Are you a Boy or Girl?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 27, 2009 10:09 AM

Feb 2008
more observent then me then.
Apr 28, 2009 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
Well I actually read shoujo a lot... and action scenes are not all that alien to the genre, if you really think about it. Besides, the action scenes in 1/2 prince are not really comparable with say, something like Bleach, Naruto or Dragon Ball.

Even other mangas like Inuyasha (which I consider shoujo) can be heavier on fighting scenes. I say this because I'm the type of reader who gets easily fed-up with long fighting sequences, whereas 1/2 prince has never really made me skip pages just to get to the point where someone wins. In my perspective, the "gore" and blood of this series is sort of added to create a comical effect, more than just for the sake of having gore and blood.

About the love triangle thing... I guess that will scare most male readers away. I personally hope she stays oblivious until the very end and that it actually brings quite a lot more misunderstandings. And I hope there's no confusion period, that's just unnecessary sap.

Talking about sap (which might be unnecessary) anyone read Guy's side story? That was rather perturbing... and sweet... in an unsettling sort of way.

Ah, maybe I'm just saying silly things... sorry for the long post
Apr 28, 2009 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
meh i'll stop thinking bout it, both guys and girls enjoy it, where as a typical shoujo like Vampire Knight would scare away guys on the very first few pages....
Apr 28, 2009 8:29 AM

Feb 2008
I love how there are three people undecided about their gender.

klaudiviris said:

I'm in agreement with this understanding of this manga. I've read some shojo stories, I'm not afraid to call myself a shojo-con either, but I suppose I haven't read as much as the next shojo-con.

Anyway I believe 1/2 prince is shonen no shojo, basically, action come romance-comedy... I prefer romance-comedy to action, and I have seen a lot of action movies, anime and manga... this is like, just enough action to not be completely actiony and just enough shojo to be slightly repellent, but still worth the read.

*goes to look at first few pages of Vampire knight*

Vampire knight is now added to my list, ... I'll have further comment later.
noobzillaApr 28, 2009 1:20 PM
Apr 28, 2009 10:17 AM

Apr 2009
LonerGoth said:

*goes to look at first few pages of Vampire knight*

Vampire knight is now added to my list, ... I'll have further comment later.

Ah, I tried Vampire Knight too... I regretted it, to tell the truth. There's just so much sap as I can take. It started out as something nice to pass the time. Now I just want it to end: such boring sap dragging on and on.

Then again, I'm really not cut-out to be a vampire story reader.
Apr 28, 2009 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
I belive first shojo I read was VK xD, I also sugessted it to my friend (girl, there's no guys that I know that read manga) as something good to read. Also I love vampires and elfs (and suprisingly it's not because of long/eternal life or beauty), so I'm always on search for storys with them (if you know some give me notice^^).

I'm really bad at discerning the gener so I read everything^^ yeah I know good for me.
Ski.png
Apr 28, 2009 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
*chokes at the mention of VK*
/weakly whimpers: "furuba ftw"

Anyway, the video game aspect is I think what most draws me to 1/2 Prince. (well and the gender-bender/yaoi aspect but hey) Even though I'm not super big with video games, I play enough, and I've always found it a really interesting idea for manga. I think I'll go off to that new recomendations thread and blab for paragraphs about my obsession with them.

In completely unrelated news, chibisuke, you're a girl? D:? Bu-but, isn't suke is..a...... huh??? I'm confuse???
/coincidentally I call my best guy friend (not bf mind you) chibisuke. small world ._.

In more unrelated news, what drugs did I take in the last minute to get me this hyper? I seem hyper right? I guess I'm just excited to learn more about the people at mal? *nods* I guess that's it. Have more fun being a trap.
Apr 28, 2009 9:34 PM

Nov 2008
I still don't get what you mean by trap :S , u seem fine to me... so far... a little hyper mind you.... :S
Apr 28, 2009 9:40 PM

Jan 2009
noobzilla said:
I still don't get what you mean by trap :S , u seem fine to me... so far... a little hyper mind you.... :S

