of Japanese, and even though it's kinda old = not the best graphic quality, i still loved it. Plus all the SEIYUU *_*

I also loved YoJinBo. After Animamundi (which is made by the same company), i expected it to be super difficult, but it's actually surprisingly easy and short. The only thing i didn't like much was that it was too colorful for my tastes.. like, too much contrast and all, it was a little over the top. I still didn't get all the endings. Apparently once you do, you get a bonus which is a host club with all 6 bodyguards >3 hehe.

I am dying to play Hakuoki shinsengumi game. Now those are character designs that i absolutely LOVE. The sepia-ish colors *_* And GASP, the heroine is actually very cute. Usually, all the visual novel heroines make me go "ugh, why do they all look the same and so boring!" But in Hakuoki the girl is soooo adorable, like i would love to play as her. Plus a lot of guys with long dark hair *o*

I'll stop for now ^^;;
Report - Edit - Quote
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

03-20-09, 6:31 PM
K0K05

Girl if I had it then I wouldn't care about the graphics or it being old as long as those *Hotties* were in there XD .. I wish I could play it *** especially Haruka Naru Toki No Naka De 3 ♥ Masaomi ♥ XD ***, unfortunately they don't sell it here in US =(

I'm so searching for YoJinBo (reverse harem club muahaha *evil laugh* ;P), plus it's probably the only Romantic game available here! *_*

Another game with LONG DARK HAIRED GUYS (I'm lovin it hehe).. now I want to play it too =( .. you guys should know my weakness in these are Hot guys especially dark long haired ones *sigh* XD..

Report - Edit - Quote

03-20-09, 6:42 PM
Takai

Yeah, like i said, HaruToki was great even if it's kinda old. It had a bit of RPG too; i liked the "battle" system X3 they don't sell anything here D< Our best (and well, our ONLY) choice is to install an emulator and download the games. I wish they'd make a PS2 emulator that actually works already... i'd love to try Hakuoki, even if just clicking around. The graphics are gorgeous in that one *_*

I don't remember where i downloaded Yojinbo from, i think a friend did it for me. I'll try searching. That one is a PC game, so it should run fine. (speaking of which, i totally forgot about posting my screenshots *_* /shot)

and YES LONG DARK HAIRED GUYS. my huge weakness *o* (you're in my long dark haired guys club right? :P)
Report - Edit - Quote
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

03-20-09, 7:22 PM
shinkeikaku

Heart no Kuni no Alice. Other Quinrose games weren't that special to me, but I really like this one. The setting in which Alice is part of a "game" is interesting, as are all the inhabitants. The art is very colorful too. My favorite so far is Peter, the yandere rabbit (and accused bunny-eared pervert).
Report - Edit - Quote

03-20-09, 7:58 PM
K0K05

@ Takai: lol yup I'm in that group.. but yea if you can find out where to download those games from that'll be wonderful thx ^_^
Report - Edit - Quote

03-20-09, 10:27 PM
Yoru_Hime

The only one I've played so far is the Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden one: Kagami no miko. I really enjoy it heh even though I cant read Japanese to save my life I enjoyed looking at the art, and listening to the voices. Eventually I got the jist of what was going on so I still have fun playing it over. But so far, this one is my fave but I've been wanting to play Will o Wisp, though I'm not sure if that counts as RH or not.
Report - Edit - Quote
If a prince on a white horse were to appear before me, I pray he falls off.

04-23-09, 6:23 AM
Finarien

Is there anything for PC?
I don't have a PSP or PS2 so most of these are a no-no for me! I'M so sad since after YoJinBo I really wanted to try another one.:P
Report - Edit - Quote

04-23-09, 3:32 PM
K0K05

ohhh thats a hard one *thinking*.. i can't think of any lol, even i want to know >.<
Report - Edit - Quote

04-24-09, 8:53 AM
shinkeikaku
Manga Moderator

I can't think of anymore available in English on PC.
Report - Edit - Quote

04-24-09, 10:46 AM
Finarien

Hmm c'est dommage.:(
Then I have to play with something else.:P

Thanks a lot that you gave it a thought tho!:)
Report - Edit - Quote

04-25-09, 9:46 AM
shinkeikaku

If anyone has a DS, they can play Princess Debut :) It's not historical, but you get to act like a princess in another world.. ha.
Report - Edit - Quote

04-28-09, 7:43 PM
Finarien

I just came across a game called Spirited Heart. I really wanna play with it since I liked the demo. I still think that YoJinBo was better in away but there are more opportunities in this one!:)
Do any of you know where can I download the full game for free? (I know it's a though question:P)
Report - Edit - Quote

Yesterday, 3:41 AM
K0K05

@ Fin: Is that game in English?

