Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2009

Episode One

As Team Thirteen walked through the eastern gates Orochi looked back at the village. His home for so long was now behind him and he did not know when he would see it again.

"Oi, Orochi! You're going to get left behind if you don't hurry up!"

"I'll be right there!" Orochi called turning his back on the village.
No matter what blade you possess, it is impossible to cut a single flower that blooms in the wilderness that has become my home. ~Unknown
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 10, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
Several hours after leaving the village Garner-sensei stopped the group. He looked around and for a moment seemed very tense. After looking over their surroundings he finally smiled and turned to address the team.

"We have three days to get the village in need of services; however, it will only take us one day to get there. So I suggest we take this time to put in a little training while on the road." He turned and looked at some trees in the woods. "Follow me." with that they took off into the trees. "Now the first bit of training I want you guys to try and achieve is running up this bad boy right here." he patted a huge tree the likes of which Orochi had never seen before.

"Sir, is that even possible? I mean this thing is huge!" Orochi said eyes widened at the thought of loosing his grip and splatting against the ground.

"Orochi this is one of the most basic of skills. If you cannot do this then I suggest you learn fast because this is gonna be a test." All of the team looked at Garner as if he was crazy.

"Garner-sensei, you can't be serious. I mean I can understand myself doing it but the other two? That is kind of asking much." Kemon said kind of smug like voice.

"Well Kemon I think you've been proven wrong already." Garner said pointing to the tree. Both Orochi and Kemon looked up to see Shion already half-way up the tree and still climbing. As Garner continued to watch he whistled just as Shion reached the top of the tree. "Well I guess I'll move on to the next stage with her. So here is where we part boys." Forming a couple of hand signs a puff of smoke appeared and a clone appeared right beside the real one. The real one created another seal and disappeared with his own puff of smoke.

"Well I guess that is what you get for being so smug, aye Kemon?" Orochi laughed to himself as Kemon glared at him.

"Ah now to finish where the real me left off. The test is simple. Make it up the tree and from there you will find me waiting for you at the top with a second set of instructions. You have the rest of the day to finish."

"What if we don't make it up in time?" Orochi asked before the clone took off.

"Then you fail and you're headed straight back to the academy. Understood?" with that the clone ran up the side of tree. As he made it to the top Orochi noticed two other shadows taking off in another direction.

"Well I don't know about you but I'm not going back to the academy. So if you'll excuse me I'm going to be working on conquering this tree." Kemon said as he started running up the tree only to fall after several steps.

"You do realize he never told us how to do this, right?" Orochi said giggling to himself as Kemon rubbed his head.

"Shut up!" he said angrily. Then a kunai fell to the ground a couple of feet away from the boys. Attached to it was a scroll that read

Mold chakra into your feet

"That's it?!" Kemon yelled up to the top of the tree. Orochi could not see that high but he could feel Garner-Sensei laughing at them as if this were some game. So with the tip that sensei gave them, they started on their climbing.
No matter what blade you possess, it is impossible to cut a single flower that blooms in the wilderness that has become my home. ~Unknown
Mar 10, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
Half of the day went by and Kemon had finally made it to the top. He took off in the direction that Shion and the real Garner-sensei after apparently talking to the clone. Orochi had only made it three thirds of the way up and he was frankly starting to get pissed. Shion passing the test was alright by him, but Kemon passing the test before him. It was unforgivable! So instead of blindly climbing the tree for another five minutes he decided to sit and rest. Meditating on his chakra control. Using everything scrap of knowledge that he could muster from the days long training.

After about half an hour he stood and looked up the tree. Smiling more to himself than the clone he formed a seal. A blast of chakra surged from the base of his stomach to the bottom of his feet which slowly started to wrap around his feet. Several moments later he took off running at full speed and within five minutes he made it to the top. As the clone looked on he seemed kind of disappointed. Orochi was breathing to hard to ask what the look was for and before he had time to ask the clone had already started moving.

"Follow me to the next training area." he said and with that he leaped across from one tree to the next slowly leaving Orochi behind. Pushing the clone's look out of his mind he quickly followed leaving the tree behind and hastily caught up with the clone. After several minutes of silence Orochi finally spoke up.

"What was that look for?" he asked

"What look are you were referring to?" the clone asked looking at Orochi more confused than anything else.

"The look that you gave me whenever I finally made it up the tree?"

"Oh, that. Well I was kind of disappointed is all." Orochi looked at the clone stunned and instead of pressing the matter further he clammed up. He couldn't bear the thought of having disappointed his sensei but instead of letting it get to him he adorned a look of determination. Orochi had already decided that he was not going to lose to Shion and Kemon. Those two were his rivals and he wasn't about to let them upstage him so early in their training. After about another hour and a half of running they finally made it to the second training ground.

"Down there." the clone pointed and with that they dropped to the ground where a giant lake lay before them.
Mar 10, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2009
"Yo!"

Looking around Garner-sensei was standing there next to a fire. Sitting around the fire were Kemon and Shion who seemed right at home grilling what Orochi noticed to be fish.