Yeah, I think I mentioned something about the hyper... more than once <.<

And. . . really I would tell you, I have no problems hiding it or telling it, except it's so much more fun to let everyone assume they understand it, and then reveal the trap only at the last minute. >.> Even the name, I can't explain since it was originally a friend who was using it in reference to himself, and I simply know what he meant, rather than actually having it explained. Suffice it to say, I'm really bored, and random trap making is quite fun, if completely unintentional (I just do it by nature. Same with my friend as well, but I digress. again.) If we chat much, much more, I'll tell you all about it :) Because then it's more fun.
/is really quite bored today >.< nothing to do.... grr.
Apr 28, 2009 9:45 PM

Nov 2008
Trap making.... are u sure this isn't an exaggeration?
Apr 28, 2009 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
Um, ahh, nooo, it's like I said, my friend came up with the term, it's not totally accurate. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining. >///<

Also, how. on earth. did you get 2 new people at the same time in like 30 seconds I refreshed the page and there. o.0
Apr 28, 2009 9:57 PM

Nov 2008
No idea... .......... seriously last week when i just opened the club.. there were like 10 people withing 30 seconds sometimes...
Apr 28, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
noobzilla said:
No idea... .......... seriously last week when i just opened the club.. there were like 10 people withing 30 seconds sometimes...

It's so weird when mangas supposedly much more popular, have clubs with like 10 members ._. what is it about this club that's so special? >.> cool
Apr 29, 2009 12:35 AM

Apr 2009
evilcheeser said:

It's so weird when mangas supposedly much more popular, have clubs with like 10 members ._. what is it about this club that's so special? >.> cool

It's because we're the cool guys around here *nod, nod*.

(lol!)
Apr 29, 2009 12:37 AM

Nov 2008
yes that, and we don't have many Fan clubs for 1/2 ouji... so fans kind of gather here - oh 20% guys.. the figures aren't so bad! . There are probably more.. they are hiding...
noobzillaApr 29, 2009 1:40 AM
Apr 29, 2009 5:26 AM

Dec 2008
Maybe you guys should create a new thread and name it "Random Stuff" Hahaha! I just noticed that you guys go from one topic to another and sometimes completely jump away from the topic the thread is supposed to be about. Hahahahahahaha! I had fun reading all your conversations though! Hahahahahhaaha! (Does that make me an eavesdropper even though the conversation is public? Hmmm...)
Apr 29, 2009 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
Eavesdropper? nono, im pretty sure people write here knowing it will be read by loads of people ;P. Anyways.. go make your guy friends read 1/2 ouji!
Apr 30, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
And looks like the mission to bring some guy friends to the club and read 1/2 Ouji is apparently successful :P... I'm a boy... biologically speaking... and 30% Girl 70% Boy mentally speaking (bear with me... having lots of best gal friends made the one I am :P)

Definitely I dun care about the genre... I'm just a berserk manga otaku that eats everything that's in front of my eyes I dun care for the demographics of this manga... the point is that it entertains me and that's what is it for... So I'm happy with it :D

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 12:34 AM

Feb 2009
At last I found someone with the same point of view^^, normaly my mental procentage is around 90%boy 10%girl, but if I try I can change it to 60%boy 40%girl^^(but I usually don't do that, I mean imagine almost 2m guy looking at the cat and saying "Nyah~ So cuuuute")
So no worries there are ppl that are harder to bear with than you
Ski.png
May 1, 2009 12:37 AM

Nov 2008
this is amusing... i usually think guys being able to accept your feminine side, means your are comfortable with your masculinity ;).
May 1, 2009 12:45 AM

Feb 2009
Well most of the time (except the moments I hit my head in the bus, then I wish I were a bit smaller xD)
Ski.png
May 1, 2009 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
Ski said:
Well most of the time (except the moments I hit my head in the bus, then I wish I were a bit smaller xD)
Lol I wish I were taller sometimes XD---- I'm around 1.65 m :P... something like 5'6"... somewhat small for a guy :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
Well I'm 196 cm (200 with hair^^). Belive me bus+being tall= head injury, and if you have poor reflexes it can be quite serious.

