Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 23, 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
if this doesn't win the Crunchyroll Anime of the Year award, then i would lose all hope in the newer anime community. this is a work of art; this show deserves everything and even more. i really hope it wins the CR AOTY award!!!!1!!!1
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 10:25 PM

Jul 2015
People need to stop pretending like those CR awards hold any significance whatsoever.
PiromyslJan 25, 4:59 AM

Jan 23, 10:30 PM
Dec 2022
even if it doesn't win, its still gonna be one of the best modern animes. the award doesn't decide if it's good or not. its just a way for people to back up their ideologies.
Jan 23, 10:32 PM
Dec 2020
Peakland Saga should win the AOTY award.

Also, people's grudge towards Oshi no Ko is so forced. It's also very low to praise certain shows by hating an other show you don't like.
Jan 23, 10:47 PM
Sep 2019
Vinland Saga should absolutely win but Oshi no Ko is also excellent, come on now
Jan 23, 10:55 PM
Sep 2020
Too bad that mid JJK anime will win. I am okay if other anime win especially Vinland saga. But if that overatted JJK win, I don't know what to say anymore
Jan 23, 10:56 PM
Sep 2020
mafiahairspy said:
Vinland Saga should absolutely win but Oshi no Ko is also excellent, come on now

Agree. If Vinland doesn't win I hope Oshi no ko win.
Jan 23, 11:23 PM
Nov 2022
As Jjk has Gained so much popularity, it's so difficult to get AOTY award
But It Definitely should win Best MC award
and if possible Cinematography
Jan 23, 11:43 PM
May 2021
the newer community is already wasted
no one cares about these awards
Jan 23, 11:48 PM
Mar 2021
mafiahairspy said:

Onk better than vinland??😂 maybe for u but comparing a sol, mystery show with an already acclaimed seinen series is kinda wild to me especially when we only hv s1 of Onk
Jan 23, 11:59 PM
Sep 2019
Uruichi said:
mafiahairspy said:

Onk better than vinland??😂 maybe for u but comparing a sol, mystery show with an already acclaimed seinen series is kinda wild to me especially when we only hv s1 of Onk

I literally said "Vinland Saga should absolutely win", it's an all-time favorite of mine. I'm just saying OnK is great, not saying it's on the same level.
Jan 24, 12:11 AM
Apr 2021
I think Vinland Saga S2 is definitely deserving of the award. Though, the CR awards are basically a popularity contest, so it’ll prob take the L 😪..

I hope, at least, Thorfinn wins best main character, since he has no enemies.
Jan 24, 12:25 AM
Mar 2021
mafiahairspy said:
Uruichi said:

I literally said "Vinland Saga should absolutely win", it's an all-time favorite of mine. I'm just saying OnK is great, not saying it's on the same level.

Oh okay guess I misunderstood my bad
Jan 24, 12:29 AM
Mar 2021
NarukamiKenji said:
if this doesn't win the Crunchyroll Anime of the Year award, then i would lose all hope in the newer anime community. this is a work of art; this show deserves everything and even more. i really hope it wins the CR AOTY award!!!!1!!!1

Tbh I couldn’t care less about the cr award it has and always was a popularity contest for cr to advertise their titles for a larger audience, even if it doesn’t win vinland will still be one of my favourites competing with likes of berserk and vagabond which I consider masterpieces.
Jan 24, 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
its a popularity contest so whoever is most popular wins anyway
Jan 24, 2:20 AM
Dec 2022
Tbh, I love all the anime in this category but I'd really love for Vinland Saga to win the award.
Jan 24, 2:20 AM
Dec 2022
Tbh, I love all the anime in this category but I'd really love for Vinland Saga to win the award.
Jan 24, 4:42 AM
Feb 2022
Touch some grass bro
Is Chainsaw Man overrated or just overhyped? 
Jan 24, 5:25 AM
Oct 2023
Ilhan391 said:
Too bad that mid JJK anime will win. I am okay if other anime win especially Vinland saga. But if that overatted JJK win, I don't know what to say anymore

broski didnt watch it☠️
Jan 24, 5:25 AM
Oct 2023
Ilhan391 said:

broski didnt watch it☠️
Jan 24, 5:29 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

broski didnt watch it☠️

the first 5 eps really boring bro. Can't get myself to watch the rest
Jan 24, 5:31 AM
Oct 2023
Ilhan391 said:
Aer0_eu said:

broski didnt watch it☠️

then idk how vinland wasnt boring for u
Jan 24, 5:37 AM

Sep 2018
We? Are we living vicariously through the anime staff now? XD The anime was pretty good, I get it lol
Jan 24, 5:54 AM
Dec 2021
bro demon slayer was nominated. it means nothing if the competition is a joke.
Jan 24, 6:09 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime
Jan 24, 6:11 AM
Oct 2023
Ilhan391 said:
Aer0_eu said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime

yes season 2 really wasnt action packed or anything that gets u hyped up. dont get me wrong the writing is absolutely fantastic but saying that vinland was super excited to watch is a insane reach
Jan 24, 6:11 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime. S2 is what makes Vinland a better series. If it just S1 of Vinland then it just typical fighting show
Jan 24, 6:12 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime. S2 is what makes Vinland a better series. If it just S1 of Vinland then it just typical fighting show

