Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 17, 3:51 PM
Apr 2020
Here are the categories in which Vinland Saga S2 was nominated for:

1. Anime of the Year
  2. Best Continuing Series
  3. Best Cinematography (Yuki Kawashita, Hisashi Matsumuko)
  4. Best Drama
  5. Best Main Character (Thorfinn)
Jan 17, 3:58 PM
Apr 2020
Other categories I would've liked to see VS S2 nominated in:
- Best Character Design (Takahiko Abiru)
- Best Director (Shuhei Yabuta)
- Best Art Direction (Yusuke Takeda)
- Best Supporting Character (Einar, Canute, or Arnheid)
- Best Anime Song (River, Without Love, Paradox, or Ember)
- Best Score (Yutaka Yamada)
- Best Opening Sequence (River or Paradox)
- Best Ending Sequence (Without Love or Ember)
- Best Voice Artist Performance (Japanese) - Yuto Uemura as Thorfinn
- Best Voice Artist Performance (English) - Aleks Le as Thorfinn
Jan 17, 4:06 PM
Mar 2022
Cinematography and Continuing Series are difficult because Heavenly Delusion and One Piece exist, respectively. Here's hoping people keep this season in mind and Vinland deservedly gets the rest.

Shame about all the music-related awards though. River should have gotten at least one.
Jan 17, 4:43 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
I agree with all your other should be nominations, but sadly Vinland isn’t on the scale of a JJK or Demon Slayer that would be put into virtually every single category. Can i just say tho, how silly it is for Abby Trott (Nezuko’s English VA) to have been nominated? That’s honestly so funny to me, were there seriously 0 other nominations that could’ve been made over the person that speaks for less than 5 minutes if that? Not to take away all the grunts and muffled “hrrrmmmm’s” and such. All that to say, the awards are goofy as a whole, and one can only hope for an upset like Cyberpunk was last for AOTY.
Jan 17, 7:35 PM
Nov 2022
Atleast Vinland Saga has to win Best Character and Cinematography ( difficult choices )
Jan 18, 12:37 AM
Mar 2021
it has hard competition in every single category

the one i think deserves the most is aoty but i think jjk will take it due to fanboys

In terms of the best drama it has high competition with aot and in best mc it has completion from mob and eren
Khushal_vJan 18, 12:40 AM
Jan 18, 3:19 AM
Dec 2015
Can we please prevent Jujutsu Kaisen from winning Best Anime? We know Vinland deserves it far more. Superior writing + positive contribution to readers/viewers' lives if I may say so myself. Idk, I'd be gutted if JJK or AOT win it over this.
Jan 18, 8:12 AM
Apr 2017
if vinland saga s2 doesn’t win AT LEAST once, there’s no hope left for humanity
Jan 19, 6:14 PM
Aug 2012
Otaku_4511 said:
Can we please prevent Jujutsu Kaisen from winning Best Anime? We know Vinland deserves it far more. Superior writing + positive contribution to readers/viewers' lives if I may say so myself. Idk, I'd be gutted if JJK or AOT win it over this.

Yeah I watched the new season of jjk and while it was good definitely think it might be overrated. Vinland Season 2 was actually life changing. Not even being hyperbolic here, it changed my way of thinking.
Jan 20, 8:12 PM
Aug 2022
I havnt watched a lot of anime this year but I did watch this. If VS2 gets any of these then anime must be in a really bad spot. Because this season was very underwhelming. It doesn't even come close to season 1. Far too much time spent on introspective dream like sequences. Far too much time spent on Gardar and his wife. Episode upon episode wasted on them. Canute barely gets any screen time. They rush it all in at the end and do a time-lapse of him disbanding his army. Very lame. The art was good but nothing spectacular. The o/e doesn't compare to season 1.

Lastly it's way way way to early in the series for Throfinn to dedicate himself to pacifism. No way that vow isn't broken over and over again.

Sorry, had to to rant. Just ignore me.
Jan 21, 2:26 PM
Jan 2021
It was my choice for anime of the year!!!
Jan 21, 2:28 PM
Jan 2021
It was my choice for anime of the year!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » we getting that award fr ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 23

53 by FruitPunchBaka »»
Yesterday, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

370 by ebobota »»
May 10, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

488 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:09 AM

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

45 by LargeSkittle »»
May 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

284 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.