Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Nov 21, 2011 7:23 AM

Feb 2010
Well, I'd recommend Kimi Ni Todoke for heartwarming romance with comedy :)

As for the second request maybe trying something like The Skull Man or Gungrave. Though basically everything would fit some of the criteria for your secend request.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 13, 2012 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
Username: Naevia-Faeleth
Request: Something sweet, moving or with a strong story, or both! : ]
Preferred Genres: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Drama, Thriller, Psychological, Comedy (Although, I prefer not too much since it makes the story somewhat weaker.) I love couples in anime and some romance, I'm not looking for a shoujo/romance cheesy anime though :P
Comments/Extra Information: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Naevia-Faeleth
And, I personally like more modern drawed anime. Something Like InuYasha is somewhat old, that's fine but I prefer it not much more 'classical' ;)
Thanks in advance!
Jan 14, 2012 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
Naevia-Faeleth said:
Username: Naevia-Faeleth
Request: Something sweet, moving or with a strong story, or both! : ]
Preferred Genres: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Drama, Thriller, Psychological, Comedy (Although, I prefer not too much since it makes the story somewhat weaker.) I love couples in anime and some romance, I'm not looking for a shoujo/romance cheesy anime though :P

Shuffle! fits your criteria perfectly IMO. others would be Freezing and Angel Beats! (which I see you have on hold; for the love of god pick it up immediately. It is mind blowing.
Jan 14, 2012 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
Username: TheUnexpectedFan

Request: Good dialogue. Nice back & forth between characters. Character development. The only true requirement is a more complex, witty, or mature dialogue between characters.

Preferred Genres: Seinen and comedy is greatly appreciated. Otherwise anything is acceptable. Exclude any yaoi and even yuri in extreme cases.

Comments/Extra Information: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheUnexpectedFan
removed-userJan 14, 2012 11:35 PM
Jan 17, 2012 12:02 AM
Jan 17, 2012 2:47 AM
Dec 2008
Username: gummybear
Request: Im looking for good story plot with romance and is warm to the heart with ecchi too =)
Preferred genres: romance, ecchi, harem,
Comments/Extra Info: im not into little chibi girl underage romance ecchi moe stuff so yea =)
Jan 17, 2012 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
gummybear said:
Username: gummybear
Request: Im looking for good story plot with romance and is warm to the heart with ecchi too =)
Preferred genres: romance, ecchi, harem,
Comments/Extra Info: im not into little chibi girl underage romance ecchi moe stuff so yea =)

the toughy is making sure it is heart warming
Try:
Sora no Otoshimono (has all you want it is even a littl heart wrming in my opinion)
Sekirei (personally all time fav comedy ecchi, romance story
Ladies versus Butlers! (heavy ecchi harem decent rom good com)
Girls Bravo (prime example of your tastes)
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls ( not too warm hearted but ecchi is hardcore if you see it uncensored)
Kanokon ( another one that is almost perfect for you)
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de ( connected with Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! so it has what you want)
Lovely Complex ( lacks hrem and ecchi but highly regarded for its heart warming romance)
Kimi ni Todoke (same as above)
most of theses are in you plan to watch area

Being 100% honest you have lots of what you want on your list in the plan to watch area. Also raid my list for what I have completed and on what I plan to watch I know I have sooooo much more to suit you. Hell I am watching a few at the moment I believe. I have cleaned the house on some of the best ecchi harem romance shows there are in any combo of the three ( so have you). If I haven't seen it I probably plan to.
removed-userJan 17, 2012 9:17 AM
Jan 17, 2012 10:16 PM

Sep 2009
Username: saxophone15

Request: Something with moderate to heavy drama/suspense (preferably romance). Also, if at all possible, a story that continues after the relationship is established. Suggestions could be for anime or manga.

Preferred Genres: romance, drama, etc.

Comments/Extra Info: Examples of the type of drama/suspense I'm talking about would be things like big secrets being revealed (maybe some blackmail?), dangerous situations (someone getting hurt or potentially getting hurt), etc. Unbalance x Unbalance is a good example of the drama I'm looking for, or something like Clannad: After Story.
Jan 22, 2012 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
Username:Tomomi
Request: Unpredictable storyline, anything that will keep me hooked after 1-2 episodes. For Romance types of animes prefer cute and unique. My all time fave animes yumeiro paitssiere, cardcaptors, marmalade boy, kodocha, itazura na kiss, inuyasha natusme yuujinjou and Detective Conan. Also interested in magic but i want similar to magical lyrical nanoha series, i like seeing the magic circles :P Also if there sexy guys like Prince of Tennis, Dgray man, katekyo hitman reborn that will be a plus. Plz recommend more cool fighting action animes that still have a good story
Preferred Genres:Anything except Scifi,yuri,yaoi shounen-ai is fine though, no ecchi kind of stuff and not to keen on slice of life but if you know a really good one plz tell :)
Comments/Extra Information:I am an avid manga reader b/c i can go at my own fast pace so that why i need a very quick to "catch my eye" kind of anime. I tend to lose interest quickly if to much talking, right now more for the cool visual and quick to the point for talking. Only keeping up to date with Detective Conan, the only anime that can talk a lot and still keep me hooked ^^ Anticipating that I will be given a lot of recommendations (no pressure, really :P ) AND THANNNK YOOOU SO MUCH!!! ( I am soooo srry that this is long and that i am picky >.<)
TomomiJan 22, 2012 10:49 PM

