Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
now i feel dumb because Ive already posted threads here. but my question is which scenes were added in, not from the original series? More specifically, I dont recall Simon looking so Kamina-Like when he marries Nia. Now, Im going to feel stupid if Im wrong, but even like his eyes seem different (more similar), and of course he has the kamina-hair basically.
And then the scene after the credits. where Simon is walking around with a drill as an old(er) man. He doesnt seem so Kamina-like again. I dont think I remember this scene also. And whats with his spiral eye? when would he develop that? he didnt have it at the wedding. and they dont really imply he's been fighting with gurren lagann to develop any more spiral power.
Oct 5, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2012
Because the link in this post is broken,
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=45910#msg3233886
I offer to redo a series/movie comparison regarding:

Added scenes:
- Kittan bit in Simon fantasy
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann get broken to bits, then each teammate gets his own special ultimate mech and attack...
- then they all gattai into the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (giant one of pure energy with cape)
- hand-to-hand combat scene between Simon and the Anti-Spiral
- Simon drilling for water in a remote village

Notable differences:
- when destroying successive layers of ganmen the Anti-Spiral now uses a single drill that doesn't get broken
- nudity: Nia materializing Simon through her ring, Nia/Yoko during the new gattai sequence
- Simon is generally more manly, both in looks and voice.

Feel free to add anything I might have missed. And to answer OP the spiral in his eye was also in the series (still not during the marriage but in the same scene after the credits). I guess it just appeared to show he lived his life as a true Spiral (maybe a bit like the eyes of the Spiral king).
EratiKOct 5, 2013 9:56 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movie Lagann-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

asfasfeafvevev - Jan 26, 2010

261 by ABigChungus »»
Apr 2, 9:55 AM

» Does [spoiler] die in this movie?

RedSkittleFox - Mar 30, 2019

3 by ChiefGamer »»
Jan 20, 9:16 AM

» How do I watch this?

kelcollin - Jun 22, 2021

2 by gmadhava »»
Jul 22, 2021 3:13 AM

» Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Lagann-Hen worth watching?

Zaldun - Jun 11, 2016

6 by Barad5 »»
Nov 1, 2020 10:51 AM

» Huge spoiler in the synopsis

Yngvi - Apr 14, 2016

2 by who_dat_ninja »»
Nov 8, 2016 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.