Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 27, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
It has apparently become the cool thing to hate Naruto.

Personally, I like the series but there are times that it just makes me roll my eyes.
Mar 27, 2014 7:09 PM
Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:
tsudecimo said:
Fundog said:
Do you really like the current arc that much?

From what I've seen in the anime so far, yes. Yes I do.

I thought you said you're not "feeling" the current arc? Well, just wait until the "revival", that's where I started to dislike this war arc.

That was before I re-watch the whole series. I let other people opinions cloud my judgment back then. The only problem I have with the war arc so far is the rough beginning of it and some pacing issues but that's about it.

Yeah, haters keep getting in the way of everything. There was a time when I actually started hating on Naruto. Then I ignored the haters and went back to realizing this show is great.
Mar 29, 2014 12:44 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know exactly why, but my guess would be the fanbase. Not all of them of course, just the tards. Part 1 was great, I remember watching it with my family.
Once that ended I just skipped shippuden and decided to read the manga.
Apr 1, 2014 6:15 PM

Mar 2014
I believe its just a case of Popular anime always being targeted by Mindless hating. It's the same with many other well known Shounen. That, and the considerable amount of fillers don't help its image much. Also, the manga to anime transitioning can sometimes be a pain to see. Personally though, I just can't seem to hate it much, seeing as I grew up with it, so I just ignore all its flaws.
Apr 1, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
I believe its just a case of Popular anime always being targeted by Mindless hating. It's the same with many other well known Shounen. That, and the considerable amount of fillers don't help its image much. Also, the manga to anime transitioning can sometimes be a pain to see. Personally though, I just can't seem to hate it much, seeing as I grew up with it, so I just ignore all its flaws.

Couldn't of said it any better my self.

Apr 5, 2014 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
It's a popularity thing. People are gunna want to attack the thing that alot of people like.
Apr 10, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2011
No hate, it used to be my favorite manga/anime but that feeling faded away. I mean c'mon... ever since the war arc started the series just kept going downhill. It used to be exciting to watch but this shinobi vs madara fight just keeps on repeating the same scenario: naruto gets massively overpowered, strikes the main antagonist with some super-ultra-mega-amazing-chakra technique which seems to be the final blow but then the villain ressurects, strikes back and crushes everyone's hopes, naruto regains hope, attains another super-duper-mega-ultra-miraculous power and strikes once again, it seems like the end but the villain remains unscathed, becomes more prominent and strikes back severely once again, then the same scenario repeats and it just keep dragging, dragging and dragging...
Amazinglyu powerful techniques are supposed to be exciting and all, but they are so overused in this show that NO MATTER WHAT THE CHARACTERS DO NOTHING IS SURPRISING ANYMORE. It is sadly obvious that Kishimoto keeps on unnaturaly expanding the story for the sake of money making. I know that the story is complex and has many problems that take time to solve but THIS is just going too far.The only reason I still keep on reading the manga is for the sake of seeing how it ends.
Oh and don't get me wrong, I ain't some hater, it's just my honest opinion as a loyal fan that's been sticking with this series for years.
Sorry for the uber-super long-and-incomprehensible rant. Peace out. ^^"
BlobikiApr 10, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 19, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
there's absolutely no reason to hate on the manga at all now after the latest chapter. It was just too badass
Banishment, this world!
Apr 19, 2014 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
Mobius_Trip said:
there's absolutely no reason to hate on the manga at all now after the latest chapter. It was just too badass
What about completely ruining the 8 gates in the dumbest way possible?
Apr 19, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2014
Naruto sucks. Shippuden however, is awesome.
"Urushibara Ruka, delicate as an orchid, fair as a cherry blossom, the personification of feminine grace and also... a dude. Tall as a willow, slender as a reed, a dude. Radiant in shrine vestments... dude. the sun dips low in a rosy sky, secateurs buzz, Ruka is a dude".

-Okabe Rintarou/ Hououin Kyouma
Apr 20, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2012
jpem said:
Mobius_Trip said:
What about completely ruining the 8 gates in the dumbest way possible?

