Forum Settings
Forums

'NieR:Automata Ver1.1a' Announces Additional Cast

New
Oct 14, 2022 11:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the NieR:Automata Ver1.1a television anime revealed three additional cast, a new key visual (pictured), and a character promo for the Bunker on Saturday. The anime series adapting PlatinumGames and Square Enix's action role-playing game will begin airing in January 2023. The cast are reprising their roles from the video game.

Cast
Shirei-kan (Commander White): Chiaki Kanou (Mugen no Juunin: Immortal)
Operator 6O: Keiko Isobe (Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken)
Operator 21O: Mary Hatsumi (Joryuu Kishi no Haru live-action movie)

Ryouji Masuyama (Blend-S) is directing the anime series at A-1 Pictures. Masuyama is also in charge of the series composition alongside the video game's original creator Taro Yoko. Jun Nakai (Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo) is serving as both the character designer and chief animation director. MONACA (Summertime Render) is composing the music.

Developed by PlatinumGames, NieR:Automata was published by Square Enix on PlayStation 4 in Japan in February 2017, followed by North America and PAL countries in March that year. The game was also released on PC in the same month and on Xbox One in June 2018. The game serves as a sequel to the 2010 video game NieR—a spin-off to the Drakengard game series.

Character PV (Bunker ver.)

Source: Aniverse
VindstotOct 15, 2022 5:52 PM

Oct 14, 2022 11:16 PM

Jul 2015
Finally we don't need to go to The Hub or Iwara to see 2B properly animated. Nice.

Oct 14, 2022 11:24 PM

Jul 2021
the key visual looks pretty cool
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 14, 2022 11:33 PM
Aug 2021
may the universe be on our side.
Oct 15, 2022 1:58 AM

Apr 2022
"Robuts have feelings too!"

Can't wait. 2B best waifu pogchamp.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 15, 2022 6:19 AM

Jan 2009
2Booty subreddit will get more active once the anime airs
Oct 15, 2022 7:33 AM

Apr 2021
They should have made a sequel to the game instead of pouring money into this and Babylon’s fail.
Oct 15, 2022 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
Woodmann said:
They should have made a sequel instead of pouring money into this and Babylon’s fail.

anime is much cheaper to make though like 1 cour (13 episodes) is only 2 million US dollars compared to making Triple A Games that have a budget of hundreds of millions of US dollars
degOct 15, 2022 7:55 AM
Oct 15, 2022 7:54 AM

Apr 2021
deg said:
Woodmann said:
They should have made a sequel instead of pouring money into this and Babylon’s fail.

anime is much cheaper to make though like 1 cour (13 episodes) is only 2 million US dollars compared to making Triple A Games that have a budget of hundreds of millions of US dollars

Nier Automata is just a single or double A tier game in my opinion. The graphics are great but the maps are so small, and the game length is only saved by repetitions.
There are too many bad decisions recently from square, especially after the restructuring, and Yosuke Matsuda taking over the presidency.
Like selling off all (or most of) its western studios and their IPs cheaply, making a lot of low and mid budget games hoping some will be great hits like Nier Automata, but unfortunately most of them turned out to be flops instead, such as Left Alive, Valkyrie Elysium, Babylons Fall, Banals Wonderworld, The Quiet Man, FF7 The first soldier, etc.
WoodmannOct 15, 2022 8:01 AM
Oct 15, 2022 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
Woodmann said:
deg said:

Nier automata is just a single or double A tier game in my opinion. The graphics are great but the maps are so small, and the game length is only saved by repetitions.
There are too many bad decisions recently from square, especially after the restructuring, and Yosuke Masuda taking over the presidency.
Like selling off eidos and its IPs cheaply. Making a lot of low budget games hoping some will be great hits like Nier Automata, but unfortunately most of them turned out to be flops instead, such as valkyrie elysium, babylons fall, banals wonderworld, the quiet man, ff7 first soldiers, etc.

ye i stand corrected i googled and Nier Automata have no Triple A Game Budget at all but im sure the budget is still much higher than this upcoming anime adaptation
Oct 15, 2022 8:20 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
As long as 2B's ass is done justice and given the proper thicc treatment, then im sure to enjoy this adaptation.

Well that and as long as they dont add too much original content.
Oct 15, 2022 8:22 AM
Dec 2017
looks more and more promising by the day it seems

Oct 15, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2018
I need a sequel to this game. Also, A2>2B.
Oct 15, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2021
Woodmann said:
deg said:

Nier Automata is just a single or double A tier game in my opinion. The graphics are great but the maps are so small, and the game length is only saved by repetitions.
There are too many bad decisions recently from square, especially after the restructuring, and Yosuke Matsuda taking over the presidency.
Like selling off all (or most of) its western studios and their IPs cheaply, making a lot of low and mid budget games hoping some will be great hits like Nier Automata, but unfortunately most of them turned out to be flops instead, such as Left Alive, Valkyrie Elysium, Babylons Fall, Banals Wonderworld, The Quiet Man, FF7 The first soldier, etc.
They had only 18mil, that's around 1/5 of BOTW's budget. That's not enough for an Open World game, so they had to make it more compact. I think the part about the repetitions is just your opinion. I really liked replaying the first part as 9S and I loved playing the second part switching between him and A2. That's just how Yoko Taro likes to make his games.
Oct 15, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2011
I want to like this but it is from A1 Pictures
Oct 15, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
I have two questions. Why won't they call VA out of the game and how much fanservice will there be? I heard that the game is quite sexualized.
Oct 15, 2022 10:21 AM

Sep 2020
lkevsan said:
I want to like this but it is from A1 Pictures
So what ? Just look at A1 Pictures recent track record.
Oct 15, 2022 10:32 AM

Apr 2021
LiXarder said:
Woodmann said:

They had only 18mil, that's around 1/5 of BOTW's budget. That's not enough for an Open World game, so they had to make it more compact. I think the part about the repetitions is just your opinion. I really liked replaying the first part as 9S and I loved playing the second part switching between him and A2. That's just how Yoko Taro likes to make his games.

