Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2022 7:12 AM

Mar 2013
After a successful animation of the first season, of course, we need a sequel...
(Yes, for those like me, I could call it a successful enough series... with BS)
I am one of those who truly enjoyed the first season to its fullest, I think of rewatching the first season again to fully enjoy it again...
What are your thoughts?

P.S. The supporting characters also did their best to make this series wonderful in my eyes.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 21, 2022 7:21 AM

Nov 2013
That was fast lol. Not surprised it got second season. Nothing special, but still an enjoyable show.
Dec 21, 2022 7:40 AM
Feb 2020
100% absolutely deserved

this anime went so hard
Dec 21, 2022 8:14 AM

Jul 2021
best news i've gotten whole day.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 21, 2022 8:31 AM
May 2021
yes 🔥🔥 I really needed a season 2!!
Dec 21, 2022 8:34 AM
Aug 2018
I haven't watch any episode because waiting until complete but s2 already comes up
Dec 21, 2022 8:37 AM

Aug 2018
I havent seen it because it looks pretty mid. But having a second season makes even mediocre anime seem a little bit less like a waste of time so maybe I'll check it out.
Dec 21, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
Yess! That's the best thing i saw today
Roxy

Dec 21, 2022 9:00 AM

Sep 2020
epidemia78 said:
I havent seen it because it looks pretty mid. But having a second season makes even mediocre anime seem a little bit less like a waste of time so maybe I'll check it out.

The show isn’t groundbreaking in terms of story. But our main characters are very entertaining and keep us watching. I recommend giving it a few episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2022 9:08 AM
Jan 2017
epidemia78 said:

What you have to ask yourself, do you like the design of the Cat Girl on the Cover? If your answer is "Yes, that's all that I need" well then you might enjoy the show, because there is nothing really to it.
No Story, no Worldbuilding, no Character development, etc. So if all you need is a cute cat girl to enjoy an anime, then it is probably good. Otherwise... not really.
NinoDDDec 21, 2022 9:14 AM
Dec 21, 2022 9:26 AM

Feb 2020
This is so awesome! Fran is such a cutie pie. :3 I really like her and Shishou's wholesome relationship.

Dec 21, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2018
So happy this is coming! I know isekai shows and fantasy shows are a dime a dozen and some fall by the wayside, but this one deserved a chance at a second season. As long as it's not Promised Neverland S2, I'll be happy this is coming! :)
Dec 21, 2022 11:00 AM
Jan 2021
Season one left of in the middle of the second light novel. I have the first 10 and they are all over 400 pages.
Dec 21, 2022 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
Yay one of my all time favorite anime is getting a season 2 awesome sauce
Dec 21, 2022 11:05 AM

Mar 2018
if this bullshit seriously gets a s2 before grimgar and goblin slayer, the anime industry is finished
hello hello
Dec 21, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2022
TopshyK said:
Season one left of in the middle of the second light novel. I have the first 10 and they are all over 400 pages.

400 pages each? That's some respectable heft - the animation has made me curious of the LN - may be a good one to check out.
Dec 21, 2022 11:17 AM
Jan 2021
xxxpdx said:
TopshyK said:

400 pages each? That's some respectable heft - the animation has made me curious of the LN - may be a good one to check out.

Correction on myself they range from 350 to 460 but the average is around 375.
Vol2 is 445 and season one didn’t adapt past page 200
Dec 21, 2022 11:20 AM

Jul 2022
TopshyK said:
xxxpdx said:

Correction on myself they range from 350 to 460 but the average is around 375.
Vol2 is 445 and season one didn’t adapt past page 200

Right on - appreciate the correction. Still a nice average...
Dec 21, 2022 12:21 PM

Jul 2019
this studio man! or who ever decide these, i was also happy when they announced second season for Tsukimichi
Dec 21, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 2022
WE DID IT FAM!!! MORE FRAN AND TEACHER!
Dec 21, 2022 1:54 PM

Mar 2018
geastrum said:
Yay one of my all time favorite anime is getting a season 2 awesome sauce