This. The latest chapter was average at best and all these power-ups seem like something out a middle school kid's fanfiction.
Apr 20, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
I like Naruto, it has its flaws but well...
The problem maybe is the fanbase (the bad ones), for example, I don't like Dragon Ball but I don't hate it neither, but its fanbase uuuuuuuugh, they're the worst fanbase I've seen in years.
Apr 25, 2014 6:39 PM

Feb 2014
every popular anime always has haters

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Apr 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
I liked it when I was a kid, but now that I'm older I'm not into the story or shounen themes so much and I just want it to be over.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 27, 2014 7:58 PM
Jul 2013
you're just imagining things
May 7, 2014 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
naruto sux
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 5:38 AM
Apr 2008
Liked it till shortly after Chunin arc, got worse, then turned into a trainwreck after timeskip. Sharingan, ninjas not acting like ninjas, shit story, develops a decent cast of side characters and wastes them, EVERY character gets forgiven/redeemed, like 500 chapters of the darkness (Sasuke) and he is now helping the leaf ninjas LOL. And I could go on forever...

Boggles the mind how people who aren't teens or weebs can adore this manga the way they do.

Least it's better than bleach ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 7, 2014 5:43 AM

Dec 2010
I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not a huge fan either. Shippuden especially, because it takes a massive dump on the theme of hard work that was prevalent pre-timeskip. Feels as though all of that back then was dishonest writing, now that Naruto is this child of prophecy/destiny/saviorJesusmessiah type of character. Also, while I can't put it into words exactly, Naruto's character seems off, like ever since the Pain arc ended, he's been somewhat inconsistent to me. Then there's the whole female characters being useless, relatively-speaking. If it seems like I'm hating, I'd disagree. Just critiquing (albeit poorly since I'm too lazy to provide evidence for my claims and such). There are worse series out there than Naruto.
May 7, 2014 7:01 AM
Jul 2013
Because it fucking sucks and is notorious for some of the worst anime related homicides.
May 7, 2014 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
epicscreator said:
I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not a huge fan either. Shippuden especially, because it takes a massive dump on the theme of hard work that was prevalent pre-timeskip. Feels as though all of that back then was dishonest writing, now that Naruto is this child of prophecy/destiny/saviorJesusmessiah type of character.

Ummm. How did it take a dumb on it? Naruto got where he got through training, and inventing of his more powerful techniques. It's in the first arc, that you see Sakura's hard work being paid off. The theme as not as strong as part 1, because it's easier to showcase it, when the person is a zero and weak like Naruto used to, and Lee before his training.

It's always been hinted at and implied that Naruto is the ninja who is going to change the Ninja world, even from part 1. The theme of the Ninja world needing changing is much more prelevant than the hard work theme, which is just a common theme really.

Kishimoto '' In real life, it's hard for people to understand each other because of things like differences in culture or upbringing. As you grow up, you start to see that sometimes things in life don't go right. But I created Naruto to tell the younger generation that although there's hardship in life, you can get along. Other than that, I would rather let the audience themselves find out what they can get from Naruto.''

Also, while I can't put it into words exactly, Naruto's character seems off, like ever since the Pain arc ended, he's been somewhat inconsistent to me.

That's what they call character development. Him following the message of Pain of ending the hate cycle is not what I call being inconsistent, it shows how big of an impact Pain had in Naruto compared to other antagonists. He changed him philosophically and gave him a reality check you can say.

Then there's the whole female characters being useless, relatively-speaking. If it seems like I'm hating, I'd disagree. Just critiquing (albeit poorly since I'm too lazy to provide evidence for my claims and such). There are worse series out there than Naruto.

I don't think they are useless. They simply get less spotlight time. And some of these so called useless characters have saved the lives of the protagonist and the deuteragonist and other characters in multiple occasions.
May 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
epicscreator said:
I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not a huge fan either. Shippuden especially, because it takes a massive dump on the theme of hard work that was prevalent pre-timeskip. Feels as though all of that back then was dishonest writing, now that Naruto is this child of prophecy/destiny/saviorJesusmessiah type of character.

Ummm. How did it take a dumb on it? Naruto got where he got through training, and inventing of his more powerful techniques. It's in the first arc, that you see Sakura's hard work being paid off. The theme as not as strong as part 1, because it's easier to showcase it, when the person is a zero and weak like Naruto used to, and Lee before his training.

It's always been hinted at and implied that Naruto is the ninja who is going to change the Ninja world, even from part 1. The theme of the Ninja world needing changing is much more prelevant than the hard work theme, which is just a common theme really.

