Forum Settings
Forums

ANIME/MANGA with STRONG FEMALE LEAD genre! READ FIRST!!!

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2011 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
This is the best post EVER! TT^TT

I've been looking for some really good anime/manga and this post sums up what I've been looking for.
My life is complete again.

Thankyou<3
Sep 29, 2011 2:27 AM
Sep 2011
Great thread. Tired of movies/series where the supposedly tough main action girl needs to constantly be saved by a guy.

1) Agreeing with the Claymore rec for the Xth time.

I see you already have El Cazador De La Bruja among your queue. You should also consider other BeeTrain series like
2) Madlax
3) Noir

Another series to consider is
4) Canaan
whose female protagonist and female antagonist are the two toughest beings in the world setting.
Aug 31, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2013
Manga:
Ciel-The Last Autumn Story
Show Princess (also a drama)
Kiss & Never Cry
Absolute Witch
Dear My Girls
Hakuou no Sono (aka White Garden)
My Barbaric Girlfriend (a bit crude but funny)
Beauty Pop
Fly High!
Teppen! (Gender blender but same feel as skip beat)

Anime:
Shion no Ou? I'm sure the other ones have been written or watched already...hope this helps.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I might be crazy. So, what's the problem?

Jan 26, 2015 7:47 AM

Apr 2014
Black Lagoon.
Feb 19, 2015 5:33 PM
Jan 2015
if you or anyone reading this wants anymore suggestions I have a couple that I couldn't help wonder why no one else has seen them and or liked the following... I mean unless your really young and never heard of them but i'm not sure... anyway umm here is my list I might add more if another pops into my head later... ooo and ps sorry if someone already posted one of the ones I do... ^.^

peach girl the anime is okay but the mangas are better ( note there is Peach Girl. and P.G change of heart)

cardcaptor sakura

fruits basket (although this is girlly and the girl seems to be weak there is strength too.. well in my opinion)

hana yori dango

ikkitousen

inuyasha

Karin

lovely complex

Pandora hearts

(its been awhile but I wanna say PRETEAR or otherwise known as shin shirayuki-hime densetsu pretear)

shugo chara, shugo chara doki, shugo chara party

soul eater

Tokyo mew mew or mew mew power

MAR (marchen awakens romance)

kiba - although the girl isn't THE main character she is still pretty awesome and the show is awesome... same goes for MAR

ichiban ushiro no daimaou

sailor moon and all of its following names there are quite a bit of them if I recall. so if you want anime that lasts quite a while then this is a good one.

I think that is all that I have that I absolutely know is good or decent... sorry if some aren't what you are looking for...
Feb 19, 2015 7:09 PM

May 2010
I don't know what manga you've read but definitely:

Rasetsu no hana
Dengeki Daisy
Feb 25, 2015 6:54 PM
Jan 2015
Omg I loved dengeki daisy lol
Feb 26, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2012
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
Noein
Dennou Coil
Moyashimon
Hataraki Man
Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo
Usagi Drop
Kurenai
Oh! Edo Rocket
Jun 8, 2015 9:45 PM
Jun 2015
Hi am looking for an anime where a girl who is strong and is the main character is in high school and a playboy rich kid who she hates at first falls for her and is awful to everyother person but her
Mantas that I've read like this are
Maid sama
Suki desu Suzuki-kun
Moe Kare
Jan 18, 2016 1:58 PM
Dec 2015
Late for the party...

Chihayafuru has many strong females...It is a sport's anime with a female protagonist.
There are many females with variation of character: the MC is clumsy and very unladylike. she is not that clever or smart, but she is strongminded, and she would do anything for her passion. She would practice all the time.
one is clever and cares for manners and is an old literature geek. She is gentle, but she is very strong-willed and intelligent. She can catch hints and she discovered something her whole club couldn't notice.
There are other female characters, such as the antagonist. She is the queen! There is also a coach (she is a side character). There are many girls in this anime.

But what makes it special is that the guys also have variations of personality, they are not wusses or idiots while the girl can kick them and send them flying and such; both guys and girls are on equal footing! They all have their flaws and their strong points.
Jan 18, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2015
Off the top of my head

Mirai Nikki is easily #1 for strong female lead also Fooly Cooly
Jul 10, 2017 8:49 AM
Feb 2017
nekota no koto ga ki ni natte shikatanai/Manga/ Ova
The World is still beautiful ( The heorine's lover is 2-4 younger) /Manga/Anime(12 eps)
Subaku no Harem/Manga
Akatsuki no Yona/Manga/Anime(27 eps)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
55 minutes ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

19 by WillGuabs »»
3 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

47 by BroDa2545 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.