Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2012
Hiryu12 said:
You only finished 38 anime shows. How did you find and choose the songs for your list? 0.o

Did you just randomly try listening to OPs of other anime you haven't watched because this list might be very subjective. I'm just saying... xD

Wow I'm amazed you counted it all, although I'm not sure if that's the correct number because I don't even know myself. First of all, I already had a vast a amount of knowledge when it came to anime shows. I gathered all the openings I knew which I already liked, re-watched openings to shows I already knew about to remember which ones I liked, researched and watched a bunch of other videos like mine, and then looked for new shows which I had never seen before, but were known for having good openings (google is your friend). I think I collected a total of around 300 openings I liked. Then from there, I went through a careful process of elimination into determining which ones were my favorites. If I had to, I decided to gather five different openings at most from the same show. One Piece, for instance had a lot of openings that I really liked, but I didn't want to put too many and ended up deciding that 5 was a reasonable number. I originally intended to narrow the list down to 50, but from there I expanded to 100, and then after I found out about even more anime openings, I realized that wasn't enough and expanded the list to 125. I would constantly listen to many songs over and over again to really confirm whether I thought it was good enough to be on the video. Sometimes I'd listen to a song like about 10 times. 5 times the first day and then 5 times again the next day because I realized my impression of a song would change. For instance, my impression of the Kimi to Boku openings changed from just thinking that they sounded nice into realizing they were quite catchy afterwards. I also took into consideration what people had to say about certain openings. Sometimes they would make me admire a particular song more and sometimes they wouldn't.

Sorry for making my response so long, but I hope I've thoroughly answered your question. :)
Aug 8, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
TonyTin said:
Actually... This isn't bad at all...
My respect for the video went up when I saw Driver's high on it

Though I kinda disagree with LISA - Crossing Fields being great

I really liked the song, but part of it was definitely the animation.
Aug 8, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
Wayuki said:
clicking on the title of the video opens a tab of the video on YT

How long did it take you to figure that out?

Anyway, nice editing OP. *likes*
Aug 8, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
lupadim said:
changster1123 said:
Just recently made a top 125 anime openings video! Tell me what you think of it! And if you can, please share it to anyone you know! Thank you!

I thought "Crap openings", but when I saw Trigun opening...

OMFG :3 I LOVE YOU

I mean, even Inuyasha is there. I seriously really congratulate you, sir.

Inuyasha - Best battle shounen which has all the episodes already launched

Good job for the Hajime No Ippo op and Prince of Tennis, would've liked to see Slam Dunk op for my selfishness.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 8, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Yondy375 said:
lupadim said:
changster1123 said:
Just recently made a top 125 anime openings video! Tell me what you think of it! And if you can, please share it to anyone you know! Thank you!

I thought "Crap openings", but when I saw Trigun opening...

OMFG :3 I LOVE YOU

I mean, even Inuyasha is there. I seriously really congratulate you, sir.

Inuyasha - Best battle shounen which has all the episodes already launched

Good job for the Hajime No Ippo op and Prince of Tennis, would've liked to see Slam Dunk op for my selfishness.

Sorry about not putting the Slam Dunk op because I had definitely considered it.
Aug 8, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
It would be great if you add in time stamps for each song, that way people won't need to sit through the entire video and just look at it as a list.
Aug 8, 2013 7:12 PM

Jan 2012
johnyjohny said:
I'm not gonna lie. It's shit.

this?and why 125?i thought a top count is a selected few that stands out among hundreds
Aug 8, 2013 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
IntervisioN said:
It would be great if you add in time stamps for each song, that way people won't need to sit through the entire video and just look at it as a list.

Gr8 idea. I'll get to it!

*EDIT
I tried to put the time stamps, but it seems like it won't work and it'll exceed the characters limit for Youtube video descriptions (1000 characters). >.>

Sorry for the inconvenience!
DisAnimeBetaBGudAug 8, 2013 8:18 PM
Aug 8, 2013 7:38 PM

May 2012
Looks like you put a lot of effort in it, that's for sure. Plus it has some of my favorites.
But too much j-pop.
Aug 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic video! :D It's great to see some of my favourites included. It must have taken you quite a while to complete! :O
Aug 8, 2013 7:49 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Belongs in the creative corner.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 9, 2013 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
Puresweetie said:
Fantastic video! :D It's great to see some of my favourites included. It must have taken you quite a while to complete! :O

A very very long time indeed. >.<
Aug 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
To everyone who didn't get my response to IntervisioN, I couldn't put in the time stamps for the openings in the video because doing so would exceed the characters limit in the description box. I even tried taking out the song title and artist, but it still wouldn't fit. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas???
DisAnimeBetaBGudAug 9, 2013 3:47 PM
Aug 9, 2013 4:30 PM
Aug 2013
Pretty good list, I think you did a good job! Not sure if I missed it, but did you include Spice and Wolf? I got to say that's one of my favorite openings.
Aug 9, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
DreadSigma said:
Pretty good list, I think you did a good job! Not sure if I missed it, but did you include Spice and Wolf? I got to say that's one of my favorite openings.