Jan 29, 2012 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
@Tomomi

Try:
- Negima!? - u have many magic circles etc, quite cool story, nice graphs and hope u like it as i am xD
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - a quite story, mass magic, cool story line and its very original work
- Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - magic based fantasy with little romance off-top, story is fine, cool chars personalities, good anime in my opinion

u can pm me for more if u will like my reco

@saxophone15

Try:
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - Romance/Drama but cant spoil u anything about it couse of story line
- Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - Again Romance/Drama that is hard to tell about story :)
- Bokura ga Ita - cool story, nice char personalities, you wont waste time on it
- Honey and Clover Series

hope u like some of them
Feb 1, 2012 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
@Tomomi

I second Mahou shoujo Madoka, but be prepared for a very dark and mature twist to a magical girl anime

Oh and Steins:gate.

Anyone who doesn't give this 10/10 is insane. Easily one of the best anime out there. Its technically sci-fi cuz it has time travel, but other than that its normal. Idk, ik its not rlly rlly ur thing, but this one is something u will truly appreciate if u want an unpredictable story. I would recommend this to anyone. I mean...c'mon its #3 in the whole site lol. I promise it wont disappoint. Give it a shot one day.

Feb 3, 2012 10:17 AM

Sep 2009
Username: unguanime
Request: anime that shows a lot about how to build and manage a kingdom, the lives of the people, the politics in the government, and the changes that occur in a kingdom (such revolution, rebellion, major disasters, etc.).
Preferred Genres: any.
Comments/Extra Info: Thank you.
Feb 5, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
That's a tough one.. the only one i can think of that's close to what you are looking for is Saiunkoku Monogatari
Feb 13, 2012 1:55 AM

Oct 2008
well there is also ( The Legend of the Legendary Heroes), (Utawarerumono)
and some adventure or quest animes but i doubt you would like to see them
Mar 3, 2012 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
Request: Entertaining SCI-FI from 2005-2012 with interesting and/or unusual story.
Preferred Genres: Something on par with Casshern Sins, Gundaom 00, Elfen Lied, Birdy the Mighty DECODE, Full Metal Panic, Planetes, Redline, Level E, Trigun, Tiger & Bunny.
Comments/Extra Information: I have no interest in fanservice garbage like Infinity Stratos.
ZingFreelancerMar 3, 2012 6:39 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 18, 2012 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
Request: something that hooks you fast, preferably with a more adult view of things
Can be funny or serious (or both) and not mainstream, since i've seen or at least know of a lot of anime

Preferred Genres: Comedy, Action, Romance, Seinen

Comments: don't really want mecha or yuri/yaoi; i dont have a problem with fanservice, unless it is completely unnecessary/idiotic

If you listen to fools, the Mob Rules!
Apr 26, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
bump!

May 6, 2012 11:41 PM

Dec 2011
Username: menmakawaii
Request: Looking a pure action slight talking just pure action and a really popular show
Preferred Genres:Any will do
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2012 7:45 AM

May 2012
username ashjoben
request lookin for some good shounen( supernatural samurai magic ninja) with aloth of pew pew and less qq
genres just not mecha
pew pew means combat action , fighting
qq means quest question
ashjobenMay 26, 2012 2:18 PM
May 14, 2012 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
@MenmaKawaii
watch History's Strongest Disciple Kenishi, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach or Naruto.. I feel ashamed to even mention the last two.

@ashjoben
Rurouni Kenshin is a great samurai anime. Also there's Ninja scroll, Hokuto no Ken (It's made in 80's so might not please everyone) and Air Gear. Check those out :)

@Spec
Had kinda hard time finding you an anime since you watched more than me :( but here goes: School Days, Chaos;HEAd, SKET Dance, Glass Mask (2005), togainu no chi. Hope you like even one from that list :/ If not.. Atleast I tried.