But I can see your point.
Ski.png
May 1, 2009 11:04 PM

Nov 2008
Hey wait do you have low ceiling buses or is the rods that people hold onto the thing that you hit you head to?
May 2, 2009 1:23 AM

Feb 2009
Both... But celling that can actualy hit me is on the rear so mostly rods (in the middle of the forehead...)
Ski.png
May 2, 2009 5:20 AM

Apr 2009
rebwaters said:
Lol I wish I were taller sometimes XD---- I'm around 1.65 m :P... something like 5'6"... somewhat small for a guy :P

Signs,
Green
You're still taller than me, though ^^

I'm sort of proud of the fact I'll never have troubles dating someone smaller than me, because there is nobody like that! Unless they're 8 year old or younger...
May 3, 2009 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
Ehh, lucky, klaudivris O_O I wish I was shorter too, since it's too hard to find guys taller than me *tch* stupid extra tallness, makes me look cool, when I wish I was cute instead.
Hmm, for me, I'd think I was around 60% girl, 40% guy mentally. Probably something like that. But I haven't thought about it too much <.< could be 70-30, but I think 60-40 is probably closer.
May 4, 2009 1:41 AM

Feb 2009
Hmm, I remembered about a girl in my class, back in the middle school. She was almost as tall as I was (I know middle school but back then I were almost 180cm tall... er actually at the end of the third year I made over 180....). Ughh thinking about my growth rate makes my joints hurt.
Ski.png
May 4, 2009 1:59 AM

Nov 2008
boohoo im only 163 cm, although that's a pretty average height in terms of "world". But im on the taller side where i live .. i actually wanted to be taller.... although im a girl i'd prefer to be the tall kind of beauty over being small and cute
May 4, 2009 5:12 AM

Dec 2008
I'm only 5'3 1/2 and still growing... (I'm only turning 13 on July 7) (I love milk too!)And that's a problem since I live in the Philippines where most guys aren't that tall unless they have foreign blood in them... But I still want to be taller... Like maybe a nice 5'6 1/2.... XD I hope that I could grow 3 inches in 5 years!
May 4, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
zilla's so lucky to be the type you want. sadly, I'm anything but >.> yeah, for me I'm pretty much the opposite of what I'd like to be. /is, for record, about 184cm. but then, I already guessed that no one knows what I look like.
/doesn't look predictable like I act ._. it's cus my heart really seems to belong in another body. :\ ah well, I take what I can get.
May 4, 2009 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
183 cm, thats 6 feet right? hmm tall. I donno if you are a girl or boy.... but if you are a girl thats REALLY tall!
noobzillaMay 4, 2009 2:27 PM
May 4, 2009 2:30 PM

Jan 2009
ah, so, and I thought I made this clear: I'm a trap (though, then again, I was being vague again. bad habit, that.) Everyone says so. From the way I act, no matter what I tell people, in the end it always ends up where 50% think I'm a guy and 50% think I'm a girl <.< so I gave up trying to tell people directly, and take pleasure in making them guess for themselves, before revealing at last with a big FWOOSH noise and then they actually believe me once they know me better, and realize I can never lie to a direct question <.< That's usually why I end up being vague, is to stop myself from giving away way too much information since I can't lie *nods*
/is reminding of being added to a gender-bender group because of it <.< I couldn't deny it either, somehow it always ends up both ways.

O_O I wrote a lot. again. ah well.
May 4, 2009 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
I won't ask... no... i won't............. no i don't wanna know.... no ... ofcourse not... never... uh... so... well anyways.... i'd rather not ask people what their gender is directly...
May 4, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
noobzilla said:
I won't ask... no... i won't............. no i don't wanna know.... no ... ofcourse not... never... uh... so... well anyways.... i'd rather not ask people what their gender is directly...

i see i see. Well, it's not like I really mind, but it's two-sided. On one hand, I ought to be open about it, but on the other hand it makes me hated by some people, so >.> (I'm being vague again, aren't I?) yeah, basically I think it's best to test out the forum for a bit first to make sure little ol' insane me can handle it.
/wonders if anyone else becomes annoyed with the lack of good social bonding in MAL, since all the topics are on such specific things >.> omf is so much freer. Wow, that's a weird word o.0 *cough* sorry, getting sidetracked again. <.<
May 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Nevermind me ^^, anyways I got my brother to read it.. and he's a "only read shounen mangas like bleach and naruto" type... and he likes 1/2 ouji. Hoho... this means 1/2 Ouji should be good enough for most shounen hard nuts
May 5, 2009 12:43 AM

Feb 2009
That's good news Noobz^^

Oh, evilcheeser. Never ever tell me that you have some weakness, coz u see I'm somewhere close to Maryia form Maria+Holic (not in crossdressing, in sadism^^). And now it takes quite a bit of effort not to ask you directly^^.