Beautiful opening. I definitely considered it, but unfortunately ended up eliminating it from my list simply because I didn't think I liked it enough. This may have been though because I haven't watched the show yet. Yes...I know... it's one of those shows I haven't watched that I NEED to watch. I do apologize for not including that wonderful opening though.
Aug 9, 2013 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
IntervisioN said:

SuperHands said:
I was only going to watch it to make sure you included the Evangelion opening, luckily was in the first 2 minutes. I decided to watch the rest because it turns out you have splendid taste; well done my friend.

Oh yeah, you had enough time to put it together, but didn't put the titles in the description?

*UPDATE - I FIGURED OUT A WAY TO PUT TIME STAMPS FOR EACH OPENING ON THE VIDEO USING A DIFFERENT WEBSITE. THE LIST IS ALSO IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE VIDEO. CHECK IT OUT! http://freetexthost.com/fnq12k2vxu
Aug 9, 2013 10:55 PM

Apr 2013
changster1123 said:
Hiryu12 said:
You only finished 38 anime shows. How did you find and choose the songs for your list? 0.o

Did you just randomly try listening to OPs of other anime you haven't watched because this list might be very subjective. I'm just saying... xD

Wow I'm amazed you counted it all, although I'm not sure if that's the correct number because I don't even know myself. First of all, I already had a vast a amount of knowledge when it came to anime shows. I gathered all the openings I knew which I already liked, re-watched openings to shows I already knew about to remember which ones I liked, researched and watched a bunch of other videos like mine, and then looked for new shows which I had never seen before, but were known for having good openings (google is your friend). I think I collected a total of around 300 openings I liked. Then from there, I went through a careful process of elimination into determining which ones were my favorites. If I had to, I decided to gather five different openings at most from the same show. One Piece, for instance had a lot of openings that I really liked, but I didn't want to put too many and ended up deciding that 5 was a reasonable number. I originally intended to narrow the list down to 50, but from there I expanded to 100, and then after I found out about even more anime openings, I realized that wasn't enough and expanded the list to 125. I would constantly listen to many songs over and over again to really confirm whether I thought it was good enough to be on the video. Sometimes I'd listen to a song like about 10 times. 5 times the first day and then 5 times again the next day because I realized my impression of a song would change. For instance, my impression of the Kimi to Boku openings changed from just thinking that they sounded nice into realizing they were quite catchy afterwards. I also took into consideration what people had to say about certain openings. Sometimes they would make me admire a particular song more and sometimes they wouldn't.

Sorry for making my response so long, but I hope I've thoroughly answered your question. :)
You have so much time in your hands... I'm so jealous right now... xD

Aug 10, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
Where's the first Pokemon theme? :(
Aug 10, 2013 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
Fun to go through but I think you should make a shorter one instead, that's a real challenge; say top 10, 20 or 25. 125 feels like you'd get everything down that's somewhat good without having to struggle with choosing between.
Aug 10, 2013 1:42 AM
Aug 2013
changster1123 said:
DreadSigma said:

Beautiful opening. I definitely considered it, but unfortunately ended up eliminating it from my list simply because I didn't think I liked it enough. This may have been though because I haven't watched the show yet. Yes...I know... it's one of those shows I haven't watched that I NEED to watch. I do apologize for not including that wonderful opening though.

Well if you haven't seen it yet I can understand that...I trust you will soon change that :P.
Aug 10, 2013 4:27 AM

Jul 2012
Ntaig said:
Fun to go through but I think you should make a shorter one instead, that's a real challenge; say top 10, 20 or 25. 125 feels like you'd get everything down that's somewhat good without having to struggle with choosing between.

THAT would be a challenge.
Aug 10, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
TonyTin said:
Actually... This isn't bad at all...
My respect for the video went up when I saw Driver's high on it

Though I kinda disagree with LISA - Crossing Fields being great

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure a lot of people think that as well.
Aug 10, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2012
Kvshi said:
Props on this bro. Really like certain openings on the video

Thx, I'm glad you like it man.
Oct 7, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2012
Kudos for including lesser known animes; they deserve the same renown as the famous ones. But I'm really surprised that you didn't include some of the most liked openings in your video such as Shakugan no Shana and Hidan no Aria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYsVOjkKJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jhonzkSow
Apr 12, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2009
Ending edition plz ><

More topics from this board

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

7 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
8 hours ago

» Sasami Jurai - TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Doll Series

MasterTasuke - 11 hours ago

0 by MasterTasuke »»
11 hours ago

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - 12 hours ago

0 by ToastWithNutella »»
12 hours ago

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1010 by ekabu24 »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - May 4

1 by MasterTasuke »»
May 4, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.