Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2009 6:54 PM
May 2009
Hey, for the one who didn't read the novel, at the end of Chapter one of the manga, there actually should be a speech from Prince before they declaring to create a legend.

I was really let down that the manga completely miss that out as that speech is what make Prince more lovable.

For the one who didn't start off the manga, please read chapter one before reading this:

You see why I said the manga shouldn't miss this part now right? XD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 14, 2009 7:11 PM

May 2009
Prince has a good taste for music,, bon jovi (L)
hahaha i like her speech, she surely is someone to be admired
she's really a legend
May 15, 2009 1:48 AM

Nov 2008
Yeh i liked that part a lot. Completely put all the feelings i feel normally in a nutshell. Did i ever say i can connect a lot with feng lan [except the gender bender part] and how she thinks?

p.s. i wonder I think the author forgot that no normal teen would remember a 100 year old song...
noobzillaMay 15, 2009 1:52 AM
May 15, 2009 1:52 AM

Nov 2008
me too, because I think lots of girls want to be like her, i mean exactly the part which she is saying... and I personally dont mind the gender bender part, I'd like to try it too...

May 15, 2009 1:54 AM

Nov 2008
her brother making her play games since he has no one to play with is my case too... 5-6 year old me playing super mario and contra 2 player with my older bro instead of playing barbie [i HATE barbie that stupid bimbo]. Oh that reminds me all you little ones probably don't know these VERY very old games
noobzillaMay 15, 2009 1:58 AM
May 15, 2009 11:10 AM

Feb 2009
No shit old lady... I played super mario (that makes me old man? xD)
I can understand Feng Lan feelings (I used term "Violent woman" few times, mainly after receving kick [kick from someone on high heels... it's different kind of pain]), but I actualy have more respect for girls that don't act "all innocent angel" like.
Ski.png
May 15, 2009 3:17 PM

May 2009
noobzilla said:
her brother making her play games since he has no one to play with is my case too... 5-6 year old me playing super mario and contra 2 player with my older bro instead of playing barbie [i HATE barbie that stupid bimbo]. Oh that reminds me all you little ones probably don't know these VERY very old games

when i was a child i was afraid of barbies and all sort of dolls D: (dont know why... but those human faces scared me xD)
i also played super mario, the oldest one.. but with my big sis and my cousin xD

coming back to the topic...
i think that, that things that Feng lan is saying of that girls always have to act (or at least herself) as if she were innocent just to others dont say that she is a "vulgar woman", maybe it's something more related to her country way of looking at woman..
because i have never seen a INNOCENT woman (that its not a little child) in my country xD
May 15, 2009 8:12 PM
Apr 2009
lolz barbies...I remember those xD especially when me and my cousin(who's a guy) shaved one of the barbies head one time...that was my sister's barbie too. After that incident we were banned from playing with barbies and scissors xDDD
May 15, 2009 11:41 PM

Nov 2008
I had barbie vs G.I Joe duels... even though the G.I action figures were smaller they shot barbies head off... uh imagine a screaming little girl after someone does that to their dollies.

and im not THAT old.. I'm 21 /cry
May 16, 2009 12:59 AM

Aug 2008
Ohohohooh and so I played Contra and Mario Bros. too... And MArio Kart and Joe and MAc... man I miss those games XD!!! My my I'm as old as you noobzie,.. Su dun worry... Both we, along with the thirties woman are probalby the oldest people in this club... I dun really worry thou.... Old lady.. LOLZ... Nice speech... Thought the same... how the hell a teenager of that age.... a century after the... well two in fact but the song is pretty recent :P... can remember such an old song,... maybe Bon Jovi became suddenly ultra famous and now everyone knows him... hardly... but that's a really cool song you know :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2009 1:33 AM

Nov 2008
Hey Im 21 too, soon 22, I also played Mario and what I played a lot was Prince of persia then quite long time nothing and then I played Duna 2000, I still have this game and I play it sometimes:)

May 16, 2009 3:48 AM

Feb 2009
Ok, ok Noobzie. What I meant to point out was not that I think you are old, but that some of those little ones DO know VERY very old games (and besides from chat I had here I think I'm the oldest guy here, so don't get that depressed xD). And so what you're older than me? I'll die before you, women live longer^^. And with this optimistical accent, I'll end.
Ski.png
May 16, 2009 4:28 AM

Nov 2008
Nah rebwaters is older than you. Lets not talk about age... i Don't wanna grow older anymore!! /cry /sniffle [i am still young mind you]

Ahem, after composing myself i shall say lets talk about the novel.. anyone else REALLY REALLY enjoy reading bout prince's insane moves?
May 16, 2009 8:52 PM

Dec 2008
swirly said:
lolz barbies...I remember those xD especially when me and my cousin(who's a guy) shaved one of the barbies head one time...that was my sister's barbie too. After that incident we were banned from playing with barbies and scissors xDDD

Haha! I remember when I was younger I was afraid and hated barbies so I burned it's hand in our barbecue griller and then pulled off it's legs, head, arms and threw it in the trash can. Haha! I was very violent when it came to dolls before. Haha! But not anymore since it's a waste of money.... xD
May 17, 2009 1:11 AM

