Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 11:12 AM
Aug 2022
This anime along with animes from Fall 2022 weren't nominated in the Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2023. I just wanna know if that means they'll be nominated for the Crunchyroll Anime Awards this year(Cruchyroll Anime Awards 2024). If they do get nominated then that probably means anime like Frieren from fall 2023 won't get nominated for this year's crunchyroll anime award.
Also the anime awards will be even more stacked, with stuff like Mob psycho, blue lock, bocchi the rock and this one being nominated. This Yr might be tough.
Jan 2, 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Chainsaw Man and other Fall 2022 anime like Mob Psycho 100 III are eligible for nomination in Crunchyroll Awards 2024, who knows what Crunchyroll will actually nominate, though CSM will most likely get a nomination even if it doesn't win ig.

And yeah Fall 2023 anime won't get nominated this year, they are for CR Awards 2025
Jan 2, 11:20 AM
Aug 2022
ahmetfkoksal said:
Chainsaw Man and other Fall 2022 anime like Mob Psycho 100 III are eligible for nomination in Crunchyroll Awards 2024, who knows what Crunchyroll will actually nominate, though CSM will most likely get a nomination even if it doesn't win ig.

And yeah Fall 2023 anime won't get nominated this year, they are for CR Awards 2025

Thank you. This year finna be good then
Jan 2, 12:00 PM
Jul 2019
The nominations are going to be off the charts so csm will most likely not win anything
Jan 2, 12:35 PM
Jul 2022
Can someone pls explain to me how tf do Crunchyroll awards work? I'm a bit confused about why the shows of 2022 are in 2023 awards and why the 2023 shows will be in 2024 awards? This is pretty stupid of Crunchyroll IMO.

I get that the event takes place in March each year. But why do they have to name the awards as 2023 if the shows were from 2022? This pisses me off so much man.
Jan 2, 12:51 PM
Aug 2022
WalterBlack59 said:
The nominations are going to be off the charts so csm will most likely not win anything

True. You got JJK S2, Vinland Saga, One piece all up there(no frieren). Mob Psycho III was amazing and both cours of bleach finna be up there as well. Blue lock was fire. AOT ending was really good.
It's gonna be hard, the anime awards finna be tough this year
Jan 2, 12:52 PM
Sep 2019
Levi1108 said:
Can someone pls explain to me how tf do Crunchyroll awards work? I'm a bit confused about why the shows of 2022 are in 2023 awards and why the 2023 shows will be in 2024 awards? This is pretty stupid of Crunchyroll IMO.

I get that the event takes place in March each year. But why do they have to name the awards as 2023 if the shows were from 2022? This pisses me off so much man.

This is how pretty much every award show is
Jan 2, 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
CR anime awards are irrelevant anyways.

Jan 2, 12:54 PM
May 2022
Rip_Lazarus said:
WalterBlack59 said:

True. You got JJK S2, Vinland Saga, One piece all up there(no frieren). Mob Psycho III was amazing and both cours of bleach finna be up there as well. Blue lock was fire. AOT ending was really good.
It's gonna be hard, the anime awards finna be tough this year

AOT ending is ineligible, only the first episode of the final chapters met the deadline. It will still be nominated, and honestly it will probably win because people will think it means both episodes count, but in reality, it can be nominated again next year for the final episode
Jan 2, 12:55 PM
Aug 2022
Levi1108 said:

I think it gonna be like this. Lemme use last yr
Anime Awards 2023
Winter 2022
Spring 2022
Summer 2022

Fall 2022 was exempt
So this yr its prob gonna be
Anime Awards 2024
Fall 2022
Winter 2023
Spring 2023
Summer 2023

This is my guess, although I'm still not sure if that's exactly what's gonna happen.
Jan 2, 12:57 PM
Jul 2022
mafiahairspy said:
Levi1108 said:

This is how pretty much every award show is

Well, I never really realized that. But still, it's bs.
Jan 2, 12:58 PM
Jul 2022
Rip_Lazarus said:
Levi1108 said:

I think it gonna be like this. Lemme use last yr
Anime Awards 2023
Winter 2022
Spring 2022
Summer 2022

Fall 2022 was exempt
So this yr its prob gonna be
Anime Awards 2024
Fall 2022
Winter 2023
Spring 2023
Summer 2023

This is my guess, although I'm still not sure if that's exactly what's gonna happen.

Yeah, ig this is how it's gonna go.
Jan 2, 1:18 PM
May 2016
Yes, this is eligible for nominations this year. But if they want to be as objective as possible, they don't nominate CSM.
Jan 2, 2:09 PM
Feb 2022
ktg said:
Yes, this is eligible for nominations this year. But if they want to be as objective as possible, they don't nominate CSM.