Every week that I watched the new episode I wondered if there could possibly be someone who considers it one of their favorites and thought it had to be impossible, but here you are.
hello hello
Dec 21, 2022 2:30 PM
Oct 2022
yay i really enjoyed this, has its own feel to it hope for it be good/decent
Dec 21, 2022 5:45 PM

Mar 2022
Season 1 was enjoyable, I hope they continue building up on that and improve in Season 2.
Dec 21, 2022 6:43 PM

Jan 2018
What a beautiful day to be alive, I can't wait for more cute overpowered neko loli adventures
Dec 21, 2022 6:50 PM

Sep 2022
Another good thing to hear about today. I am not caught up since I have been busy but always nice to hear an anime like this already announcing a second season.

Dec 22, 2022 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
Great news!  
Demanding other (probably better) shows get 2nd seasons is not a reason to dump all over Fran & Friends, eh?  
Claiming there's no 'world building' glosses over the (you know) world building in it. It's a comedy-drama, not a documentary. Some things are better left ambiguous.  
Claiming there's no character development says that person hasn't watched past episode 01, maybe not far past the OP song even :p

It's fun but still serious. It's funny but has actual plot. It has Fran... case closed!
Dec 22, 2022 12:44 PM
Jan 2017
5Cats said:
Great news!  
Demanding other (probably better) shows get 2nd seasons is not a reason to dump all over Fran & Friends, eh?  
Claiming there's no 'world building' glosses over the (you know) world building in it. It's a comedy-drama, not a documentary. Some things are better left ambiguous.  
Claiming there's no character development says that person hasn't watched past episode 01, maybe not far past the OP song even :p

It's fun but still serious. It's funny but has actual plot. It has Fran... case closed!
It has World Building for like 5-10min if you put everything together, out of 4 hours that 12 Episodes take if you don't count intro and outro. 
And Fran's Character development is pretty much only existent in Ep 11 for like 1min tops. 
5Cats said:
It has Fran... case closed!
Pretty much confirms me, if all you need is Fran to have a good time, good for you. Saying there is world building or Character development... not so much.
Dec 22, 2022 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
" And Fran's Character development is pretty much only existent in Ep 11 for like 1min tops."    
" Saying there is world building or Character development... not so much."

I know more about their social systems, magic systems, economic and political systems than many other shows. It isn't even the point of the show, but it is nicely conveyed with a minimum of exposition.   
Fran goes from a helpless slave-girl to a bold fighting machine in a logical and not easy way. Sword may be somewhat one dimensional (and OP) but the rest of the characters are interesting and evolving.

Did you even watch the series? To claim Fran or even Amanda has no character development suggests you have not.  
Anyhow, why are your trolling a show you dislike? That speaks volumes as to the integrity & value of your opinion.   
Good day! We will all enjoy our show while you gnash your teeth. 😊 Bye!
Dec 22, 2022 9:53 PM
Jan 2017
Like I said, if all you need is Fran to enjoy the show, that cool. But saying that there is much more to, that there is lots of World Building and that all the Characters are evolving is just not true. 

Dec 26, 2022 2:00 PM

Mar 2022
the floating castle arc is amazing, can't wait to see it.
Jan 6, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2021
It's real and happening, oh yes. More adventures with Fran & Co.

Seems there's a lot of source material for them to work off of, hopefully the pacing is good in S2.
Jan 7, 2023 8:47 PM

Apr 2012
NinoDD said:
5Cats said:
Great news!  

It has World Building for like 5-10min if you put everything together, out of 4 hours that 12 Episodes take if you don't count intro and outro. 
And Fran's Character development is pretty much only existent in Ep 11 for like 1min tops. 
5Cats said:
It has Fran... case closed!
Pretty much confirms me, if all you need is Fran to have a good time, good for you. Saying there is world building or Character development... not so much.