Kishimoto '' In real life, it's hard for people to understand each other because of things like differences in culture or upbringing. As you grow up, you start to see that sometimes things in life don't go right. But I created Naruto to tell the younger generation that although there's hardship in life, you can get along. Other than that, I would rather let the audience themselves find out what they can get from Naruto.''

Don't know if you have started reading the manga, but if you haven't, you shouldn't even be here. One of KOL's videos (which contain huge manga spoiler for the latest 4-6 chapters if you are going to watch it) made a good point about Naruto and the hard work theme.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 7, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
ToG25thBaam said:

Don't know if you have started reading the manga, but if you haven't, you shouldn't even be here. One of KOL's videos (which contain huge manga spoiler for the latest 4-6 chapters if you are going to watch it) made a good point about Naruto and the hard work theme.

I didn't start reading the man. And I'm definitely not gonna start, just to watch a random person on youtube.
May 7, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
"That means he spends around 36 hours at a minimum on every chapter and it doesn't even include the story planning/brainstorming!"
lel, 36 hours? He's got it easy.
May 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2010
tsudecimo said:

You're right. He did work hard. My problem, though, has to do with that it is predetermined by his destiny for him to work hard and gain friends and allies and all that, which is something he fought against -- destiny, I mean -- in part 1 and this is most obviously showcased in his fight against Neji. However, with the revelation that he was the child of prophecy (of which has existed before he was even born) and the
it is hypocritical and dishonest of Kishimoto to have presented Naruto the way he was in part 1 - which was a kid who defied all odds and destiny and paved his way into the world without some kind of outer force helping him. It puts Naruto in a sort of paradox. He's gotten as far as he has because of hard work, yes, but his hard work is because of destiny. He is literally a slave to destiny.

Agreed. I just wish it wasn't because it was his destiny. Or alternatively, I just wished Kishi would of written it differently from the very beginning, showing that Naruto was destined from the start to change the world and be a hard worker, instead of implying he'd change things by fighting against fate to do it - which turned out to be a lie. And that pisses me off.
That's what they call character development. Him following the message of Pain of ending the hate cycle is not what I call being inconsistent, it shows how big of an impact Pain had in Naruto compared to other antagonists. He changed him philosophically and gave him a reality check you can say.

Character development in itself isn't intrinsically good. And let me be clearer, I'm referring more to his characterization. He has momentary lapses of regression after the Pain arc, like sometimes he's presented as more stupid/naive/childish than he should be if we look into the progression of his character within the whole narrative. Basically, at times it feels like Kishi is manipulating Naruto to act how he wants him to act, regardless of whether the actions makes sense for his character to be that way. Now, to be fair, I can't remember any examples, but I do remember constantly having that feeling.
I don't think they are useless. They simply get less spotlight time. And some of these so called useless characters have saved the lives of the protagonist and the deuteragonist and other characters in multiple occasions.

True. Although I feel they aren't on the same level of -- or close to the level -- the males are in the series in terms of impact to the story except Tsunade and Kushina, imo. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine.
epicscreatorMay 7, 2014 11:31 AM
May 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
epicscreator said:

You're right. He did work hard. My problem, though, has to do with that it is predetermined by his destiny for him to work hard and gain friends and allies and all that, which is something he fought against -- destiny, I mean -- in part 1 and this is most obviously showcased in his fight against Neji. However, with the revelation that he was the child of prophecy (of which has existed before he was even born) it is hypocritical and dishonest of Kishimoto to have presented Naruto the way he was in part 1 - which was a kid who defied all odds and destiny and paved his way into the world without some kind of outer force helping him. It puts Naruto in a sort of paradox. He's gotten as far as he has because of hard work, yes, but his hard work is because of destiny. He is literally a slave to destiny.

Ah. Glad you brought up this. This seems like a giant misconception regarding the destiny thing with Neji and Naruto. He didn't fought against destiny, he fought against the kind he doesn't like that is being forced upon him and is against what he desires, the same as Neji's destiny. It would seem kinda stupid for someone to reject something good that is bestowed upon him.

Naruto: ''If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be!''

So again Naruto didn't have a problem with destiny as a whole. It was because he was told to accept his destiny as a drop out and a failure by Neji and others who doubted him that he went against it, by not accepting the bad things to come for him, because they are destiny.

