Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2013 4:02 PM

May 2012
Misato and Shinji, by far, had the most deep and complex relationship in the series. Misato played many roles, but I found her true feelings for Shinji to be ambiguous. Does she love Shinji in the same way she loved Kaji? Yes or no?
May 31, 2013 12:42 PM

Aug 2008
Nah. It's suppose to be an older sister relationship. She cares for him like he's family for sure though.

I wonder if Misato has "real" romantic feelings for anyone actually. As she seems to just go to men for the love her father never gave her. It's a complex case though, I guess you could make the argument that she does but I think it's forever suppose to remain ambiguous.
hyperknees91May 31, 2013 12:47 PM
May 31, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
I think Misato just sees Shinji as someone that she can relate to while Kaji is someone that is similar to her father.
hyperknees91 said:

I wonder if Misato has "real" romantic feelings for anyone actually. As she seems to just go to men for the love her father never gave her. It's a complex case though, I guess you could make the argument that she does but I think it's forever suppose to remain ambiguous.

"On top of that, I'm an underhanded woman that just clings to men when it suits me!"
-Episode 15
ShoryuMay 31, 2013 1:04 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
Nah. It's suppose to be an older sister relationship.

Dude. TEoE.

Still, I think you're right about it being ambiguous. That, or she just did it to give Shinji some motivation.

May 31, 2013 1:11 PM

Oct 2012
FacelessVixen said:
Still, I think you're right about it being ambiguous. That, or she just did it to give Shinji some motivation.

I saw it in that light as well.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 31, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
In a romantic way? Or we can see it as in a lustful way....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 1:18 PM

May 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Nah. It's suppose to be an older sister relationship. She cares for him like he's family for sure though.

I disagree, Misato tried to be a mother to Shinji but she failed at it. She tried to be everything to Shinji, Mother, Friend, Lover, Mentor, Confident etc. but I want to know her real feelings. It is weird, did she see Shinji as a potential love interest? They kinda allude to something along those lines the whole series......
May 31, 2013 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Doesn't matter it gave birth to some glorious doujinshis, actually the doujinshis of NGE is the only thing that makes me glad that I watched it. To stay on topic, no she didn't love him in a romantic/lustful way like Kaji, she just wanted to be his mother and just wanted to support him.
May 31, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
To stay on topic, no she didn't love him in a romantic/lustful way like Kaji, she just wanted to be his mother and just wanted to support him.
This interpretation is valid but only until EoE.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
tsudecimo said:
To stay on topic, no she didn't love him in a romantic/lustful way like Kaji, she just wanted to be his mother and just wanted to support him.

Well EoE is a different case. EoE is basically the creator giving Otaku's what they want and trolling them.

But cmon, it's obviously her final bit of moral support. Plus it kinda plays with how she often teased him sexually before.

We'll never know Misato's "true" feelings though.
hyperknees91May 31, 2013 1:52 PM
May 31, 2013 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
tsudecimo said:

Well I didn't watch EoE yet.
May 31, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Well EoE is a different case. EoE is basically the creator giving Otaku's what they want and trolling them.
A better way of saying it is "the creator apparently giving otaku what they want but end up trolling them hard". And regardless of that, EoE is still canon, so any discussion of Misato's feeling towards Shinji has to take EoE into consideration.

hyperknees91 said:
But cmon, it's obviously her final bit of moral support. Plus it kinda plays with how she often teased him sexually before.
We'll never know Misato's "true" feelings though.
But it is also possible that Misato has lustful feeling even in the past but she managed to keep it under control. With the situation in EoE she is no longer under such inhibition and if expressing her feeling can also provide the moral support, why not? But you are right, we would never know what her true feeling is.

May 31, 2013 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
A better way of saying it is "the creator apparently giving otaku what they want but end up trolling them hard". And regardless of that, EoE is still canon, so any discussion of Misato's feeling towards Shinji has to take EoE into consideration.

I guess that's true. Unfortunately she died before her true desires were shown like they were to everyone else, so this is intentional trolling of the audience hah. I guess the point is we are never suppose to understand Misato.
Jun 3, 2013 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
She said a line in EoE, about how she suggested she failed to be a mother to Shinji, but really imo, I don't think she knew what she wanted to be in her relationships to anyone in the series, even towards Kaji she goes back and forth if he's her lover, or just someone to screw around with. To me, if she wanted to be a mother figure, I'd assume since Asuka was living with them too, she would have experienced some sort of motherly feelings to her as well, and also...what kind of mother would French kiss their "son"?...(don't answer that)

All in all, I don't think there's really any definite answer to the question.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 3, 2013 10:23 PM

Nov 2011
Nope, no one loves Shinji.
I luv u
Jun 4, 2013 3:21 PM

Dec 2012
Hell no. Family. The kiss in EoE was for motivation and to shock him out of his catatonic pussy-ness.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 5, 2013 1:55 AM

Sep 2012
3nvy said:
Hell no. Family. The kiss in EoE was for motivation and to shock him out of his catatonic pussy-ness.
Yeah yeah yeah, more like denial.

Jun 10, 2013 10:45 AM

Mar 2013
3nvy said:

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 10, 2013 11:50 AM

Oct 2008
3nvy said:

I think this might be a part of it. On the other hand, I think Misato might've kissed Shinji for her own sake as well, cause she was about to die so she might as well kiss a somewhat attractive boy, lol.
It's one or the other.. or both Idk.
Jun 17, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Misato likes 'em young.

Mar 10, 2014 11:45 PM

Dec 2013
I really think the Kiss in EoE was a somewhat twisted method of Motivation. She hinted at sex she knew she'd never have to reciprocate since she was dying, and once Shinji left the room she just seemed tired, she didn't seem to relish her kiss with Shinji at all.

I would definitely believe she saw Shinji as little brotherish figure.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 10, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2014
Jaguer91 said:
Nope, no one loves Shinji.

You just hate competition... :P
Mar 10, 2014 11:52 PM

Sep 2010
Thund3r1 said:
I really think the Kiss in EoE was a somewhat twisted method of Motivation. She hinted at sex she knew she'd never have to reciprocate since she was dying, and once Shinji left the room she just seemed tired, she didn't seem to relish her kiss with Shinji at all.

I would definitely believe she saw Shinji as little brotherish figure.
Exactly. It was messed up motivation. In the next scene Shinji wiped his mouth, saw blood, and knew why she did that.
Mar 27, 2014 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
No, she didn't love Shinji. Misato's love was too misguided. She only knew how to show Shinji love through physical (sexual) connection which only pushed Shinji away more. He needed a real mother, not a failure mother figure.

The woman had no fucking clue of how to convey her love. At first, she was in love with Kaji until the end and then she pushed her romantic/sexual moves on Shinji because she had intimacy issues.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

173 by kermitpoke »»
Yesterday, 9:46 AM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

71 by SodaPopFrequency »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 23, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.