Feb 2009
Well not actually with barbie, but with teddybear. I remember that my and my cousins favorite game was operation^^. We opened teddy, and made him an artifical bloodstream (or blood system, I seriously don't know how to put it in english). Eh, it was so long ago.....
Ski.png
May 17, 2009 11:57 PM

Dec 2008
T_T I feel bad for the teddy bears you operated on... T_T I have 5 teddy bears and I love them all! Haha! But I don't go to sleep with them though... They're just for display.. xD
May 18, 2009 5:13 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't leave them opened....
When I was a little kid I used teddy as a pillow^^. For display I have now just bought vol. 1 of Black Lagoon (they finaly licensed it in poland^^)
Ski.png
May 18, 2009 5:20 AM

Nov 2008
I don't have stuffed animals.... you see my parents thought it was better to buy me barbies than stuffed dollies... i so regret that now. I wanna fill up my bed with stuffed toys .... mutilated version to give that creepy horror movie feeling. [not really]

Btw how did Prince's big feminist speech turn into toys, old people and mutilated teddy bears? ... its weird how the topics bounce from one thing to another. I don't mind though. Carry on, lol
May 18, 2009 5:25 AM

Feb 2009
Isn't it? But thanks to such spin off's threads won't die too soon^^

So I assume you have a big bed? I had to choos bed that fited my needs (lenght), so I didn't have much choice xD (and there was time when I almost sleept on the books xD)
Ski.png
May 18, 2009 5:29 AM

Nov 2008
Yep double bed.. and i don't share; but i sleep like a log most of the time
May 18, 2009 5:33 AM

Feb 2009
It's nice. Thou I prefere mine over 2m long, steel framed (no seriously it was my choice) bed.
Ski.png
May 19, 2009 8:00 AM
Apr 2009
Amazing speach! I love it! If I ever find a game like second life I will become a great female warrior! I will not hide behind some man and be forced to pretend I am all innoccent and stuff! I will be a warrior!... But maybe I wont smile when I cut some guy up and have their blood all over me... Unless I REALLY hate the guy XD Muahahaha!
May 19, 2009 8:59 AM

Feb 2009
All pleasure is in being mage/warlock. Make bigass fireball explode in you're enemy guts. Yesssss, die with a bang^^.
Ski.png
May 19, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
noobzilla said:
Yep double bed.. and i don't share; but i sleep like a log most of the time
My gosh!!! So I do... Lol.... You never know when you'll not be able to sleep well one of this days right? Hahahaha... Enjoy the pleasure of sleeping... YAY!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2009 5:50 AM

Nov 2008
Yes sleeping owns, you see all these interesting dreams, i don't mean perverted, just interesting, usually derived from the 100s of fictions i have read. If i could only remember them after i wake up then i'd make a great novelist i bet haha
May 27, 2009 2:31 AM

May 2009
Really intresting how the topic chance

From 1/2 over barbies and Teddies XD

I sad too, that the part was leaved out in the manuha.
But I wounder, that they still know this song^^
Aug 11, 2009 8:20 PM
Aug 2009
i think the translators posted a page of that speech and that's what drove me to read the novel. :)

omg when i read the stuff about Street Fighter in the novel. I laughed my head off!!! I never really played video games (i blame my parents for wanting me to "concentrate on school" at a young age), but i still knew about that game.

wait... on the topic on her knowing Bon Jovi, why were they playing street fighter?? i rarely see people play it nowadays (but it's always funny to see someone playing it again). I doubt Street Fighter to still survive after 100 years.... unless they make a remake or something lol.
Sep 6, 2009 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
Its probably a remake and Bon jovi became a "classic" 100 years from now. Oh and i'm glad people are reading the novel due to the novel bits we put in the scans ^.^
Sep 6, 2009 9:33 AM
Jan 2009
That was really nice part that the manga missed out on. It explains how Xiao Lan wants to become a guy in Second Life than just a shallow reason on how she wants to beat her brother.
Nov 22, 2009 10:48 PM
Nov 2009
This is really why it's a toss-up between the manga and the novel.
Manga - you get to visually see the characters
Novel - There is more background and it is more clearly written (I think) ;)
Jun 30, 2010 10:10 PM

Dec 2008
Thankz for putting the novel bits in the scans :3 i started reading the novel and all that and I luvs it xxDD

<Was reading through the posts: Owo? nice conversations lolz xD Woulda liked to join in on that haha>

I luv both the manga and the novel though... I wish I could help >.< <me: no idea how to do any of that stuff.... *sigh*>
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 )

noobzilla - Apr 23, 2009

166 by saberine »»
Apr 13, 2020 5:17 AM

Sticky: » Get Your Member Cards ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kiaspa - May 30, 2009

247 by kotohapw »»
Jun 16, 2016 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hottness of Characters in 1/2 Prince

Ski - Apr 25, 2009

35 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:51 AM

» Cry about waiting for releases! ( 1 2 )

noobzilla - May 3, 2009

55 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:50 AM

» *HOT HOT* 1/2 Prince Official Illustration Artbook

BlackSakura - Sep 20, 2009

8 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.