He achieved and reached his position in the first place because of hard work. But the message was never that hard work can achieve anything, as evident by Lee losing to Garra despite all his impressive hard work, and Naruto losing to Sasuke despite his hard work to reach the level where he can call himself his equal. This is also another misconception I've noticed, the theme was not hard work can beat talent and defy everything, it was if hard work really can beat talent and defy odds all the time.

I think it would be quite naive even for a Shounen manga, to expect Naruto to do something that no other man has done before him in his world, with simple hard work and nothing else or help from anything else. Changing the Ninja world and stopping the hate cycle is a feat that can't be achieved solely by naive words and hard work alone. If it was people like Madara and Obito wouldn't have existed in that manner.

Agreed. I just wish it wasn't because it was his destiny. Or alternatively, I just wished Kishi would of written it differently from the very beginning, showing that Naruto was destined from the start to change the world and be a hard worker, instead of implying he'd change things by fighting against fate to do it - which turned out to be a lie. And that pisses me off.

But It was implied as such, that Naruto is destined for a great feat. What Naruto fought against was the fate of him being just a looser and just a demon child.

Character development in itself isn't intrinsically good. And let me be clearer, I'm referring more to his characterization. He has momentary lapses of regression after the Pain arc, like sometimes he's presented as more stupid/naive/childish than he should be if we look into the progression of his character within the whole narrative. Basically, at times it feels like Kishi is manipulating Naruto to act how he wants him to act, regardless of whether the actions makes sense for his character to be that way. Now, to be fair, I can't remember any examples, but I do remember constantly having that feeling.

I agree. Character development by itself is not inherently a good thing. I didn't see these regression moments. In fact I felt like Naruto became more mature by the end of Pain's arc, and has a better understanding and insight on the world. The only stupid moments I remember are comedic scenes that are not really relevant to anything. I think his meeting with Sasuke in the Kage summit arc, further prove that he is understanding of things is much more clearer, and that he is no longer ignorant of certain things. How he handled it, with a clam and a more determent expression. He finally starting to get a hold of his answers and what he needs to do. The mental growth that Naruto had through out the series, is something that I personally haven't seen anywhere close to it in terms of quality and intensity, in other similar Shounen/battle animanga

True. Although I feel they aren't on the same level of -- or close to the level -- the males are in the series in terms of impact to the story except Tsunade and Kushina, imo. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine.

Fair enough. I myself wish Sakura would have more spot lights, like the Kazekage arc, where she was without a doubt in my mind was the star of. And for Hinata to have a better fleshing out of her character about something that is not centered about her affection for Naruto, to add more dimensions to her. At least we agree about Tsunade and Kushina :)
tsudecimoMay 7, 2014 11:57 AM
May 7, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2010
Good counterpoints to my arguments, and they've certainly got me thinking, but I'll refrain from saying more in regard to Naruto's destiny, since you're not a manga reader. I am interested in your thoughts once the anime gets to where the manga is now though.

And yeah, Sakura was awesome during the Kazekage arc. I have a grudge against Kishi for not using her, and the majority of kunoichi, more often like that, haha.
May 7, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
Nice conversing with you. Will see then.
May 7, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
Mobius_Trip said:
I don't quite understand. I love naruto, maybe cause it was my first manga so I suppose it serves nostalgic purposes. But I love it, and I've read other manga, though this is still my favorite. After each anime I saw I read the manga for them... Still, naruto is number one for me

well, you explained it yourself.
Nostalgia reasons.

I think it's very enjoyable, though I did have the stigma involved before as others becuase of its main popularity, the more "youth-themed" adaptation from what I saw of the anime, and the immense amount of fillers.

Now reading the manga, though, and being deeper into it, it is entertaining and has good moments!
But, the first anime I watched and enjoyed, I'll always love and have a place for in my heart, as does anyone, really.
You DID answer your own question, and probably would have left a better thread opener without leaving that part in.

I do agree, though, that a lot of people have a lot of dislike towards this anime/manga.

Towards the anime: rightfully so.

And I must admit, I did as well, til I took the chance to read it.

and,

loserboi said:
The amount of fillers in that anime is astronomical. I just want to watch whats in the manga

this is the MANGA discussion, and also, it is very possible, you can look up the filler lists online and skip those eps, just as I have and many others for Dragon Ball Z, etc. (any filler-heavy anime without an original ending)

OR, even better (which Im doing with Naruto) , just read the more enjoyable and canonically correct and artistically envisioned (as by the mangaka) actual manga.