"Oi, Orochi! Glad you could make it!" Shion said playfully as she waved from the fire. Kemon glared at Orochi through the fire but Orochi did not let it bother him. He began to run forward only to get stopped by Garner-sensei.

"Not so fast, Orochi. You have to do some chores before you can come join us at the fire."

"Eh! Why do I have to do chores!?" Orochi complained as Garner began to guide him to the water's edge.

"Well for starters. Shion and Kemon have already done their chores for the day so it would be unfair if you got to rest without doing likewise. Now before you start complaining again I'll give it to you straight. First chore isn't really a chore but a must."

"A must? What on earth do you mean by that?" Orochi asked cocking a eyebrow at Garner.

"Yes a must. The must is simple. You have to go and catch your own fish. After that you need to get some fire wood that will last us through the night. Got it? Good. We'll see you after while!" Garner said a little to loud and started to walk off towards the woods.

"Where are you going sensei?" Shion asked curious as to where he was going to run off to when it was getting this late.

"No worries. I'll be back in a little bit. Remember Orochi! Fish and fire wood. With that he disappeared into the forest with his clone right behind him.

"Tch! Why do I have to fish for my own food. Ridiculous!" Orochi muttered as he took off his shirt and dove into the lake. Twilight was on the horizon and the water was still warm from the past few sunny days. As he dove deeper into the lake he started to look for some sign of fish in the immediate area. As he looked around he noticed that all of the fish seemed to have been spooked off by something. At first he thought he had done the scaring until some jerked on his leg.

The suddenness caused him to loose concentration and open his mouth releasing a lot of the air he had stored up in his lungs. Then whatever it was released him allowing him to surface.

"Alright guys. Nice laugh but play time is over." he said laughing to himself until he realize Shion and Kemon were in the same spots as they were before.

"What are you talking about?" Kemon asked giving him a go to hell look.

"But how? If you're over there then what?" Orochi looked down into the shimmering surface only to see a massive shadow moving around closer to the bottom. He had just enough time to gasp before something else jerked on his leg and that is when he felt the teeth latch to his skin. "Help!" was all he could scream before he began to get dragged to the bottom of the lake.

"Orochi!" Shion screamed which alerted Garner-sensei out of the woods in an instant. This time he was a lone and focused on Shion.

--------------------------------------------------------

"What's wrong? Where is Orochi?!" he looked around seeing a huge amount of bubbles huddling near the spot where Orochi disappeared. "Kemon stay here and use your eyes to make sure there are no more immediate threats. I'll go in after Orochi." With that said Garner dove into the water and swam down to the bottom.

He couldn't see anything clearly but after a few seconds of scanning around the immediate area he saw Orochi stabbing a kunai into the head of what looked liked the worlds biggest catfish alive. Knowing that he could probably kill the creature with a single blast he knew he couldn't take the risk of a long range attack misfiring or the monster using Orochi as a shield. So the only way to get rid of it was to get in close. He just hoped he could make it in time.

--------------------------------------------

Orochi had already activated his Sharingan in attempts to try and free himself when the monster made a wrong move but the fish seemed to be experienced in this sort of hunting because there was hardly an error in his form and even when Orochi found one he was too slow to capitalize on it before the fish corrected itself. It was beginning to look hopeless at this point because by now the fish had almost swallowed him whole. All that was keeping him alive was the simple facts that he was holding onto the kunai he had lodged into the fishes upper lip. Then he saw another shadow in the water.

Looking around he saw Garner-sensei swimming towards them. Once he got close enough he created a flurry of signs that was Orochi was barely able to follow given the sort of circumstances. The set of signs lead of a small puff of smoke that resulted in the creation of a shadow clone. The next maneuver Orochi could not follow. All he saw was a whirlwind of chakra starting to swirl around both the clone's and Garner-sensei's right hands. As a result a softball sized ball of chakra formed.

What on earth is that?! Orochi thought to himself as he gripped the kunai even harder. as the catfish's teeth began to sink into the lower abdomen. Orochi was on the verge of passing out from lack of air and blood loss whenever suddenly a Garner-sensei and the clone disappeared from view. Where did he?

As if an answer to his question the catfish convulsed and suddenly went rocketing towards the surface at a tremendous speed. It was all Orochi could do to stay conscious as he and the catfish came bursting out of the lake.
Mar 10, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2009
As Shion watched the water Kemon watched the woods surrounding them in search of hostiles.

"Shion I could really use your help, because this is a lot of ground to cover even with my eyes." Kemon said his voice strained from the stress on his chakra network.

"Oh Kemon stop that already. You know that the threat is in the lake. Not in the woods." She said in a huffy tone that left Kemon speechless. He released the Byuakugan and turned looking at the water. He did not like the fact that he was disobeying orders but Shion was right. He had already been over ever stretch of the nearby woods and their were no enemies to be found. The only threat to them was whatever lie beneath the surface of that lake.

As they stood there Kemon went to say something to Shion when suddenly a massive surge of bubbles began appearing on the water's surface. It was only seconds later when that mammoth of a catfish came floundering out of the water landing in the woods off to their left. The thing was huge and was as big if not bigger than two full grown bears put together.