@ZingFreelancer
Gurren Lagann, Darker than Black.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
May 21, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
@rakeo
haha thanks for trying :)
ill prob check at least one or two of em

Jul 6, 2012 10:29 AM

May 2012
Ok, this may be hard but does any1 know is there anime with digital style and fights that looks like Final Fantasy ?
Aug 1, 2012 4:05 AM

May 2009
ashjoben said:
Ok, this may be hard but does any1 know is there anime with digital style and fights that looks like Final Fantasy ?

Well, the ones that come to mind is Appleseed movie and Ex Machina - the fight scenes are great.
Aug 6, 2012 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
Username: Hakuun

Request: Something with a male lead who's got a dark past, and is strong (preferably the strongest). e.g. Hei from Darker than Black and Ryner Lute from The Legend of The Legendary Heroes.

NOT NEEDED, but wanted if possible: The leads strength i unknown to all/most and his past is eventually revealed.

Preferred Genres: Action, Romance (not as a main theme though), Tragedy Adventure, Fantacy and the likes.

Comments/Extra Information: I like both action-packed and more slow-pace psychological animes, but i kinda dislike Mecha and Edo-period stuff.... It can be a manga too by the way :P Hope someone will rec somthing, even though i am so picky! :D
Aug 6, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
@Spec
I checked your list, and my god it was hard to remember something not on it o.o
I'm sad i couldn't find more than i did, cause i too like those types of anime.
Well, here goes;
Jormundgand, Shiki (not that much action and a bit slow-pace beginning, BUT definently worth it. Mainstream plot since it revolves around vampires but it's executed in a non-mainstream way. trust me), Deadman Wonderland and lastly Monster.
Monster is probably my best candidate of them :)

Hope i helped ^^
Aug 9, 2012 1:30 PM

Mar 2010
@Hakuun

I'm not sure if you've already seen these series since you just joined recently and probably haven't fully updated your anime list, but with your preferences you should watch Utawarerumono or Tears to Tiara.
Aug 10, 2012 10:38 PM

May 2009
@Hakuun
Kaze no Stigma, Needless, Afro Samurai and Gungrave comes to mind. Despite the name Afro Samurai is not historical and Needless is comedic in nature.
Sep 14, 2012 1:02 PM

Sep 2007
User name: Cniht

Request: An anime with a real plot line that progresses while making good use of humor. Type of humor is less important.

Number of episodes is not an issue, but the more the better.

To get a fair idea of what I've seen check my list. Maybe you'll know of some I should watch but haven't yet.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cniht
Jan 25, 2013 1:23 PM
Aug 2012
Username: Makemeblink
Request: MOST IMPORTAINTLY A strong plot, I like plots that tie a bunch of the story together and leave you surprised that the story can fit together that amazing, (I.E. Elfen Lied)
Preferred Genres: romance,drama,harem,comedy, I honestly just started watching this past year so im open to try new things or whatever ^.^
Comments/Extra Information: My list can be found here, http://myanimelist.net/animelist/makemeblink
Apr 13, 2013 7:42 PM
Oct 2012
@makemeblink:

Username: Hippi93
Request: Strong Plot, possibly emotional, and not too superficial
Preferred genres: There are three types of anime i like: on one hand i like the romantic, harem, slice of life stuff. Like OHHC, Clannad and haruhi, emotional stuff. I also like stories which are layered like steins gate; And last but not least stories with a lot of plot twists, where you get a turn of events every episode, like code geass or deathnote.
Comments/Extra Information: i'm not so much into fighting and mecha and stuff, but i can tollerate it if the rest is good, and if there isn't too much focus on it. Number of episodes is not an issue, nor do i have any problem with explicit stuff violence and whatnot, if the story is good. The setting can be anything from fantasy, edo, future...anything. =)
Hippi93Apr 13, 2013 7:46 PM
Mar 6, 2014 8:59 PM
Mar 2014
Username: prettycure97
Request: Anything with an amazing plot! Though, it's animation has to be appealing to the eye (eye-catching animation quality xD)
Preferred Genres: I really like shoujo, romance, and action. But I will watch anything with a good plot!~
Comments/Extra Information: Look at my list just so you kinda get a just of what I like, and to not list a show that i already have, or will watch in the future.
Thanks!! ^.~
Jun 27, 2014 12:36 AM

Nov 2011
@Cherry: You've watched a lot, but True Tears comes to mind. It's a a love triangle with some metaphors and fairly realistic behavior. Good luck figuring out who's the one for Shinichioro. ;)

Username: TripleSRank
Request: A romance with the MC as a third party. I.e., one of the would-be lovers is the MC's best friend or something along those lines, and MC tries to help their friend out throughout the story.
Preferred Genres: Nothing in particular.
Comments: Stay away from yuri and yaoi. Also avoid ecchi if possible. The MC shouldn't be part of the main romance focus in the series. I'm not sure if there's anything like this, but I figured I'd try.
Jul 23, 2015 2:56 AM
Jun 2014
@TripleSRank: Damn, I've got nothing. The closest I can think of is Toradora, but in a way that's almost the anithesis of what you want. If you're okay with it being a triangle there's stuff like Sakamichi no Apollon, but again that's not quite. If you're willing to leave romance as the main genre you could look to things like Michiko to Hatchin, where the focus isn't the romance but there is that subplot for one of the characters. Good luck on the hunt.