Sorry if I came off sounding condescending :P

EDIT: (well additionally,) I have to agree with some of the more recent comments, though I SKIPPED most of the paragraphs because of spoilers.
Seriously, guys, I know I saw like one or two spoiler codes, but the MAJORITY of them had no prior warning, and this is NOT an episode discussion nor a specific thread related to a scenario or event that happened in a specific episode, nor later in the series.

The least you can do is take the 2 seconds to write "SPOILER ALERT" as I have just done to alert anyone that is contributing to this thread without having read all 600+ chapters of the manga yet.

ANYWAY haha, I agree, being on chapter 252 myself Ive already found a decent amount of inconsistencies that I know will just grow as they "attempt" to explain them as I have seen previously so far. Im not bashing the story altogether, just the mangaka's explanations and attempted "plot twists" at some points in the story.
Like, specifically, as mentioned, Naruto's fight with Neji. Now I did not see THIS point mentioned, but what I thought was how Naruto was fighting against, anyone fighting or BELIEVING in destiny (I know THAT was mentioned.) But even in other points in the story, it is always brought up that Naruto was UNLUCKY and born into the position to always be HATED and has NO chance whatsoever of being Hokage. Basically, or specifically, you have to be BORN into a position of royalty, and/or bloodline to live out a extremely successful life/lineage or a pre-determined success/royalty.

So, Naruto was born a "monster" and always hated...
OR, he was born the SON of the 4th HOKAGE (which already would make him born into a successful destiny and lineage)
But not only that, he also (which supposedly is his downfall), had the demon fox sealed inside him when he was born, which was suppose to make him the most hated of his village and born into an unlucky body,
but in reality and in the knowledge of almost every superior, gives him the ability to tap into an incredibly immense amount of strong chakra, seemingly more powerful and vast than any Rinnegan (as shown in the Neji fight) or Uchiha bloodline, and surpassing any "genius of hard-work" (Rock Lee) or anyone that has put far more effort into training than Naruto.

These two qualities, more than anything, seem to show me that he actually was born into quite a lucky and powerful predetermined destiny, compared to most (or) ANY other shinobi that has set his/her sights on being Hokage one day.

Now, as I've said, this is just from what was shown to me and I've determined by CHAPTER 252,
and though my memory is fleeting me at this present moment, there were a decent amount of other moments that definitely contradicted what was shown and/or said in previous chapters of the manga.
Just left like, "wtf..? well what about this?"
I wish I would have posted and looked at the chapter discussions in previous times when I thought these sorta things, so I could've discussed them and hopefully found an explanation I seemingly missed, didn't think of, or wasn't explained properly in the every-so-often fansubs I read.

Again, Im not bashing the manga as a WHOLE, I mean, overall, plotholes ARE a big deal, but ALSO overall, I've definitely enjoyed the manga so far as I stated in the beginning of this comment, but there were plotholes or confusions I didn't address and were reminded of in the most recent comments (that Im glad I didnt finish in fear of getting spoiled any more than I already have from others with this incredibly popular manga by the name of Naruto- which is a pretty large reason for it being hated, among other things, OP)
dextronautMay 7, 2014 6:44 PM
May 8, 2014 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
I think the director of the Naruto anime understands the manga quite well. A lot of added scenes in the anime, really helped expand on certain things.
May 8, 2014 3:33 PM
Apr 2012
I think part of liking something is being able to be critical with it. I still believe the old Naruto was good. It has it's flaws sure, but so does every other manga/anime. However, I find it's progression over the last two years or so to be terrible. Inconsistent characters, A lot of saying instead of showing. It's all kind of gone in the direction of a predictable shounen and I expected it to be better. That being said, if you still really like Naruto, Awesome. This is just my opinion.
May 8, 2014 3:42 PM
Aug 2011
I actually enjoyed the first part of Naruto (at least the 88 episodes I saw) immensely, I was obsessed with it.
Shhh don't let tsudecimo hear about this though.
Only reason I dropped it was because I was watching it with someone and we just stopped...

It might seem like I hate Naruto Shippuden but it's not so much hate as it is complete indifference.
I have zero interest in Shippuden.

Jordooee253 said:
Most people move on to better, more unique, more complex anime.

^This is the reason why it's hated and one reason I completely disagree about.

Move on to better more complex things they say and then you look at the things they're watching and it's nothing but shitty harems.
Yeah good job there, you did so well moving on to more unique things. DERP.
May 8, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
Destiny is only a guide, it is the person itself who works toward something you want..

