Forum Settings
Forums

'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Gets 2nd Season

New
Dec 24, 2023 6:32 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A second season for the Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo (The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You) television anime was announced following the airing of its 12th and final episode on Sunday. The official website simultaneously posted an announcement promo and a commemorative illustration by character designer Akane Yano (pictured).

The anime series produced by Bibury Animation Studios began airing on October 8. Crunchyroll simulcast the show with subtitles and subsequently began streaming an English dub.

Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo, also known as Hyakkano, adapts Rikito Nakamura and Yukiko Nozawa's comedy harem manga, which she launched in Young Jump magazine in December 2019. Shueisha published the 16th volume on November 17. Hyakkano has a cumulative 1.65 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English under its Ghost Ship imprint in July 2021. The eighth volume went on sale on December 5, with the ninth volume planned for a March 12 release.

Synopsis
Rentarou Aijou has it all: looks, intelligence, athletic skill, and popularity with peers and mentors alike. Unfortunately, none of these qualities help Rentarou with his love life. On the day of his middle school graduation, he is once again turned down by a girl he confesses to, earning his one-hundredth rejection in a row. Down on his luck, he goes to a matchmaking shrine and wishes to finally get a girlfriend in high school.

When the god of the shrine suddenly appears before him, Rentarou is told he will meet an astronomical total of one hundred soulmates in high school. Though Rentarou initially does not take this foretelling seriously, his doubts disappear when, on the first day of school, he meets two of these soulmates—Hakari Hanazono and Karane Inda—who both confess to him. With fated encounters and love confessions galore, Rentarou's life is about to get a lot more exciting. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement PV

Official site: https://hyakkano.com/
Official Twitter: @hyakkano_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotDec 24, 2023 11:02 AM

Dec 24, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
No surprises here, the rate at which shows have been getting sequels latety is truly astounding, just shows how much the anime industry has grown in the past few years, not just domestically but also internationally.
Dec 24, 2023 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Strike while it's hot! Can't wait to see maid girlfriend!

Dec 24, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Piromysl
Strike while it's hot! Can't wait to see maid girlfriend!
@Piromysl yes her and the other one with the hood and bag of food which i forgot her name
Dec 24, 2023 7:39 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Elior21
@Piromysl yes her and the other one with the hood and bag of food which i forgot her name
LETSSS GOOOO so happy we are getting S2 😍
Hope we get more seasons 😁
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Dec 24, 2023 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MadanielFL
No surprises here, the rate at which shows have been getting sequels latety is truly astounding, just shows how much the anime industry has grown in the past few years, not just domestically but also internationally.
@MadanielFL I wonder if it will be possible to predict now that this show will break records for sequels among purely harem and romance shows? I don’t remember the current number of girls from the manga, but 3-4 seasons are clearly not enough for them to even reach the current one.
Dec 24, 2023 8:42 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL That's called oversaturation and quantity over quality.
Dec 24, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2021
So damn happy that the leaks were true . LET'S GO!!!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 24, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
That's called oversaturation and quantity over quality.
You could also say that, but with quantity also comes quality and with more money comes higher quality productions...
Dec 24, 2023 9:35 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL true
Dec 24, 2023 10:28 AM

May 2021
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Ionliosite2 Sorry but how can you say that as a Fate fan .
''That's called oversaturation and quantity over quality.'' I am afraid that's a you problem and that's not how capitalism works . If anime get more seasons it means they were successful and doesn't matter how much we whine .
YubisoftDec 24, 2023 10:39 AM

Dec 24, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
It's sad when only this garbage harems get more seasons
Dec 24, 2023 10:34 AM

May 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL Yes you are right but not entirely . The anime industry has certainly grown over the past years but it has nothing to do with the fact that studios greenlight new seasons. Studios are not charities so if there is no profit(and I am talking about earnings from sponsors , blu ray & merchandise sales etc)aka they are not successful , they won't make sequel or prequels for an anime. It will eternally stay as an one season anime etc.

Dec 24, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to tragedydesu
@tragedydesu i wouldn't say this one is garbage. this one is parody with absurd premise and comedy
Dec 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@MadanielFL I wonder if it will be possible to predict now that this show will break records for sequels among purely harem and romance shows? I don’t remember the current number of girls from the manga, but 3-4 seasons are clearly not enough for them to even reach the current one.
@RobertBobert in todays episode they tease up with 6 new girls for season 2 and consider the number right now in the source is above 20 then you right 3 seasons isnt enough
Dec 24, 2023 10:42 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@Ionliosite2 Sorry but how can you say that as a Fate fan .
''That's called oversaturation and quantity over quality.'' I am afraid that's a you problem and that's not how capitalism works . If anime get more seasons it means they were successful and doesn't matter how much we whine .
@Yubisoft Yes, Fate completely oversaturated itself until all quality was gone, that series is long dead and pulls out nothing but low quality shit nowadays. Thanks for understanding my example.
Dec 24, 2023 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Elior21
@RobertBobert in todays episode they tease up with 6 new girls for season 2 and consider the number right now in the source is above 20 then you right 3 seasons isnt enough
@Elior21 Are they unironically going to give the MC an extra harem with every cour? Man, this show is trying to become legendary not only as a harem, but as a parody of harems too.
Dec 24, 2023 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Yubisoft Yes, Fate completely oversaturated itself until all quality was gone, that series is long dead and pulls out nothing but low quality shit nowadays. Thanks for understanding my example.
@Ionliosite2 How long ago do you define “long ago”? I settled on Apocrypha and UBW, trying to move on with the spin-offs/film series and about halfway through rewatching the first version of the first State Night.
Dec 24, 2023 10:49 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Elior21 Are they unironically going to give the MC an extra harem with every cour? Man, this show is trying to become legendary not only as a harem, but as a parody of harems too.
@RobertBobert They can also make movies or OVA to solve the problem of the number of girlfriends . No need to make so many season (but I will have zero problems if they make many season)

RobertBobert said:
Man, this show is trying to become legendary not only as a harem, but as a parody of harems too.