They probably would still nominate CSM. It was extremely popular. So, it makes sense to at least nominate it. Probably won’t win though.
Jan 2, 2:14 PM

Apr 2021
Are there other anime awards? I feel like Crunchyroll’s is never the best.
Jan 2, 5:38 PM
Mar 2023
Amaterasu803 said:

Theres some awards of Japan, that will most likely not satisfy you bc japaneses have a really different taste in Anime than the westerns
And there's the awards of Twitter accs
Sadly the most relevant and oficial western anime awards, are the crunchyroll one
Jan 2, 6:04 PM
May 2023
WalterBlack59 said:

csm isnt a bad show (overrated as hell though, imo) but it just can't compare to the newer titles icl
Jan 2, 8:00 PM

Oct 2020
Gui_silva23 said:
Amaterasu803 said:

Theres some awards of Japan, that will most likely not satisfy you bc japaneses have a really different taste in Anime than the westerns
Sadly the most relevant and oficial western anime awards, are the crunchyroll one

They are more fair with it though
Jan 2, 8:14 PM

Feb 2021
Bocchi deserves to win over it anyways...
Jan 2, 9:05 PM

Apr 2019
Reply to MadanielFL
Bocchi deserves to win over it anyways...
@MadanielFL Bocchi hype has died down as well though. I think Jujutsu Kaisen s2 will win most of the awards as that is the most popular anime right now.
Jan 3, 2:37 AM
May 2016
Reply to the_mantis42
ktg said:

They probably would still nominate CSM. It was extremely popular. So, it makes sense to at least nominate it. Probably won’t win though.
@the_mantis42 I think it's either CSM or JJK. There's not enough slot if we go with 6 slots. Like:
- Oshi no Ko and Bocchi the Rock are probably guaranteed (2).
- MP100, this is the last season, so last chance to nominate (1).
- Vinland Saga S2, I think they will prefer this one, because of the character development aspects (1).

The last 2 is the questionable part. Like we had shows like KnY, Mushoku Tensei, Spy x Family, Bleach, but I still think they prefer new shows, so Tengoku Daimakyou, Insomniacs After School, or maybe even Blue Lock. I assume one of these take one place and then the last place will be decided between CSM or JJK. In the battle shounen fanbase, JJK had bigger impact, but I think the jury will prefer CSM, because JJK had animation issues.
Jan 3, 2:37 AM
Mar 2023
Truly_Evil said:
Gui_silva23 said:

They are more fair with it though

Not really, it's always the same animes in the nominations, and those categories where there's 2 things of the same anime for no reason, they just refuse to elaborate and always pick the same shows
Jan 3, 2:44 PM
Feb 2022
ktg said:
@the_mantis42 I think it's either CSM or JJK. There's not enough slot if we go with 6 slots. Like:
- Vinland Saga S2, I think they will prefer this one, because of the character development aspects (1).

The last 2 is the questionable part. Like we had shows like KnY, Mushoku Tensei, Spy x Family, Bleach, but I still think they prefer new shows, so Tengoku Daimakyou, Insomniacs After School, or maybe even Blue Lock. I assume one of these take one place and then the last place will be decided between CSM or JJK. In the battle shounen fanbase, JJK had bigger impact, but I think the jury will prefer CSM, because JJK had animation issues.

Don’t forget they also include anime not on Crunchyroll. So, they could also nominate anime like my happy marriage, Urusai Yasura (2022), and possibly Helck. Although, I think CSM still has a shot since it was big when it released. Even now, there are so much merchandise and different collaborations that were for the anime. Plus, it got approved for a second season. So, they could use it to hype up that.
the_mantis42Jan 3, 2:48 PM
Jan 4, 7:05 AM

Aug 2020
Crunchyroll anime awards suck, also I doubt that csm would’ve won anything last year.
Jan 4, 7:08 AM

Aug 2020
ktg said:

Csm wasn’t significantly better when it comes to animation compared to jjk they both had problems.
Jan 4, 7:25 AM

Aug 2020
sayu-simp said:
WalterBlack59 said:

csm isnt a bad show (overrated as hell though, imo) but it just can't compare to the newer titles icl

Csm is barely ok also I never understood the hype last year ngl, this is coming from a manga reader and they completely changed the feeling of the manga in the anime and it sucked. The voice acting was ok but like the overall feeling of the anime just wasn’t the same as the manga, the animation wasn’t even impressive, the soundtrack became repetitive very fast, the jokes that were in the manga weren’t funny in the anime, now I know there’s supposed to be change but not every change is good, we have very bad changes in certain scenes like bruh MAPPA really tried flexing their animation so hard yet fail so miserably when aki spawn his fox devil when denji and power were at the store and saw katanaman. like bro why change one of the most bad ass scenes from the trailer and the manga panel to something that looks sp bogus, thats not the only scene that changed but that should give you guys the idea that the anime was not at the same level as the manga.
Jan 4, 7:26 AM
May 2023
Dixoncider8142 said:
sayu-simp said:

