Forum Settings
Forums

THE GREAT DEBATE: Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)?

New
Which eye ability is better? Geass (Code Geass) vs. Sharingan (Naruto)?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2009 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
sharingan is more of an temporal illusion, while geass give almost absolute control(there are exception) for permanent amount of time
Aug 16, 2010 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Geass. I mean, duh.

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Sep 3, 2010 10:06 AM

Aug 2009
did some people actually vote for sharingan??? O_O
c'mmon man!
geass is such an obvious choice.I mean what the heck sharingan actually does? creates illusions and some other crap for a while,when geass can completely control human minds and not for just a while,but forever.
plus it's only one kind of geass and it can be many different kinds and with different abilities.
Jan 11, 2011 5:34 AM
Nov 2009
geass gets my vote...it's "the power of the kings"! no ONE can defy it.. it's ABSOLUTE!!!
May 1, 2011 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Damn.. After reading between the difference of SHARINGAN and GEAS. I honestly choose the SHARINGAN but I accidentally choice the GEAS.

For the person who may count the vote, please add it to SHARINGAN..
As I see, a big percentage is being given to GEAS compared to SHARINGAN. But if you will read the difference and explanation MUCH BETTER, i think you would probably vote for SHARINGAN. ^_^...

Kenshin Himura
Ligt Yagami
Kade Rukawa
Hanamichi Sakuragi
Aya Mikage
Aki Mikage
tooya of Ayashi no Ceres
Ryuma Echizen
Belldandy of Ah! My Goddess

May 1, 2011 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
SHARINGAN

Kenshin Himura
Ligt Yagami
Kade Rukawa
Hanamichi Sakuragi
Aya Mikage
Aki Mikage
tooya of Ayashi no Ceres
Ryuma Echizen
Belldandy of Ah! My Goddess

Oct 28, 2011 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Geass with no doubt.
Nov 1, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
I think most posts here summed all what i wanted to say, but i still have one thing to add:

the most powerful and talented sharingan user: Madara Uchiha can still fall slave against a geass user depending on the person, if he fought Lelouch, he needs not to look at him in the eyes to defeat him (which is extremely easy) but once he resorted into using his sharingan Lelouch might have already predicted this (should he have prior knowledge on the power of Sharingan) and could simply say "shine! (Die)" and Madara would kill himself instantly. if he fought Rolo, unless he uses a clone to take him out there's no way he can evade Rolo's simple deadly attack once he's caught frozen in time for 5 seconds which is enough time for Rolo to finish him. or if he's fighting C.C, VV or Marianne he can stab her many times or even send her into another dimension as he desires but their existence won't vanish. Charles and Mao would fall easily to him though given their Geass' capability
Jan 9, 2013 4:12 PM

Nov 2011
of course sharingan without a doubt people are confusing comparing eyes with comparing animes;sharingan has the ability to controml people but unlike geass that doesnt sum it up a sharingan user has ninjetsu plus taijutsu plus to an eternal mangekyo sharingan a geass won't have any effect since it's the specialty of sharingan to do hypnotising
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Jan 24, 2014 1:05 PM
May 2012
Sharingan have much more power in controlling the mental state of the opponent than any Geass could ever be, not to mention Sharingan's offensive abilities. For instance, any Geass' ability requires direct eye contact whereas Sharingan do not. Let's consider Itachi versus Lelouch, looking directly into eyes. Lelouch would be incinerated to ashses before he could utter a word of command even if he had managed to cast Geass on Itachi. In addition, Genjutsu don't require looking in the eye at all except for some special powerful types.

Besides, Geass users are all wimps. Sharingan wielders have unparalleled physical abilities and ninjutsu. They have shawdow clones, substitution, ect. Indeed, there's no need for Sharingan at all for a ninja to beat any Geass user. Ninja are faster than eyes could see. They could get behind you any second and you're done. If I was ninja, I'd send out 3 clones, and that'd be enough to rape all those wimpy effeminate Geass dudes.

You think Lolo can kill Madara in 5 seconds? Screw that. A clone of Madara is enough to bring down the entire Britannia.