But oh well I'm pretty sure that 184cm is your dream,that could suggest male, but heh girl that want to play basketball could have similar dream, so it's not 100% sure^^. But then again me thinking, you dream of being 184cm tall may be wrong and that would suggest you're girl, or a guy that dreams of work in cramped place^^. Anyway, you saying you're a trap is 100% corect, cause you're every sentence can be seen from differently. I guess that took a bit of time to develop such way of thinking, but mark my words it may be troublesom for you in the future.... AAAAmen.
Ski.png
May 5, 2009 12:59 AM

Nov 2008
yes it is confusing as well, the way he writes. But anyways...
May 5, 2009 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
/ignores noobz because I'm not quite sure if she's talking about me, especially with the masculine pronoun. and cus ski's a bit less confusing than me. . . I think?
Ski said:
Oh, evilcheeser. Never ever tell me that you have some weakness, coz u see I'm somewhere close to Maryia form Maria+Holic (not in cross-dressing, in sadism^^). And now it takes quite a bit of effort not to ask you directly^^.

But oh well I'm pretty sure that 184cm is your dream,that could suggest male, but heh girl that want to play basketball could have similar dream, so it's not 100% sure^^. But then again me thinking, you dream of being 184cm tall may be wrong and that would suggest you're girl, or a guy that dreams of work in cramped place^^. Anyway, you saying you're a trap is 100% correct, cause you're every sentence can be seen from differently. I guess that took a bit of time to develop such way of thinking, but mark my words it may be troublesome for you in the future.... AAAAmen.

(no, in cross-dressing really :'D) And any weaknesses of mine fall into two categories: things that will probably kill me/get me killed, and things that I hate about myself. ._. so I'm not sure what you'd use against me as far as "sadism" goes.

And you misunderstand, I WISH I was around 150cm or perhaps just a bit under. I AM 184 cm tall. It's really tall, I know, though at my school there are a number of both guys and girls taller than I. <.< But I'm up there anyway. And also, yes, now you understand :) I am very much a trap, I try to warn people, but *shrug* no use. It's because 1. I tend to slip into omf-talk, which is very confusing. ("/slips" would mean "I slip" for example. but that's closer to standard than some of them ._.) and 2. I suffer from extreme personality/mood swings. (I've begun suspecting, though not completely confirmed yet, that I have another personality, long long story, I call him (for he is a he) Clive. He's asexual and really really scary if you're expecting the usual me (who I've named reseeh only for purposes of telling the two apart) since he's quite easily angered, and very protective. (kudos to those who got the name, yes I've been using it for years, that's where it came from.)

SO now you all know a bit more about me :) I'm feeling mellow today instead of hyper, like when I'm usually here.
/ O: wow. I wrote a LOT <.<
May 5, 2009 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
no no you don't get to ignore me, i meant to write "the person" instead of a pronoun... but then if u have/pretend to have a male dual personality... calling you a he doesn't really matter.... ah yeh does clive go around killing people like Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai?
May 6, 2009 7:13 AM

Feb 2009
You are lucky if you have just one bonus personality^^. I can use anything and everything to teas ppl... It's like a habit of mine, I just can't control it when talking and it takes lot of effort to block it while writing. Consider yourself lucky^^.

Belive me hairy, big guy trying to cross-dress.... Not gonna work xD. And from what I heard from my friends I would do good as a singer in metal band, probably death metal.

