Forums
New
So how do you like the series?
May 1, 2009 7:12 PM

Aug 2007

Anime

Episodes: 38
Synopsis:

Her magic is unexplainable and spinning out of control. Darkness hid the pieces of her beloved's shattered heart and time's running out for Princess Tutu to find them. Using the power of an enchanted amulet, she must uncover the mystery and keep herself and the Prince alive. 13-year-old ballet student Ahiru is clumsy, good-hearted and sweet... and has a big secret. The mysterious Drosselmayer morphed a young duck into a girl to give her a mission: help a Prince to get the parts of his heart back. With that in mind, she morphs into Princess Tutu, whose magical dances ease the pain and purifies the bad feelings.

Manga

Volumes: 2
Synopsis:

13-year-old ballet student Ahiru is clumsy, good-hearted and sweet... and has a big secret. The mysterious Drosselmayer morphed a young duck into a girl to give her a mission: help a Prince to get the parts of his heart back. With that in mind, she morphs into Princess Tutu, whose magical dances ease the pain and purifies the bad feelings. (Source: ANN)

Other:

~Princess Tutu Specials - 3 Episodes

• Both Tutu and Kraehe's outfits are based on Swan Lake's Odette and Odile. -ANN
  • Many Fans get confused by the number of episodes in this series. The Japanese version contains 38 episodes, because the second season was divided into 15 minute acts instead of 30 minute broadcast, While in the English dub there are only 26 episodes. ADV combound the 15 minute acts into actual episodes. -ANN
  • Differences in manga adaptation:
    The manga shares similarities with the anime, although some elements are different. Drosselmeyer is absent in the manga, with Edel taking his place. Edel herself is also drastically changed and is the one who initially gives Ahiru her pendant. The manga also gives a different ending to the story. -absoluteastronomy.com

Profile Images:

AaranaJun 2, 2009 1:30 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 2, 2009 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
I love this anime! Although the ending was slightly disappointing, it's still one of my favorites!
May 3, 2009 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
This is my favorite anime and it came at a time when my interest in anime (and manga kinda) was at a low. I remember desperately trying to get both raws and subs of it on Winny at first, but now that it is licensed (very surprising), I own some lovely DVDs.

There's a lot of development in the overall story and characters throughout the series. I liked the ending too, in a way. It seemed fitting. Overall, I thought the story was well written and I liked the "frame story" setup with Drosselmeyer.

This is also the anime that put Sakurai Takahiro on my "map." I heard him before, but his role as Fakir is one of the best. :) Partially due to this and his massive character development, Fakir is my favorite character and even earned a "favorite character" slot here.
May 8, 2009 7:43 AM

May 2009
princess tutu was a lovely anime i loved the characters and the music was just delightful ^.^
May 8, 2009 9:25 AM

Jun 2008
Woo-hoo, love the anime!! Sorry, but I can't read what the pole says... ^_^;
May 8, 2009 1:10 PM

Nov 2008
I have to say though, the manga was dreadful compared to the anime.
May 8, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
OMG, I don't even know why that manga exists. It inspired me to create a 'crap' tag in my manga list. ;-p
May 10, 2009 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
shinkeikaku said:
OMG, I don't even know why that manga exists. It inspired me to create a 'crap' tag in my manga list. ;-p

Haaaaahaaaa

I actually hate the anime personally. Ending spoilers!!

May 11, 2009 12:58 PM

Nov 2008
Aarana said:
shinkeikaku said:

Haaaaahaaaa

May 11, 2009 2:25 PM

Aug 2007
ReikoHime said:
Aarana said:
shinkeikaku said:

Haaaaahaaaa

I totally agree!! I heard the manga is just like that though. Cut out the last ep and there you go :)

May 12, 2009 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Wow so the manga is really that bad eh? Guess I should feel lucky that I have only seen the anime series itself.
Jun 8, 2010 8:05 PM

Feb 2010
The anime is SPECTACULAR!! I gave it a 10/10 and that's rare. Beautiful story!
Oct 26, 2010 3:45 AM

Jun 2008
Though I was reluctant to watch it, I started.
Though it seems simple and childish, it have something that makes me watch it.
Anyway I like it ^^

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Worst Magical Girl

Aarana - Oct 23, 2008

24 by RADlCALS »»
Jan 6, 2021 9:04 AM

» Princess Tutu: Ahiru & Fakir

BluEsMuSic-Box - Nov 10, 2008

13 by GammyGal »»
Jul 11, 2014 7:10 PM

» Favorite Underrated Couples?

Retro8bit - Apr 5, 2009

10 by Jason546 »»
Apr 4, 2013 7:02 PM

» Favorite Pairing

Aarana - Oct 27, 2008

21 by Jason546 »»
Apr 4, 2013 7:00 PM

Sticky: Poll: » MGRotM (June): Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne

Aarana - Jun 2, 2009

11 by Aarana »»
Jun 10, 2010 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.