Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Question(s):

How open you about watching anime or/and reading manga?
How many people have you told? Are there any family members?

Me:
I'm not hiding anything but it's not like I'm going out and telling everyone about it.
I visit anime related pages on schools computers without hiding it..nuf said.

I think I have told 6 people now since I actually told to my imouto today. Cheers.

Edit: These days the number has doubled and may be over it.

bonus:
the thing with my imouto went like this in short:
I said 'it' when I came home. She thew me Fruit basket manga and we chatted for a littlewhile. I actually didn't realize that she was somewhat into manga/anime few years back. And now I'm planning with conspiracy what anime I should make her watch.
AsajJun 12, 2014 8:42 PM
This is Kuma-san ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ/
He often hangs around with me, so say "Hi!" to him too.

connected ties cannot be cut
not without paying an equal price

Watanuki, Kimihiro - xxxHolic: Rei
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 13, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
I told allot of people
Issa
Jan 13, 2014 7:35 AM
Nov 2012
My parents still don't know I'm watching anime. They might not allow me to watch. I always use mobile phone to watch or read manga so, nobody knows... At school, there is only one person knows that I'm watching anime but he not an otaku. He like to talk about Yaoi stuff(something like that...) So, every time I went to school, it is very boring to sit down in the classroom and listen to peoples talking about nonsense things.

That is my life.
“Townsperson B has its own kind of awesomeness” — Shōyō Hinata
Jan 13, 2014 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
Ginjiro-kun said:
My parents still don't know I'm watching anime. They might not allow me to watch. I always use mobile phone to watch or read manga so, nobody knows... At school, there is only one person knows that I'm watching anime but he not an otaku. He like to talk about Yaoi stuff(something like that...) So, every time I went to school, it is very boring to sit down in the classroom and listen to peoples talking about nonsense things.

That is my life.

is your friend gay?
Jan 13, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2013
Just about everyone I know is aware I watch anime. It's a huge part of who I am. I don't tell my parents about all the inappropriate shit that happens in them, but I think they've figured it out ever since I brought home a daimakura. xD
"Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you can't act stupid."

Jan 13, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
Just about everyone who knows me is aware of my love for anime. I've been watching anime since I was pretty young, and I have never hid it from anyone. There have been a few social rebukes over my interest, but those people were quickly removed from my life. I don't live within the social confines set by others in society, and neither should any of you. Be who you are, love what you love, and if anyone has a problem with that, you don't need to associate with them any longer.
Jan 13, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Heh, I watch anime at school, so everyone knows :-D
No one really cares, though, and I get along with most of my grade XD
Jan 14, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
All my friends in school is know that i watch anime but they don't really know that i'm an otaku or anime lover. My family know too but they don't really care what i watching :) (i'm very grateful with this)
Oh yes, and there is one neighbor beside my house knows i watch anime a lot hehe
Jan 17, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
Eh, I think everyone who knows me and is close to me knows that I'm addicted to anime. I'm so open about it that it's in my blog and other SNS; my parents know about it and that they often scold me as watching anime is what I do best during weekends.
Jan 17, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
everyone who is close to me knows i watch anime.
I often watch anime at my college.
Jan 17, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
Ginjiro-kun said:

That is my life.

Same here... Except the yaoi part <.< >.>
Aaaanyways, life here in Serbia is mostly... Boring.
Only a very few of my friends know I watch anime (not like there are many people here doing it).
Most of my friends don't know English very well and therefor they don't watch anime.
Gravity

I wanted you to be the last thing on my mind
I wanted you to be the reason i close my eyes
But I can't sleep
And oh God I wanted to be your high
But everything I said it went unheard
And everything you saw with eyes straight blurred
Became our downfall
Jan 17, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
They already know about it so doesn't matter~
Club Badges - RACE -- TCO -- MT -- DAGC -- II

Jan 18, 2014 7:00 PM
Jan 2014
well.... in india anime is cartoon,atleast where i live :( those who watch anime are kids.Even my family thinks its pathetic for 18 year old to watch anime.my friends are also like " haha you still watch the dbz cartoon lol " grrrrrr.. but i smoke weed and drink with them,so it doesn't matter :P
Jan 19, 2014 2:27 AM

Jan 2014
I don't go around telling people, it's just rather convenient that my circle group of friends, either know about Anime, or watch it themselves.
Feb 15, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
I don't outright tell anyone. All of my friends have made fun of it at some point fairly harshly, other than one. That guy got me into anime, but that's irrelevant. The others don't like anime, even thought some of them have tried some and liked it.

Like, one of them watched Death Note, liked it, but holds himself back from watching anime since.
Another watched Bleach, liked it, but refuses to watch any further.
The other watched some Fullmetal Alchemist, loved it, but refused to watch anything as-well~

They're all too caught up in trying to be "cool", so they don't try different things. Telling them I watch anime a lot wouldn't help anywhere, so I don't tell. However, one of my friends subscribed to my anime-related YouTube channel and now knows everything (happened four days ago). Been doing a ton of college work, so I haven't seen him during that time, but he's surely going to go on and on about this~
Mar 24, 2014 10:35 PM

Dec 2013
Only my family & 2 of my friends know I watch anime. My friends don't know I am obsessed though. They only know I watched Attack on Titan because they only watched that. I also accidentally sometimes sing songs like OP ED Character songs and vocaloid songs out loud though. Hopefully noone realized XD.
Mar 24, 2014 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
Everyone, because im talking about anime, manga all the time xD
set made by me :D
Mar 25, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm... How should I break it down to sentence?
I'm quite open with all of this manga and anime thing to my friend and my family because I juz can't help it. So, my family know it and lot of friends who same age with me too. Even my teacher knew it! Here, anime is also considered as cartoon, yeah for kiddo. But who cares? Once they immersed( or maybe just watch, immerse is kinda hardcore) to anime, they themselves differ them. Cartoon are like simple animation for teaching baby. But anime is... they have good storyline. I really like the idealogy that being brought forth. You can say i love plot twist! But as long as you got good great grades in your studies(not showing off here), eventually people will be getting along with you

ReadOne_97Mar 25, 2014 6:42 PM
WE SHOULD ALL GET ALONG~!