Hell even Nagato is child of prophecy of some sort...So we can say that become a terrorist is his destiny??

It is also same like Nardo and Sauce in the manga...They can act defying their (seemingly) destiny or act according to it, it their choice.

It is like ordinary people who bitch about Ronaldo and Messi destined for football while ignoring their hellish training and hard-work. That is a farce.
May 8, 2014 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
I am not hater, But here's the point that make me bit disappointed with naruto

1. Naruto gain new power without training
2. Only team 7 that have superpower or special role.
3. Lack screen time on itachi (he's my favorite :D)
May 8, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2013
is madara a cousin of steven spielberg?

however this is awesome madara used obito used nagato
May 8, 2014 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
its because its so popular, and im not saying the people who dislike it are hipsters or anything but rather its something so big that so many people have seen it that naturally there will begin to be a large number of people who dislike it. Of course theres reasons behind why people dislike it since its changed drastically from what got so many into it.

I still think there is alot of good in the series but theres so much poor execution on alot of it as well as clear instances of not thinking ahead. I probably would have had the series at a 5 if it were not for how the final arc has been going i just cant give it anything higher than a 4, a finale is important to me and its doing almost everything a finale should do wrong. That said the series is no where near as bad as some people try to build it up to be.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 8, 2014 7:09 PM
Jul 2013
one question kishimoto!! is the chakra that the sage of the six paths gave to naruto and sasuke permanent or temporary??????

will sasuke rinnegan disappear if the sage of the six paths charkra is a temporary?
well in naruto's case i guess it wouldn't disappear cause madara said the senjutsu's chakra bloomed

?_?

? ?

?????????????
May 8, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
nurBAW said:

1. Naruto gain new power without training
3. Lack screen time on itachi (he's my favorite :D)

There are some powers that can be gained with training. He still got the Chakara mode with training.

I'm pretty sure, Itachi is second only to Naruto and Sasuke in screen time, unless I'm forgetting another character. Before his passway he had more screen time than Kakashi.

kramXD said:
one question kishimoto!

Do you think Kishimoto know of the existence of this site or something?
May 15, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
No one can hate Nuruto(tm) after these dope powerups!
Banishment, this world!
May 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Mobius_Trip said:
No one can hate Nuruto(tm) after these dope powerups!

Well, in my opinion it's so much easier to hate on Naruto after these power-up. Not that I hate the series but I no longer like it like I used to. Lots of people (like me) don't watch/read series looking for OP characters but for consistent plot, and Naruto's plot is losing consistency more and more and is replacing it with senseless power-ups.
Jun 1, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2012
I loved the show up until they pulled the whole Shadow Clone leaf training exercise out of their asses. I felt that was a completely LAZY way to make Naruto catch up to Sasuke. Sasuke sacrifices everything he knew to become more powerful so he can defeat his brother and the writers make it like it's no sweat for Naruto. Why I hate it and always will, Sasuke is my favorite because he has a story arc. The story technically revolves around him. His rivalry and desire for revenge against his brother. Orochimaru wanting to seduce and possess Sasuke. Naruto and the leading lady (Sakura) all chasing after Sasuke. But everything focuses on what essentially is a side character and comes up with cheap ways to show up Sasuke at every opportunity. Annoys me. Like Vegeta and Goku. Vegeta has the character arc of going from good to evil. He has this mission to gain immortality so that he can defeat Frieza, the villain who destroyed his home planet. He has all this history with the Ginyu Force, Didoria and Zarbok, yet in the end of the saga, it's Goku that saves the day.... Really REALLY annoys the hell out of me...
Jun 1, 2015 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
Because it was mainstream.

Want to act cool? Be anti-mainstream dude.
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Jul 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Obviously, not everyone hates Naruto. But the bad story cant be the reason, since it was hated way before it finished.

I think that most people, who spent some time on Naruto dislike it for the following seemingly simple reason:

PLOT HOLES!

The tolerance level of the plot holes is what separates the Naruto lovers from the haters, with the indifferent casual readers/viewers ranged in between.

I don’t mean to be condescending, but the more you like Naruto, the less you care about plot holes, it’s that simple. And that’s ok, to each their own. While most of you haters know what I mean, let me try to explain my point to those people, who don’t.