Username: SeannyBoy

Request: Kinda specific, looking for something that hits the same emotional wavelength as Usagi Drop and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, maybe along a similar line of parenthood. I really loved the simple but intentional design choices in Usagi Drop, expecially in how they explored the growing relationships between the lead characters, and I'm missing that colorful and inviting attention to character in a lot of the shows I've watched recently. I'm also always looking for artistically interesting shows like Usagi Drop, Youjouhan Shinwa Taikei, Katanagatari, etc.

Preferred Genres: Slice of Life (maybe), Josei (probably)

Comments: If you can't hit the nail on the head any suggestion in the range would be appreciated. If it's not anywhere on my list and sounds somewhat in line with this bizzarely specific request just toss it my way. Thanks!
Aug 1, 2015 11:52 PM
Feb 2015
username: 1the_wired1

request: I haven't watched many sport anime so id like to give them a try preferably something where the mc starts off bad/unskilled and gets stronger slowly and were the mc actually loses and doesn't just win all the time something intense and serious that i can get into strait away

preferred genres: dont really mind just something intense and serious

comments: thanks everyone :)
Aug 12, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
Kuroko no Basuke (serious)
sort of what you are looking for

Area no Kishi (slowly improves)
closer to what you are looking for

Over Drive (slowly improves)
I dont know if you will get hooked right away

Ginban Kaleidoscope (original)
give it a shot you might like it
SofiaBulgaAug 12, 2015 3:20 PM
Aug 16, 2015 8:26 PM

Jul 2015
Username: Jaguar_Tacos
Request: Mature medieval fantasy. I'm currently watching Claymore and know about Berserk
Preferred Genres: Sci-fi, fantasy, drama, psychological
Aug 25, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Shingeki no Kyojin
Akame ga Kill!

here you go buddy go nuts.
Nov 4, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
Something nice and dark like bokurano, or narutaru shadow star
Jul 11, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2016
Can someone recommend me an anime of a father or fatherly figure raising little girl that is focused on just that and it has some drama or something interesting happening around that like usagi drop and it's not just to show how cute the little girl is like amaama.

Simmilar anime that I've seen/don't like/don't meet the criteria

Jul 11, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
roboto56 said:

When they cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) (Super recommended). Evangelion (Super recommended). Shiki(Super recommended). Elfen Lied (only watch it if you are ok with reading the manga next). Another. Mirai Nikki. Magical Girl Raising Project. Darker than Black. Steins Gate. Death Note. Serial Experiments Lain (Super recommended but maybe hard to understand on the first watch trough). Danganronpa.

Anime that start "normal" and end up being dark

School Days. Madoka Magica. Gakkou Guraishi. Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru. Shuffle Baccano (Super recommended)
Jul 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Apr 2012
Rozencraft said:
roboto56 said:

When they cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) (Super recommended). Evangelion (Super recommended). Shiki(Super recommended). Elfen Lied (only watch it if you are ok with reading the manga next). Another. Mirai Nikki. Magical Girl Raising Project. Darker than Black. Steins Gate. Death Note. Serial Experiments Lain (Super recommended but maybe hard to understand on the first watch trough). Danganronpa.

Anime that start "normal" and end up being dark

School Days. Madoka Magica. Gakkou Guraishi. Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru. Shuffle Baccano (Super recommended)

I have seen nearly every single post you mentioned, most of them are favorites that I own in dvd form, shiki being a very special one. I havent seen magical girl raising project, so I will try it. Thanks for the rec!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 20, 5:14 AM

Sticky: » [ ★ ] Staff Recruitment

Timrots - Sep 25, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:05 AM

Sticky: » [HTWA] Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 )

tigerz - Feb 5, 2009

190 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:01 AM

» What Counts as Anime? ( 1 2 )

kittenz73 - Jan 9, 2009

60 by mdo7 »»
Dec 11, 2020 1:49 PM

» Anyone know were i can watch Glass no Kamen (2005)

Max_Hawkins - Aug 25, 2020

0 by Max_Hawkins »»
Aug 25, 2020 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.