>:3
Mar 25, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2013

I'll watch anything with an exception series that contains hentai or yaoi. I'm the kind of person when I think it's really good I'll marathon it. Sometimes I drop a series even though it might be good, likewise this will be because I dislike the story, or I gave it a try and I don't really think it's worth continuing watching.

My brother, sometimes he even gives me good recommendations, my parents know but have nothing against it as long I don't forget my school stuff. (Although they keep bugging me to go outside though and play sports like I used to) Any of my acquaintances don't know about it or so I think, I'm anti-social outside so no I don't tell anybody really. In fact I go to library every time it's launch in school.
Mar 25, 2014 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
Well, my family and my circle of friends knows that I watch anime and read manga but I'm not that open to watch anime WITH my family or my friends because occasionally, there are those kinds of scenes in anime which is very embarrassing and most of the time, those kinds of scenes usually pop up whenever I'm watching anime with my family and when I'm watching anime alone, those scenes didn't come up, which is pretty weird and so, I'd rather watch anime alone ;D
Well, I don't really tell anyone that I'm watching anime and read manga but since I do have a family member that likes anime, which is my brother, he always recommends me to watch this anime, that anime and so on and you know what? The anime that he's watching is pretty cool and I began to understand why people said that Kuroko no Basuke and Shingeki no Kyojin are awesome animes :D
"Can you cook books and feed them to your husband?" Jeremiah, Nervous Conditions
Mar 25, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
My family, former class/batchmates, close friends, extended family and relatives know my interest in anime & manga, but they don't question me why. It's a personal enjoyment and thankfully they don't regard it as something ill, Unless told/heard stories otherwise. My swirling aura for all things otaku related will only be spotted by the fellow otakus. The common men of the world will discern me as weird however, I care not in the slightest. (ノ´ー`)ノ

In response to:
Asaj said:
Question(s):

Mar 25, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
I'm open to selective people. My parents don't now I love anime but me and my brothers enjoy it. Although, its only me who loves anime to this extent when compare with my brothers. Regarding friends, I don't have a "circle" wherein everyone likes anime. Even when I was still in high school I could only talk to a handful of people about anime and wear a different mask with my circle of friends. Currently in college, I know of some people with whom I can be open about it but still, I wear a different mask with my current circle. I think this is what drove me to MAL lol and I'm happy everyone here loves anime. I'd rather not waste my time explaining how meaningful anime is to people who would not give a sh*t about it.
Mar 26, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
I've got nothing to hide really. most of the people around me know I watch anime.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Mar 29, 2014 9:50 AM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
Hmmm, open, well I guess the people closest to me know that I am anime/manga obsessive. So much so that my step father tried to buy me a manga...He bought me Naruto #63..too bad I don't own the first 62 lolz O well he tried!

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Apr 19, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm... I only tell if someone asks. I think the chance someone asking me would be close to non-existent though. Except for other Otaku if ever a conversation goes there. All my close friends know since I watched in front of them every now and then. Most of my friends got influenced by me and started watching anime too. (Mostly Ecchi/Comedy/Drama genre since the first 2 animes I showed them were Highschool DxD and Clannad with After Story. We marathoned from a certain event till the end to maximize dem' feels.)
Also, for some reason, my family sees me Playing DotA though instead of Watching Anime.
Apr 19, 2014 6:43 AM

Jan 2014
i told most my of friends, cousin..
yeah, long live ANIME! :D
Visit MyAnimeList | Visit MyProfile | Sig Made by Sacreds
May 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
Around these parts, I'm an anime evangelist. I run an amp repair shop, and often have anime soundtrack music playing on the studio sound system. Sometimes a customer will ask about the music and if he or she seems curious, I'll bring up the topic of anime and what it is. Quite a few of my customers are either related to or know someone who is into anime.
As for me, I'm selective about the anime I like. I'm into 'art' films, so the Miyazaki works are near the top of my list, but I am also fascinated by anime that portrays real life situations in Japan. I learn a lot about Japanese customs this way.
Jun 29, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2014
I guess it's not something I bother to mention usually, but nothing to hide either... I've told a bunch of friends at school who've asked, and my family knows.
Mar 13, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2015
I don't advertise it and don't hide it. Its no different than watching cartoons or movies.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [GAME] Last Person to Post Supposedly Wins ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jsnoob - Dec 26, 2013

6026 by JuiceBuckle »»
Mar 25, 3:15 AM

Sticky: » ● ARC's Attendance Game ● ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ginjiro - Dec 20, 2013

4216 by fausifahrial »»
Feb 29, 5:33 AM

» [GAME] Count to 10000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ginjiro - Apr 17, 2014

5134 by Kunii »»
Nov 2, 2023 8:43 PM

» [GAME] Guess Who Posts Next ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jsnoob - Jun 12, 2014

742 by RioFS »»
Feb 2, 2023 4:41 AM

» [GAME] Ban the user above you. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Lea12- - Jan 22, 2014

455 by Stroffeld »»
Sep 10, 2022 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.