Actually, ninja don't even need genjutsu nor Sharingan to rape those Geass clown. Anyone from Code Geass would have a knife stuck in their throat before they know it.
primacyJan 24, 2014 1:23 PM
Nov 4, 2014 1:28 PM
Jun 2013
Sharingan can easily mind control: Those who have watched Naruto, know Shisui and Kotoamatsukami.

Lelouch's Geass: too restricted.
Jun 26, 2015 4:34 AM
Jun 2015
Ouuchhh... some post "geass unless high lvl sharingan" in the end.. it's still the sharingan. Intstant mind control of some geass, kotoamatsukami of shisui.. but a sharingan bearer could counter this mind control thingy. The massive thing about sharingan is that it can shift from an ability in an instant. What to do about a susanoo that if sliced you will put you in oblivion till the end of time.

All hail the Divine Illusionary of the Underworld, Uchiha Itachi.

#divineSin
DivineSinJun 26, 2015 4:38 AM
Sep 4, 2016 6:29 AM
Sep 2016
When You think about it you cant activate geass instantly but with sharingan can and if u have them under a genjutsu then they wont have direct eye contact with you but that would also depend on whether we are talking about the controlling geass or any other kinds...
Apr 21, 2017 4:52 PM
Apr 2017
Itachi could use tsukiyomi with his finger and not his eyes therefore tsukiyomi can be used quicker than lelouch could use his power making the sharingan more effective at the geass' only ability. You could argue there's more than one geass but lelouch had the strongest out of all of them
Feb 12, 2018 7:31 AM
Aug 2017
IntoDEV said:
Geass :)

i would like to have geass in one eye, sharingan in other...and byakugan..hmm. maybe in my ass...well it is 360 XD

Nov 18, 2019 12:34 AM
Nov 2019
In my opinion, I believe Sharingan is better however it comes with a harsh toll. But possessing Sharingan can make you do many things. Such as trapping someone in a genjutsu (illusion) escaping the genjutsu is impossible. But geass is more popular such as commanding someone or reading someone else mind and erasing someone's memory. (Which is kind of pointless compared to the powers of the sharingan)

Sharingan has also very powerful jutsu "Izanagi" and "Izanami".

Izanagi; is a genjutsu that is a cast the user instead of others. When the user receives a lethal blow he/she will automatically fade away before returning back to reality physically real and unscathed.

(Example; Lelouch commands itachi or sasuke (six tomoe sharinnegan) to kill himself it automatically fade away and returns physically real and unharmed).

Izanami; The Izanami is one of the Uchiha Clan's Ultimate Jutsu. To activate the technique the user chooses random moment over and over until the opponent is under the izanami's control

Here’s an example let’s say the guy you were fighting kicked a rock away with his foot.
To activate the Izanami, you have to remember and replicate that moment.

You can choose more than one moment to better your chances of activating the technique but only one is required.

If you’re able to pull this technique of on your opponent your opponent will replay the moment or moments that you chose and replicated over and over inside of their mind.

The Izanami is literally a god technique.
It’s really hard to escape from the Izanami. Even if you realize you’re under the izanami’s control and do different things you can’t escape.

The only way to escape the Izanami is to accept your fate how you do that I have no idea about. Even if the caster should die the opponent would still be trapped inside of the Izanami.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who is the better strategist? Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Light Yagami ( 1 2 )

madskizzles - Jul 29, 2009

53 by 0__Raven__0 »»
May 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Is Kira/Light's view of the world correct or is killing of criminals wrong?

aznHoopsfan - Nov 28, 2009

45 by MATTY_22 »»
Jun 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who's more psycho? Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Lucy (Elfen Lied)?

aznHoopsfan - Sep 18, 2009

39 by toothless1504 »»
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which is better? Girls with guns or guys with swords? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Nov 6, 2009

59 by Menchrese »»
Oct 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which series was more twisted? Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni vs. School Days

aznHoopsfan - Aug 7, 2009

32 by frequency15k »»
Apr 7, 2015 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.