The joy of a good story is that you’re so into it, you forget that you’re reading words, or watching a screen. You want to explore that world. You start to care about it and those fictional characters, which inhabit it. It makes you ask, what happens next? This curiosity is what keeps you revisiting that world and stay invested. But nothing takes you out of a story and kills that curiosity as fast as a plot hole.

When the author establishes certain rules in his universe, he expects his readers to take them as a given. The readers on the other hand, trust the author to mind and apply them. When done correctly, the story will be convincing. As long as it’s in accordance with its own rules, the plot will be logical, even if it defies every law of physics known to men. The same goes for characters: As long as their behaviour and actions are within the scope of their introduced personalities and their means, they will seem believable and come to life.

But what if the rules are broken? What if the story begins to contradict itself or if the characters actions are random? What if things happen for no apparent reason?

Well, some people will start to question the story. The world they spent so much time on becomes illogical. Investing more time to understand it would obviously be a waste.

If the characters you have grown to know act incomprehensible, then what was the point of understanding them? If they only act when and how the plot wants them to, then their personalities are pointless. They are literally tools. In some cases the author completely stopped in the development; why bother? Instead of being fleshed out, they are being reduced to catchphrases or become plot devices. What’s left are a bunch of video game characters in a flawed world, getting level-ups and introducing new flashy jutsus for the upcoming game.

All of a sudden the readers are not in that world anymore, but obviously sitting at a desk, reading a manga or watching a show. Gradually they lose trust in the author, as the story becomes more and more convoluted. Some of the plot holes become so apparent, that they seem insulting to anyone, who’s been paying any attention. They wonder if the author expects them not to notice. Does he even give a shit? Who is he creating this for? Have they maybe outgrown the story? Was it always supposed to be a marketing device and they fell for it? But it started out so good!...

Like I said, some will know what I’m talking about, others won’t.
Jul 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2015
That's like saying why does everyone hate me?
Jul 27, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2014
Because the writing got very bad and people still praised it because of 'nostalgia'.
Jul 27, 2016 6:22 PM

Jun 2016
A lot of Naruto hate is bandwagon bashing and mindless hating

Most of the hate is from the fillers which you can skip!
There are episode guides to skip the fillers

The story is solid and the characters are unique~
I cannot understand why people hate Naruto so much that the word "Narutard" was created for the fans
Jul 27, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2014
Sereneflower said:
A lot of Naruto hate is bandwagon bashing and mindless hating
Incorrect. In fact, that sort of argument can be refuted to being 'delusionally bigoted', because it just runs away from the issue.

Most of the hate is from the fillers which you can skip!
There are episode guides to skip the fillers
Again, wrong. This is in the manga subboard for a reason, to ask why manga readers dislike/hate it; the true reasons why the hate is strong for this series across the internet comes from the very manga.

The story is solid and the characters are unique~
Until after Pain's Assault when it became a convoluted mess. The main turning point in the series for why the fandom started to "bash" the series.

I cannot understand why people hate Naruto so much that the word "Narutard" was created for the fans
It's not toward every fan of the series, it's to label the ones who think Naruto is the best, or one of the best anime/manga; to label the fans of the franchise who defend the series with risible reasoning.
Jul 27, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2011
IMO, Naruto does a lot wrong. Sasuke's development is all over the place, flip flopping allegiances. Plot twists make no sense and feel like asspulls (for example, if Itachi is good, why the fuck would he cast a genjutsu on his precious little brother that only the best medic in the world can heal? What if she died? Why even cast such a crippling thing? How is it not better to find a way to stay and protect the little brother?)

Then it becomes preachy and hypocritical. Ex Naruto tells Neji that destiny doesn't matter...then Naruto is the chosen one selected to save the world. WTF way to stick to your themes Kishimoto.
Jul 27, 2016 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
I personally started to dislike Naruto after the Pain arc due to the excessive arcs (mostly flashbacks too), but that's just my personal opinion. I still really enjoyed Naruto before that.

I think a better question would be "Why do people hate on others that like Naruto?"
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Jul 27, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2015
Getting on the necro wagon

Ot. Nah, we don't hate Naruto. There are just tons more stuff that are better.
Jul 27, 2016 10:54 PM

Jul 2016
This isn't a series I praise on my knees.

After all, I'm not 9 anymore. And I didn't even like Naruto when I was 9. Doesn't mean I or the rest of the world hates it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.