Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 15, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2013
TKMike said:

This one I agree. The story is about Tatsuya and Miyuki and not GAA and Japan :)

Nope, the story isn't about Tatsuya. It's about his powers. He himself is just insignificant addition to them.
Shiba's character development was already finished, before the series started. No events can hold any impact on him. Whole plot of anime can be summed up in that manner:
1) An enemy appears.
2) The enemy is doing something, that can endanger Miyuki.
3) Tatsuya vaporises the enemy.
4) Repeat.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Oct 15, 2014 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
[quote=alien321]are you sure?[quote]

In this case yes. The writer in no way says that such prejudice against these "halves" is good, indeed one of them ends up helping Tatsuya save Okinawa. Furthermore the writer makes the point that those who ended up "betraying" Japan were not wrong, because who could blame them considering how the Japanese treated them.

So the writer took a real situation and put it in his novel to make a point about how such discrimination is counter productive. So my comment was about both 1) your lack of understanding about real world situations when foreign troops are involved, and 2) the point the writer was making in bringing this up.

alien321 said:
And this is not racism? Even if there are excuses is always racism.

Not necessarily. A dislike of outsiders is not racism, because race has little to do with it, it is just a dislike of others (which in Japan often involves other Japanese). It's tribalism, not racism.

As for dislike of foreign soldiers left behind children, that likewise could not be racist, but situational. No country likes to have foreign soldiers based in territory, even if they are allies (least you forget that was one of the primary reasons given for the US rebelling against the UK in the Declaration of Independence). In a world with scarce resources, it is easy to see bitterness that these children were left behind by the US Army, leaving it to the natives to raise, educate, feed, and board them.

alien321 said:
Anyway I'm reading the entire novel and is full of propaganda, but to Tatsuya.

Now that I can get on board with. But take it a step further, Tatsuya is a god.

alien321 said:
Too bad if the author had been more balanced, it would have been a great novel

There are actually 14 of them.
Oct 16, 2014 9:36 AM
Jun 2014
jakkubus said:
TKMike said:

This one I agree. The story is about Tatsuya and Miyuki and not GAA and Japan :)

Nope, the story isn't about Tatsuya. It's about his powers. He himself is just insignificant addition to them.
Shiba's character development was already finished, before the series started. No events can hold any impact on him. Whole plot of anime can be summed up in that manner:
1) An enemy appears.
2) The enemy is doing something, that can endanger Miyuki.
3) Tatsuya vaporises the enemy.
4) Repeat.

hehe oh boy, nice way to write it down. Let me write something else. Let's take an action anime.
1) An enemy appears.
2) Enemy shows that he/she is doing something that the MC dislikes.
3) MC defeats enemy
4) Repeat.....
Can't you see the difference?? Also to be clear here. Read the topic and read what you're writing here^^
Jul 10, 2017 7:53 AM
Feb 2015
trabeus1 said:
Do I smell alot of propaganda in this anime especially in yokohama disturbance arc?

The peoples republic of china does anti japanese propaganda all the time with TV and movies https://youtu.be/xBW1lQw_WrI the ridicolous japanese devil in chinese title of video
darklord213Jul 10, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 14, 2017 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
darklord213 said:
trabeus1 said:
Do I smell alot of propaganda in this anime especially in yokohama disturbance arc?

The peoples republic of china does anti japanese propaganda all the time with TV and movies https://youtu.be/xBW1lQw_WrI the ridicolous japanese devil in chinese title of video

Yeah, actually, this mutual hatred and xenophobia masked as patriotism sells a lot, on both sides, although the chinese version of it is a lot more in the open.

But oh boy, anyone who doesn't see the narcisistic views and ego of it on anime/manga/ln must be blind. It's a lot better than before, but the undertones are easily seen.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 21, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.