We can always count on shit posters to talk garbage over anime they never bothered to pay attention to in the first place. This isn't Overlord, Log Horizon, Slime or Jobless where world building is important. Just a catgirl who was a former slave surviving with a sentient sword.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 7, 2023 11:55 PM
Jan 2017
Janethan23 said:
We can always count on shit posters to talk garbage over anime they never bothered to pay attention to in the first place.
mhm
Janethan23 said:
Just a catgirl who was a former slave surviving with a sentient sword.
But, Thanks for confirming me, by saying that it's just a Catgirl who was a former slave with a sentient sword. Because that's all that it is, there is nothing more to it.
Jan 12, 2023 12:16 AM

Apr 2019
NinoDD said:
epidemia78 said:

What you have to ask yourself, do you like the design of the Cat Girl on the Cover? If your answer is "Yes, that's all that I need" well then you might enjoy the show, because there is nothing really to it.
No Story, no Worldbuilding, no Character development, etc. So if all you need is a cute cat girl to enjoy an anime, then it is probably good. Otherwise... not really.
I have to disagree with you in the "No story" part, because it definitely has a story to tell. A story about a cat girl that has picked up a sentient sword, and that sword helps the cat girl to evolve and get stronger (this is a motivation that progresses the story) by going on an adventure with her (this is the method on how to achieve the goal). A really simple story that is really effective because on how it is presented and what the premise it is.

Also for the character development, hmm tbh Fran doesn't really need a character development because she doesn't age on this anime, it's fine that she is immature and childish, well acts on her age, she's okay for what she is for now.

Nothing groundbreaking and revolutionary but I think this is a good show and deserves a second season.
Feb 9, 2023 4:38 PM
Sep 2012
Just finished season 1, hoping season 2 comes soon, a very solid show that doesn't take itself too seriously and has good characters, story and pacing to boot. I just hope they get a little more budget to work with so they can do better CGI or go full drawn.
Apr 16, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
TopshyK said:

Are they translated?
Apr 16, 2023 3:34 PM
Jan 2021
biggsk said:
TopshyK said:

Are they translated?

Yes, volume 12 is available for preorder, but good luck finding vol. 5 in stock
Apr 17, 2023 5:47 AM
Mar 2015
TopshyK said:
biggsk said:

Are they translated?

Thanks!
When you say that, do you mean it just sells out quickly when it's printed, or they don't print it any longer?  And why volume 5 specifically? lol
Apr 17, 2023 6:24 AM
Jan 2021
biggsk said:
TopshyK said:

Thanks!
When you say that, do you mean it just sells out quickly when it's printed, or they don't print it any longer?  And why volume 5 specifically? lol

It was on back order when I ordered it on RightStuf last July, still hasn’t shipped and can’t find it in stock in other stores. RS shows they are expecting more copies so it doesn’t look to be out of print. There is an ebook of it but I prefer physical copies.
Apr 19, 2023 3:13 PM
Mar 2015
TopshyK said:
biggsk said:

Thanks!

It was on back order when I ordered it on RightStuf last July, still hasn’t shipped and can’t find it in stock in other stores. RS shows they are expecting more copies so it doesn’t look to be out of print. There is an ebook of it but I prefer physical copies.
Ahh ok, gotcha.  Thanks!
Yeah it's odd that that particular copy is experiencing that issue, lol.
Apr 19, 2023 3:26 PM
Jan 2021
biggsk said:
TopshyK said:

Ahh ok, gotcha.  Thanks!
Yeah it's odd that that particular copy is experiencing that issue, lol.

Other copies might be experiencing similar issues and I got lucky with those.
Aug 2, 2023 7:50 AM

Jun 2010
I can't wait for season 02!

More topics from this board

» Such a long wait...

DEP_NSFW - Mar 23

5 by Jixxor »»
Mar 31, 9:04 AM

» When can we expect this to air?

Mino_Hi - May 6, 2023

15 by Christophereasy »»
Mar 18, 2:05 AM

» they announced it

kaneki1231_ - Dec 21, 2022

4 by removed-user »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:02 AM

» Hype Thread

Magicmist - Dec 21, 2022

34 by MyGo »»
Jan 22, 2023 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.