Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
I loved Tekkon Kinkreet. I loved its interesting plot , charter development, and unique score, but most of all what impressed me was the amazing quality and originality of the animation. To me it looked like a mixture of Mind Games and OS Gemeos caricatures with intricate backdrops that rivaled, if not, I dare say, surpassed, Studio Ghibli quality. Studio 4C certainly has its ups and downs, but I believe that this right here is one of its gems. The backdrops marvelously colored, it has this reoccurring dull teal and brick red throughout that sets the whole mood. I would love to know what others thought of the art, I just cant quite wrap my head around how amazing it is. Sometimes I find it hard to pay attention to the plot the art is just too distracting. I will have to watch it again, and if you haven't I implore you to do so as well !
Oct 4, 2015 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
It is indeed very beautiful. But I think it is more unique than beautiful and I love it. Just like Ping Pong The Animation. People already said to me that they couldn't even look at it because it was too ugly. I personally think that's actually kind of close minded and ignorant. Why would you want more generic art style? Why would you not prefer a unique art style like the one this anime has? Well, there are tastes and tastes...
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 12, 2016 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
The unorthodox creative and original art style definitely contributes to enhancing the story-telling of the show and created a great unique setting and atmosphere for us viewers to engage and submerge upon. Definitely beautiful, along with Ping Pong!
Mar 22, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 2019
Wtf with that artstyle
May 1, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
The amount of detail in the backgrounds is crazy, the animation was also really well done, i was definitely taking in the backgrounds more in some scenes, how could you not?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tekkon Kinkreet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zirgo - Nov 27, 2007

83 by oODanzoOo »»
May 9, 2023 1:58 PM

» Dubbed or Subbed?

Kaeji - Apr 23, 2012

9 by okayiguess »»
Nov 1, 2018 1:25 PM

» Meaning and symbolism

Vurtox - Dec 23, 2012

2 by Daril »»
Apr 28, 2017 11:56 PM

» Michael Arias Interview - On Tekkon Kinkreet

WAXCHUG - Feb 4, 2012

1 by Dunky »»
Feb 4, 2012 5:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.