Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2007 5:48 PM

Jul 2007
...about my (diminishing) love of anime. It used to be a lot more prominent that it is now, but I find myself missing it. He knows I read comics, but he doesn't know about the whole anime world and such. I think he'd probably make fun of it the same way my best friend did. Any advice on how to tell him?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 26, 2007 8:03 PM

Nov 2006
I think you should tell him in whatever fashion you feel comfortable with. In my opinion people can't tell you how to say something...they can give you suggestions...but in the end, you ought to do whatever makes you feel more comfortable. Besides, if this guy really likes you, then it won't matter to him. He should just see your fondness for anime as one more thing that makes you totally unique and awesome and will accept it without jokes or sarcasm or anything else that might be negative. And who knows? Maybe you'll be able to get him interested in anime! = )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2008 5:06 AM

Aug 2007
Yea you should tell him in the best way you can. He should understand, I mean my friends make fun of me but that's only cause they don't understand how cool anime is. I watch anime a lot but it's not something many people are into by me, but there's MAL and that's where I can freely talk about anime. But yea a lot of people do understand and I've gotten them into it. Everyone's different and like Anna said if this guy really likes you then you should definetely tell him.
Jan 8, 2008 2:59 PM

Jul 2007
Well, here we go!

I told him, and his exact words were, "If you like it, I want to find out everything I can about it."

I took him manga shopping with me, although I didn't get anything. I just showed him all the ones I've read. And that was it. He accepted it and moved on. :)

Jan 8, 2008 6:10 PM

Nov 2006
That's wonderful!! I'm really happy for you. Even from that one line I can tell that this guy is really sweet. If he accepts it just like that and is even willing to learn more about it...then this guys def sounds like a keeper. Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2007
annanick88 said:
That's wonderful!! I'm really happy for you. Even from that one line I can tell that this guy is really sweet. If he accepts it just like that and is even willing to learn more about it...then this guys def sounds like a keeper. Lol

Yes your so right that's great. He sounds really sweet and is definetely someone for you.
Jan 9, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2007
Angelkat said:
annanick88 said:

Yes your so right that's great. He sounds really sweet and is definetely someone for you.

Yes. And given my luck with guys, that makes me really happy. ^_^ I'll keep you posted, and I'll also take any suggestions on anime to introduce him too.

Jan 9, 2008 3:51 PM

Nov 2006
Anime suggestions for him...well he's a guy...so he most likely enjoys a lot of action and guns. Lol I would suggest Coyote Ragtime Show, Death Note (if he likes mysteries and suspense), FFVII Advent Children (it's not a show, but it's freakin' AWESOME movie), Gungrave, Peace Maker Kurogane, Trinity Blood, Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist probably wouldn't be a bad choice either. Most of those are short series, like no more than 30 episodes, and that's an easy way to get him started since it won't mean that he has to commit to watching a REALLY long series (like Naruto).
Jan 23, 2008 2:46 PM

Jul 2007
annanick88 said:
Anime suggestions for him...well he's a guy...so he most likely enjoys a lot of action and guns.

Believe it or not, he hates action movies. I had to fight him just to watch a little Walker, Texas Ranger once. O.o

Jan 23, 2008 3:35 PM

Nov 2006
Um...well then...you can just ignore EVERYTHING I said before. Lol What does he like then?
Jan 24, 2008 3:16 AM
Nov 2007
ok your boyfriend is so kawaii!XD
ayamechinJan 24, 2008 3:20 AM
Feb 6, 2008 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
annanick88 said:
Um...well then...you can just ignore EVERYTHING I said before. Lol What does he like then?

He likes anything funny. He's got five-year-old humor sometimes. O.o

Feb 7, 2008 8:09 AM

Apr 2007
I would suggest Lucky Star to him. He might like that one. ^_^ I found it very funny. Very cute too. Kona-chan is adorable lol.
Feb 7, 2008 6:33 PM

Nov 2006
Funny huh? Well, I don't know many animes that are comedy based...but I do a couple that have characters in it that are hilarious and the things they do are pretty funny. Lets see, La Corda d'Oro, Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist has some funny episodes, and so does Naruto.
Feb 27, 2008 8:08 AM

Jul 2007
He's watched Naruto with me before. He loses interest unless it's something TOTALLY off the wall. Then he'll laugh hysterically.

Aug 27, 2008 3:38 PM

Jul 2007
Just an update:

We broke up.

Not because of anime or anything. If you really want to know just message me. We just kind of fell apart.

But I still appreciate all the feedback from you guys. ^_^

Aug 28, 2008 2:56 PM

Nov 2006
SweetlyKaoru said:
Just an update:

We broke up.

Not because of anime or anything. If you really want to know just message me. We just kind of fell apart.

But I still appreciate all the feedback from you guys. ^_^

Oh man...I'm really sorry to hear that. = (
Sep 17, 2008 10:18 AM

Apr 2007
I'm very sorry to hear that as well. :( I hope things are going to be ok for you and him. As far as staying friends. I pray you don't fall apart as friends as well.
Nov 30, 2008 6:51 PM

Jul 2007
Oh we did fall apart as friends too. Oh well. Now I have more time to watch anime and pick up my sketchbook again.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Love is...

ivorykeys - Nov 4, 2007

9 by xtinkerbell »»
May 30, 2008 12:01 PM

» Love poems..

Aerineth - Dec 12, 2007

4 by Aerineth »»
Feb 23, 2008 12:46 PM

» just felt like share:P

ayamechin - Jan 24, 2008

3 by firedancer »»
Jan 31, 2008 5:56 AM

Poll: » Can Love Conquer All?

Angelkat - Oct 29, 2007

7 by WorldWide »»
Dec 5, 2007 4:59 AM

» L.I.F.E.

Angelkat - Oct 23, 2007

4 by Angelkat »»
Oct 24, 2007 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.