Any source for that 18mil claim?

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I'd give it an 8 out of 10. especially for the scenery, 2b (of course) and the action. But I have to be honest, the game IS repetitive.
Even you when you tried to deny it, you indirectly admitted the game is repetitive.
The game requires you to complete at least 3 playthroughs in order to get the ending E.
Without that the game is very short, I could even finish 1 playthrough in less than 6 hours.
WoodmannOct 15, 2022 10:38 AM
Oct 15, 2022 1:31 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Looks nice. Can't wait to watch it.

^^^ This man knows what's up!

RobertBobert said:
I have two questions. Why won't they call VA out of the game and how much fanservice will there be? I heard that the game is quite sexualized.

The game isn't overly sexual. It just has sexy character in it. Outside of some silly moments (like looking up 2B's skirt to get a trophy), it's mostly tame.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Oct 15, 2022 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
StarfireDragon said:

RobertBobert said:

The game isn't overly sexual. It just has sexy character in it. Outside of some silly moments (like looking up 2B's skirt to get a trophy), it's mostly tame.

Then why did feminists attack developers so vehemently during Gamergate?
Oct 15, 2022 1:38 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
RobertBobert said:
StarfireDragon said:

Gamergate was like three or four years before Automata so I have no idea what you mean. I remember some people making a very minor stink over this comment but that's all I can remember.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Oct 15, 2022 2:53 PM

Apr 2021
MatchaBlueberry said:
Woodmann said:

Make games in my favorit eJRPG franchises - BAD
Don’t make - BAD
Square has all the AmeRIcAn games - BAD
Square sells all the American games - BAD!

What drugs are you on?
Oct 15, 2022 4:04 PM

Aug 2018
I want to finish or at least beat a good portion of the game before this releases, so I should get on that soon

I have it on my shelf just haven't got to it yet
_______I like rocks__
Oct 16, 2022 2:12 AM

Dec 2018
I love this game. The story is one of the best ever in a video game IMO . I think I spend over 100 hours completing everything Lol

So glad to see my little angel Operator 6O is on the cast list. She is a confirmed lesbian after all♥♥

Anime!! I demand that my little lesbian princess 6O has a cute girlfriend and they will do some lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Otherwise, stupid anime will face my wrath,,, ROAR!!! Oh and 9s can stay at the moonbase =P or better put him on Mars

Yuri-CrusaderOct 16, 2022 7:34 AM
Oct 16, 2022 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
StarfireDragon said:
RobertBobert said:

Gamergate was like three or four years before Automata so I have no idea what you mean. I remember some people making a very minor stink over this comment but that's all I can remember.

Well, if I'm not confusing anything, this comment was made during Gamergate, when many activists started attacking fanservice games.
Oct 16, 2022 11:42 AM

May 2012
I hope they don't censor anything
Oct 16, 2022 2:00 PM

May 2009
Atlos said:
I want to finish or at least beat a good portion of the game before this releases, so I should get on that soon

I have it on my shelf just haven't got to it yet

You should do it just because the last third of the game is just really fucking good. To the point that it blows the first two parts with 2B and 9S completely out of the water. Most of the praise of N:A's storytelling and gameplay is because of the final act. Shit goes off the fucking rails.
Oct 16, 2022 5:54 PM

Oct 2018
Ryouji Masuyama (Blend-S) is directing the anime series at A-1 Pictures.

This thing always hurts me.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 17, 2022 11:05 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
RobertBobert said:
StarfireDragon said:

Well, if I'm not confusing anything, this comment was made during Gamergate, when many activists started attacking fanservice games.

Gamergate was like 2014 dude this happened around the games launch which was in 2017

Oct 17, 2022 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
I love this game. The story is one of the best ever in a video game IMO . I think I spend over 100 hours completing everything Lol

So glad to see my little angel Operator 6O is on the cast list. She is a confirmed lesbian after all♥♥

Anime!! I demand that my little lesbian princess 6O has a cute girlfriend and they will do some lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Otherwise, stupid anime will face my wrath,,, ROAR!!! Oh and 9s can stay at the moonbase =P or better put him on Mars

I see, so you're still alive and going stronk huh....
Oct 24, 2022 1:01 AM

Feb 2021
this is going to be so great

MY CANDIES

on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Oct 24, 2022 1:06 AM

Jan 2022
Nice to see they got the OG cast and everything. Fingers crossed we get the same for the dub. We may have lost McCarley for Mob but hopefully we get him back for 9s. He was the stand out performance for the game IMO.
-insert NGE meme here-

More topics from this board

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

3 by Curiouswanderer »»
6 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
9 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 PM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

11 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.