Yes this is the exact reason why it so successful both the anime & manga .

Dec 24, 2023 10:49 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Elior21
@tragedydesu i wouldn't say this one is garbage. this one is parody with absurd premise and comedy
@Elior21 it reminds me a little of the situation with ReZero and KonoSuba, where people complained about their isekai status, completely forgetting that both shows are completely built on criticizing and parodying the genre. However, due to the irony of planning, they appeared earlier than those works that were criticized and in the end really became the reason for the hype for them.
Dec 24, 2023 10:51 AM
May 2020
Reply to Marcus5768
LETSSS GOOOO so happy we are getting S2 😍
Hope we get more seasons 😁
@Marcus5768 I was surprised we even got a season 2 to be honest. The costs of having to hire 10+ voice actors to voice main characters and having that number go up for at least 4 every season are probably rather high and quite a absurd proposition.
Dec 24, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert They can also make movies or OVA to solve the problem of the number of girlfriends . No need to make so many season (but I will have zero problems if they make many season)

RobertBobert said:
Man, this show is trying to become legendary not only as a harem, but as a parody of harems too.

Yes this is the exact reason why it so successful both the anime & manga .
@Yubisoft I don’t know what kind of merch this show/manga has or if it even exists, but if it is used correctly, the author and the company can become millionaires. This is literally IMAS without idols and with an actual harem of girls with MCs.
Dec 24, 2023 10:52 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert yes and what the best they not afraid to break any morality out there with the girlfriends ages as indicated by the sixth one in this season
Dec 24, 2023 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Elior21
@RobertBobert yes and what the best they not afraid to break any morality out there with the girlfriends ages as indicated by the sixth one in this season
@Elior21 Well, with their number of love interests, they will have to try all the archetypes and situations at some point anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the MC gets an otokonoko or just a non-binary love interest
Dec 24, 2023 11:03 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to DiabloAwesome
@Marcus5768 I was surprised we even got a season 2 to be honest. The costs of having to hire 10+ voice actors to voice main characters and having that number go up for at least 4 every season are probably rather high and quite a absurd proposition.
@DiabloAwesome seiyuu are paid by number of EP in with seniority so if anything it's Hahari who will get the jackpot because she literally a problem solvers post her arc.
Dec 24, 2023 11:59 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@Elior21 Well, with their number of love interests, they will have to try all the archetypes and situations at some point anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the MC gets an otokonoko or just a non-binary love interest
@RobertBobert hahari was fine in terms of age but they will take a very big risk of they will bring a girlfriend that going to be older then her since it too much gap in age
Dec 24, 2023 12:22 PM
Nov 2023
I will be looking forward to season 2 of this anime. The story is very entertaining, and funny. Absolutely the best romcom in my opinion.
Dec 24, 2023 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Don't know why it's call season 2 instead of Cour 2. Wasn't already planned.

Rant aside: Can't wait to binge this one. Lovved the manga

Dec 24, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2013
Honestly they could have announced this before s1 aired and I wouldnt have been surprised. Might as well announce s3 or s4 now.

I dunno thats the real question.
Dec 24, 2023 7:01 PM
Aug 2021
One of the best harem out there! Hip hip hooray!! This series deserve this!
Dec 24, 2023 8:08 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Ionliosite2 God forbid this industry for not staying the same one that used to produce 50 new anime series per season and only give a 2nd season to 2 or 4 of them, truly the best years lol
Dec 25, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to tragedydesu
@tragedydesu
There are better harem anime out there,but they dont exist this generation

Still better than most harems.

Dec 25, 2023 6:04 AM

Oct 2017
That announcement visual is really hilarious and wholesome at the same time.
Dec 25, 2023 7:04 AM
Feb 2020
Man I can't wait ..I want to see how rentarou handle all of his girlfriends
Dec 25, 2023 9:50 AM

Jan 2021
The second season was earned this was a incredibly enjoyable harem anime.
Dec 25, 2023 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
Reply to Elior21
@RobertBobert hahari was fine in terms of age but they will take a very big risk of they will bring a girlfriend that going to be older then her since it too much gap in age
@Elior21 If we have to bring morality into this Hahari is absolutely NOT fine because Rentarou is a minor and she is 16 whole years older. She is absolutely not escaping the allegations.

And no there is really no risk because no serious person tried to cancel the manga and was successful.

Jan 1, 12:06 AM
May 2021
i can't wait for it either! i think i've read about 40 chapters and its always enticing to know more idk why but it's fun
Jan 17, 10:06 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to ssjokg
@Elior21 If we have to bring morality into this Hahari is absolutely NOT fine because Rentarou is a minor and she is 16 whole years older. She is absolutely not escaping the allegations.

And no there is really no risk because no serious person tried to cancel the manga and was successful.

@ssjokg Rentaro is 16 years old so they are fine. Stop bringing in the laws of your country that no one cares about.
DatGuyReduxJan 17, 10:14 AM

More topics from this board

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by _Ako_ »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
6 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

3 by Swagernator »»
10 hours ago

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.