Jan 2021
Vinland Saga is a masterpiece without a doubt in my opinion. However, it’s got some serous competition. Even if it doesn’t win, it’s still a magnificent series.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Jan 24, 6:13 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime. S2 is what makes Vinland a better series. If it just S1 of Vinland then it just another typical fighting show
Jan 24, 6:14 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Ilhan391
Aer0_eu said:
Ilhan391 said:

Vinland boring???? are you kidding me? It was one of the best show I've ever seen. Unique and fresh not just another anime that just recycle the idea of old anime. S2 is what makes Vinland a better series. If it just S1 of Vinland then it just another typical fighting show
@Ilhan391 why send it 6 times? 😭
Jan 24, 6:16 AM
Sep 2020
Aer0_eu said:
@Ilhan391 why send it 6 times? 😭

my internet problem😅😅
Jan 24, 6:27 AM
Apr 2023
I'd be happy with bocchi winning. but absolutely not jjk
Jan 24, 6:28 AM
Apr 2023
I'd be happy with bocchi winning. but absolutely not jjk
Jan 24, 8:33 AM
Jun 2021
does it deserve it? yes 100%

but i don’t mind it if doesn’t win because that experience watching it was amazing and an award didn’t make it
Jan 24, 9:50 AM
Mar 2021
NarukamiKenji said:

Respectfully, it's great that you're invested in the awards show and all but I don't think a single sane person who watched vinland s2 needs to see it get an award to be sure that its the best of the year.
Jan 24, 1:01 PM
Aug 2019
Eh, idk, I think the adaptation could have been better, not that it isn’t good.

Also, the “I have no enemies” message doesn’t have the weight it had when Thors introduced it in season 1. Not only because it is put forward a second time, it also feels less compelling as a guiding message for life (season 2) than as an idealistic moral compass that everyone should follow … but can’t because the world around them punishes them for it (season 1). It was just far more interesting before.
Jan 24, 1:55 PM
Jun 2020
I don't even really get into all the little intricacies on each show to where I commonly make offhand remarks on Animation, characters, music... so these awards aren't for me. I only browsed through a page or two, but even the candidates for most of the categories I got to see were a long way off from anything od try to nominate as best of. to be fair I only really glimpsed the music entries, and I've never once just popped off like "wow that Ed or OP is just amazing" or "the music was horrid". But there were certainly some intro outros that got me bobbin to the point I actually watched them. I'm more of skip all intros and outros kinda person, but this season was alright. they just didn't get nominated
Jan 24, 3:54 PM

Apr 2022
nah adaptation wasn't that great, felt like a drag. you seem to be obsessed with winning it though so whatever.
Jan 24, 7:05 PM
Dec 2022
Ilhan391 said:

agree with u there jjk is overrated and Vinland saga should win
Jan 24, 7:10 PM

Apr 2021
i seriously doubt it tbh, i would be shocked if it wins. Those awards are a popularity contest, the anime with most votes wins, jjk fandom is bigger than all the other nominees including vinland saga.
Jan 25, 3:57 AM
Aug 2022
Piromysl said:
People need to stop pretending like those CR hold any significance whatsoever.

tru (character limit)
Jan 25, 4:58 AM
May 2022
Piromysl said:
People need to stop pretending like those CR hold any significance whatsoever.

They don’t but i’d love to see Vinland Saga get something.
Jan 25, 5:16 PM
Jul 2023
Piromysl said:
People need to stop pretending like those CR awards hold any significance whatsoever.

It gives us an edge when we argue with our discord chats
Jan 30, 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
these awards are popularity contest, so it doesn't matter tbh
Jan 31, 10:10 PM
Sep 2018
it does not need to win anime of the year imo. but if thorfinn doesnt get best mc m, then all those eren Fans (he'll probably win I think) will have me as their enemy
Jan 31, 10:11 PM
Sep 2018
TheCupSlammer said:

how demon slayer is being so highly rated These days will always remain a mystery to me
Jan 31, 10:17 PM
Dec 2021
gazelle2580 said:
TheCupSlammer said:

how demon slayer is being so highly rated These days will always remain a mystery to me

i have no problem with people rating demon slayer highly because the majority of the time it looks absolutly fantastic, and that cant be ignored. however for a show to be truely great it needs to have a strong story, which is often lacking in ds. i think the main reason it struggles there is coz it spends barely any time building backstorys for its characters before they end up in conflict with the exception on tanjiro. like if u only tell me why i should care abt a character after they ded it literally doesnt matter what their story is im just not gonna care.

tldr; its highly rated coz ooo cool fight scene my eyes are pleased
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

284 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

379 by __Klavier__ »»
Apr 30, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.