Forum Settings
Forums

Stop Allowing Everyone To Write Reviews

New
Mar 15, 2023 12:55 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
I think making it a pay to use feature is better maybe then we wouldn’t get so much weird, stupid and bait reviews, plus lots of the time fans think they know what they are doing which they don’t, some people are already paying monthly just make it so not everyone can post reviews, like I’ve seen people post reviews full of hate no actual good reasons and no actual good points on why it’s bad etc, it obviously wouldn’t stop all the nonsense reviews but aye at least not everyone can bait and do nonsense on the site 

Mar 15, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2020
Lol then we would just pay and put bait and hate reviews, useless feature too since this a site for everyone not some fucking paywall skill issue, we just need to fix the review system and mods deleting the good reviews rather than the blatant hate reviews.
Mar 15, 2023 1:32 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Sethispr said:
Lol then we would just pay and put bait and hate reviews, useless feature too since this a site for everyone not some fucking paywall skill issue, we just need to fix the review system and mods deleting the good reviews rather than the blatant hate reviews.

I don’t know I just feel like something should be done with the review system on this site, it’s a massive site with lots of users and some users abusive the platform like crazy hence why I myself don’t even take reviews seriously no more cuz but I’ve seen lots of agreements stem from reviews and people writing reviews just out of hate which doesn’t really identify why the so called series is bad

Mar 15, 2023 2:02 PM

Oct 2018
First confusing and funny votes should not contribute to review being on top. This is promoting baits and hides better reviews.
Mar 15, 2023 2:50 PM

Dec 2022
Money has nothing to do with making a quality review.

May paid reviews never come to pass.
Mar 15, 2023 8:12 PM

Feb 2019
This will naught make a difference. Most of the "top" reviewers on this site can barely writer better than an elementary school kid.
Mar 15, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2020
reviews are great if it's some series with 500 members that no ones heard of all this would do is make less reviews get written on mal
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Mar 16, 2023 12:14 AM

Sep 2010
Bro got so mad over a review that he wants to paywall it now lmao. The solution would be to have properly working downvote options and while we are at it also ban all the abusive mods that make the feature unusable. Until then just stop using reviews and let it die so MAL realizes that they fucked up. Don't give them more money for this abomination they created.
Mar 16, 2023 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
Nah I feel like the good thing about MAL reviews is that it isn't a subsection of 'elite journalists' so that you actually get a decent idea of a realistic opinion of an anime. Looking at the state of game reviews most professional reviewers barely play video games in their spare time and I wouldn't want the same for MAL. Why put an unnecessary paywall on something that doesn't need it? I think the reviews are fine as is.
Mar 16, 2023 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
The reviews system is flawed, but I don't think locking it behind paywall is a good idea. The thing great about MAL and many other Internet communities gathered around certain types of entertainment is that everyone can share their own opinion. Sure, there might be troll reviews, as well as very professionally written ones, or simply mediocre reviews resembling more of opinions. But everyone can participate in it and share their thoughts.

Instead, I'd rather make certain emoji reactions - if it is unlikely to resign from the whole system - neutral towards "bumping" reviews. No upvoting, and no downvoting (I wonder if there will ever be a return to this concept here?), just reacting without any effect on a review's placement on the list. "Confusing" and "Funny" reactions should be treated that way.

More topics from this board

» Include Official English Title Below Japanese Title in Lists

CommanderEverest - 5 hours ago

2 by CommanderEverest »»
1 hour ago

» Catastrophic Necromancer

dovahkiindovah - May 16

3 by machy871 »»
May 16, 12:21 PM

» castlevania

thiagoLkirschner - Sep 20, 2022

2 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 16, 7:42 AM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

11 by Rhae »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» Are there any plans to revamp mal on mobile?

Akuya - May 10

3 by unpocolocoMe »»
May 15, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.