Well as for my weaknesses they divide in ones that make ppl hate me, and ones that make ppl want to kill me (I'm that good at teasing ppl^^)

P.S. I'm trying to read Dragon Ball now so I'll show up less^^ But no worries "I'll Be Back"
Ski.png
May 6, 2009 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
noobzilla said:
no no you don't get to ignore me, i meant to write "the person" instead of a pronoun... but then if u have/pretend to have a male dual personality... calling you a he doesn't really matter.... ah yeh does clive go around killing people like Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai?

oic so you meant me after all :p
and yes, that's because of the hyper-ness. I tend to come here at my most active time of day, so I"m often quite hyper. Later on in the day, I'm much more calm and reserved and I tend to make much more sense and almost never talk at all (rather than rambling on and on and on) I call it my "food cycle" (because it's all interrelated with my eating habits) and yeah, basically <.<

Clive doesn't go around doing any such thing D:< Although, you see, reseeh is a pacifist, and doesn't believe in violence. However, I am also very weak (not in physical strength, but in emotional strength) and as a fairly young child, I was bullied a lot, so I built up another personality to show to the outside world, which I did nearly every minute of my life for about 5 years. The only question to me in if Clive is really a split personality is if I can forcibly push out of that personality, and back to my dominant one, which would sort of make it simply a mask I wear almost all the time (though, these days it's only about 1/10 of the time), or if I can't control when he's out, which would make it a true split personality.
/wrote a lot. again O_O
May 8, 2009 11:58 PM

May 2009
Boy (your vote) 18 18.75%
Girl 75 78.13%
.../unknown/undecided 3 3.13%

OH CMON... we need more boys... but on the other side there is GOOD parts of girls more then boys ratio *dirty thoughts*....
i bet you all now what I'm thinking
~working on it~
May 9, 2009 4:23 AM

Nov 2008
hmm for boys its here like harem:D too bad that you dont know how we look like, maybe we are all ugly girls:D

May 9, 2009 4:26 AM

Feb 2009
evilcheeser said:

Clive doesn't go around doing any such thing D:< Although, you see, reseeh is a pacifist, and doesn't believe in violence. However, I am also very weak (not in physical strength, but in emotional strength) and as a fairly young child, I was bullied a lot, so I built up another personality to show to the outside world, which I did nearly every minute of my life for about 5 years. The only question to me in if Clive is really a split personality is if I can forcibly push out of that personality, and back to my dominant one, which would sort of make it simply a mask I wear almost all the time (though, these days it's only about 1/10 of the time), or if I can't control when he's out, which would make it a true split personality.
/wrote a lot. again O_O

I've been bullied too... I've been quite and shy kid, but also quite big (and that's why I've been bullied). And that original personality is almost gone, you could say that the split personality took over. But before I took over er.... myself? I've got quite pissed of by that constant bullying and developed a third personality, and this guy I don't want ever to get out (seeing as he came to life thanks to my destructive impulses...). Each guy has his own name, likes and dislikes, even the favorite band xD. Guess sooner or later I'll have to see a doctor xD.

SoulWeaver, man how old are you to have dirty thoughts only thanks to ratio xD? (Not that I can't see where it comes from)
Ski.png
May 9, 2009 4:55 AM

May 2009
Ski said:

SoulWeaver, man how old are you to have dirty thoughts only thanks to ratio xD? (Not that I can't see where it comes from)

13 going to 14... Yes i know im perverted for my age <.<
~working on it~
May 9, 2009 5:34 AM

Feb 2009
No you're not^^ Ohh, dear me when I was you're age... xD. Geez I feel old.
Ski.png
May 9, 2009 5:59 AM

May 2009
Ski said:
No you're not^^ Ohh, dear me when I was you're age... xD. Geez I feel old.

xDD

but seriously the number of girls to guys ratio reminds me of my home room... Eh the only good thing about school.
~working on it~
May 9, 2009 6:07 AM

Feb 2009
You're not the only one xD 1 to 3 for me. Ehh, such ratios remind me of an old polish film....(nvm you won't get what I'm talking about)
Ski.png
May 9, 2009 6:42 AM

Nov 2008
Adding to the overwhelming majority here. :P
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 )

noobzilla - Apr 23, 2009

166 by saberine »»
Apr 13, 2020 5:17 AM

Sticky: » Get Your Member Cards ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kiaspa - May 30, 2009

247 by kotohapw »»
Jun 16, 2016 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hottness of Characters in 1/2 Prince

Ski - Apr 25, 2009

35 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:51 AM

» Cry about waiting for releases! ( 1 2 )

noobzilla - May 3, 2009

55 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:50 AM

» *HOT HOT* 1/2 Prince Official Illustration Artbook

BlackSakura - Sep 20, 2009

8 by blue-y »»
Sep 2, 2012 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.