@Yoru: I too want to play Will O Wisp and i think it kinda goes into the fantasy/historical genre, so i would count it as RH.

@ Shin: Cool, I'll try it's demo and see cuz i have my DS just laying there with only that one Mario game ^^".

@ All: Where do you guys get these other Otome games from?. I mean since they're not translated, wouldn't they just be sold in Japan etc. Unless you guys got them from Japan or online somehow.
Report - Edit - Quote

9 hours ago
Finarien

You mean Spirited Heart?
Yeah that one is english, and is a raising sim game mixed with otome stuff. If you are good you can marry 6 different guys, but you also have to raise some of your stat points and have to go to work and pay the tax.:PP
-K0K0-Nov 22, 2009 6:23 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 9, 2009 8:13 PM

Mar 2008
I voted yes on the poll, as in I would want them translated the wording that is. But as far as the actors go, I think it would be better to keep the original seiyuu's. Tho not RH I've played a couple of yaoi games, that were translated in English, but kept Jap voice and I enjoyed it much better. I find that if the games were to be dubbed, the voices would be ruined, and or corny.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Nov 9, 2009 11:30 PM

Feb 2009
Well I for a similar reason like Yoru, chose MAybe just subbed. I wouldn't mind to hear the seiyuu's even if they are speaking in japanese as long as there is a sub to understand what are they saying. xD Basically it would be like watching anime for me.xD

I also agree that translating and switching seyuus usually turns out really bad. I do not have too much exp on otome games but when I heard FMA dubbed into Hungarian I nearly fell off the chair it was that bad!!! No life behind the characters at all, and the voices just didn't match the characters at all.
Nov 10, 2009 1:16 PM

Dec 2008
I totally agree with both of you, in fact i think it would be easier for the companies themselves. I mean the voices are half the reason any girl even watches or plays Otome games/animes. When dubbed, they sometimes sound really cheesy (probably because we already heard them in Japanese). Plus it fits each character, where as English wouldn't really do the trick. Though like Fin said maybe subbed would be better. BUT as i was thinking about that i came across the thought that if we keep looking at the subs, how are we going to concentrate on the game, its not like an anime. ^^"
Nov 10, 2009 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
Agreed! I find the voices to be rather alluring, in a sense in the games, or to be more blunt sexy ^^ And if oh say Vic, or Travis dubbed lets say Haruka in this case, though I like those two English dub seiyuu's, I still think the game would be ruined by the overwhelming chessiness of the wording. I could just see one of the lines being: "I've spent long hours, into the night thinking about you, dreaming of you, wanting to be with you." Something along those lines, and I'm afraid I just wouldn't be able to take it seriously. I'd be laughing my butt off, too much. As for the subs, I agree with K0K I don't think it would be easy to focus on the game, if there were subs. Two to one if it was on PSP the text would be either really tiny, or way too big.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Nov 11, 2009 5:41 AM

Aug 2009
I agree, subbed/translated but with the original japanese VA.
I'll be satisfied just with subbed but atleast bring them to me!! Only two of them are trnaslated and one is kind of kiddish.
Nov 22, 2009 6:32 PM

Dec 2008
@ Yoru: Yea you see what i mean, i mean i don't mind reading the subs but i would rather give my 100% concentration on the game itself not each characters subs.

@ All: What if they could actually use VA's that have sexy/matured voice which actually matches each character. I know some translated games do sound weird but if they can just get better VA's then just MAYBE it would be fine with full dubs.

Also I'm so excited that Idea factory decided to make their games international. I think we should all support and vote in the forum at the Neoromance site. =D
Nov 26, 2009 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
Now that's a different story, if we could find better VA's then I'd be up for it. Though it'd have to be a sure thing, that the actors matched the character before I'd be up for it. While I do like Vic's work, I just cant see him voice acting for games, I'm afraid it just might be a flop.

As for the voting, they've got my vote well they will once I find the site again lol.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» - Heart no Kuni no Alice -

-K0K0- - Nov 16, 2009

6 by stellarroze »»
Nov 19, 2012 6:17 PM

Sticky: » - Recommendations -

-K0K0- - Nov 7, 2009

4 by mizuharamitzu »»
Nov 14, 2012 10:26 AM

Sticky: » - Member Cards -

-K0K0- - Nov 3, 2009

45 by Suumi »»
Apr 13, 2012 10:06 PM

» - Will O' Wisp -

-K0K0- - Nov 13, 2009

7 by CherryBlossom00 »»
Sep 25, 2011 10:18 AM

» - Club Banners &amp; Bars -

-K0K0- - May 13, 2010

0 by -K0K0- »»
May 13, 2010 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.