Csm is barely ok also I never understood the hype last year ngl, this is coming from a manga reader and they completely changed the feeling of the manga in the anime and it sucked. The voice acting was ok but like the overall feeling of the anime just wasn’t the same as the manga, the animation wasn’t even impressive, the soundtrack became repetitive very fast, the jokes that were in the manga weren’t funny in the anime, now I know there’s supposed to be change but not every change is good, we have very bad changes in certain scenes like bruh MAPPA really tried flexing their animation so hard yet fail so miserably when aki spawn his fox devil when denji and power were at the store and saw katanaman. like bro why change one of the most bad ass scenes from the trailer and the manga panel to something that looks sp bogus, thats not the only scene that changed but that should give you guys the idea that the anime was not at the same level as the manga.

yeah, hence overrated but I don't think it's that bad either
Jan 4, 8:53 AM
May 2016
Reply to filthyfrank8142
ktg said:

Csm wasn’t significantly better when it comes to animation compared to jjk they both had problems.
@Dixoncider8142 But it had less noticeable problems. People or many people still believe that CSM animation was really good, while in case of JJK even animators mentioned the problems.
So on a scale of how big the mistakes are, they are pretty close to each other, but the noticeability is pretty different.
Jan 4, 8:59 AM
May 2016
Reply to the_mantis42
ktg said:

Don’t forget they also include anime not on Crunchyroll. So, they could also nominate anime like my happy marriage, Urusai Yasura (2022), and possibly Helck. Although, I think CSM still has a shot since it was big when it released. Even now, there are so much merchandise and different collaborations that were for the anime. Plus, it got approved for a second season. So, they could use it to hype up that.
@the_mantis42 I was talking about Anime of the Year here. Sry for not clarifying. I find it unlikely to see a Helck or Urusei Yatsura in that category. In comedy? Yeah, sure, it is possible, but those "smaller" or less important categories. Anime of the Year matters mostly and not even nominating a show like CSM would be a big blow after the hype it received.
Jan 4, 10:21 AM

Aug 2020
ktg said:
@Dixoncider8142 But it had less noticeable problems. People or many people still believe that CSM animation was really good, while in case of JJK even animators mentioned the problems.
So on a scale of how big the mistakes are, they are pretty close to each other, but the noticeability is pretty different.

Eh the animators started speaking when jjk s2 came out not because they started having problems there but because it had already started happening and it’s been happening for too long and they were tired on working on projects for nearly a year (at the time when they started talking about the problems). Ngl it’s kinda sad that MAPPA isn’t going to change because they already announced more projects like jjk s3, hells paradise season 2, and the csm movie. At this point I have no faith in them delivering the highest quality when it comes to animation. All of these projects will most likely come out in a year by now and will have the same schedule just like they did last year (each major show coming every season). It’s sad that MAPPA has become deluded and think they’re delivering quality that they showed 3-4 years ago when in reality the quality has been mid for the past year. They’re continuing to produce Burger King level quailth instead of a 4.5-5 star restaurant quality.
Jan 4, 11:56 PM
May 2016
Reply to filthyfrank8142
ktg said:

Eh the animators started speaking when jjk s2 came out not because they started having problems there but because it had already started happening and it’s been happening for too long and they were tired on working on projects for nearly a year (at the time when they started talking about the problems). Ngl it’s kinda sad that MAPPA isn’t going to change because they already announced more projects like jjk s3, hells paradise season 2, and the csm movie. At this point I have no faith in them delivering the highest quality when it comes to animation. All of these projects will most likely come out in a year by now and will have the same schedule just like they did last year (each major show coming every season). It’s sad that MAPPA has become deluded and think they’re delivering quality that they showed 3-4 years ago when in reality the quality has been mid for the past year. They’re continuing to produce Burger King level quailth instead of a 4.5-5 star restaurant quality.
@Dixoncider8142 I know, but that doesn't matter to an average fan. And I didn't really mean the working conditions. If you mention only that to those people, then they will respond like "aand yet, they produced high quality", but during the airing one animator mentioned that the released episode was only 30% of the intended vision, which makes it pretty clear even to them that the animation quality wasn't good.
And I also agree with the second part. After MAPPA took over SnK S4, their animation noticeable dropped in quality. The only consistently good show was Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi and that's because it has a more simply design.
Jan 19, 12:05 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to holo-simp
WalterBlack59 said:

@sayu-simp Yeah. They should have included first 16 episodes of frieren.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

991 by BlizzardBoy026 »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.