"What on earth is something like that doing in this lake!?" Shoin gasped as they stared at the mountain of flesh that had flattened a good portion of the immediate tree line.

"That is what I would like to know." Garner said surfacing from the water with an ill-tempered look in his eyes. He quickly got on top of the water using his own chakra as a balance and quickly ran to the fish were he immediately started to search for Orochi. Noticing the other two were just standing there he turned on them. "What are you two waiting for. Your comrade is somewhere around here. Find him."

With that said they broke from their revere and began looking. A few minutes later they found him sprawled out unconscious. He was breathing but he had several wounds across his body. Some were deep where as others were just minor scrapes and bruises. Garner treated the few serious injuries the best he could by nullifying the bleeding while Shion tended to the minor ones by cleaning them and wrapping them.

After several minutes of deep concentration Garner looked up satisfied. Orochi was in no danger of dying anything soon and as long as he didn't push himself to hard the deep wounds would not open again.

"For now let him rest. We'll go back to the campfire and we'll pick up where we left off with the training tomorrow. Understood?" He asked looking from both Kemon to Shion making sure they they understood. Realizing they had he sighed. Picking up Orochi and taking him to the campfire he began to think about what sort of other risks there were going to be on this little mission of theirs. Deciding to push such thoughts aside he decided he would take first watch and allow them to sleep. They did not disagree at this idea and quickly fell asleep from all the excitement they had had.

End of Episode
Dark_TamaMar 10, 2013 11:12 PM
Mar 12, 2013 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
Episode Two

"Giant, catfish!" Orochi yelled causing his teammates to flinch while they sat around the breakfast fire, Kemon even got choked on a fish bone and started coughing hysterically.

"Bastard" Kemon managed to say in between coughs and sipping on water from a nearby creek. Shion giggles to herself as she walks over and offers Orochi a plate of fish.

"Eat up. Sensei says today's training is going to be more intense than it was yesterday." She smiled and walked back to her spot next to the fire where she finished up the last bits of cooked fish.

Orochi stared at the fish for a long time but decided, against his better judgement, that he ought to eat something to keep up his strength. He, of course, did not like fish but he could not say no to a cooked meal. After finishing his meal took a big sip of water and looked up just in time to see Garner-sensei appear from the woods.

"Well seems like everyone is awake. How are you feeling, Orochi? Up for a little more training?" He asked smiling a devilish grin.

"I get the feeling that I don't have a choice in the matter." Orochi said laughing nervously to himself. The others got up and went to get their packs but before they could do that Garner stopped them.

"Hold on a minute guys. This training isn't something you can handle with your packs weighing you down. So for now I'll be taking them with me. Remember we only have two days left. The rest of today and we have to show up by sunset tomorrow. Now as for your training." He walks over and collects the packs and slings them easily across his back. "Your goal for today is to cross the lake using the same chakra manipulation as you did yesterday but we're going to step it up a notch." He made his way to the lakes edge and started walking until he got to the center of the massive lake.

"Oi, Sensei! What are you doing?" Kemon asked. To answer his question a puff of dust hit the ground directly next to the lake. Looking down they noticed a small crater where a tiny pebble now lay at its center.

"Your goal is to make is all the way across the lake while I pelt you would pebbles. Of course the object it to avoid the pebbles but lets just face it. All of you are going to get hit more than once while trying it. Now, let us begin!" he shouted causing the genin to spring into action. Even though they had just learned to technique yesterday all three of them were performing marvelously. Garner let them get about five steps before he started hurling the pebbles towards them. Orochi saw Garner starting to throw the pebbles activated his Sharigan and started dodging them with relative ease. Kemon activated his eyes as well and just batted them away with his gentle fist method. Yet even without those things Shion kept up with them.

"Oi. They are doing better than I thought they would. So let's speed things up, shall we?" Garner said to himself as he started hurling the pebbles a little bit faster than before; however, before he knew it his students were upon him. Their faces full of concentration they flew by Garner without a seconds hesitation. Garner. feeling defeat imminent, decided to give up. He really did have a team of monsters and they were finally showing their true potential at last.
Mar 13, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
They made it across the lake and stood there waiting for Garner who started walking towards them.

"Good job guys. Now let's get going. We have plenty of time but we still need to hurry if we want to get there on time." Garner said before taking up the lead. It took another half a days travel but they finally made it. They appeared outside of the tiny village and by tiny they really meant every form of the word because it seems to be less of a village and more of a small traveling caravan. As they walked up to the outer edges of the village someone came running out towards them.

"Where have you been!? While we were waiting on you the lion killed someone!" a young boy shouted at them tears streaming down his face. Orochi looked at the boy and something stirred in him. Was it remorse? Pity? He could not tell he just knew the feeling was not a pleasant one.

"Meko! Stop this behavior at once!" an elderly gentleman came forward. Others from the village came to witness the commotion. The boy turned fury smearing his face.

"Why would you care!? You have never cared about your people like you ought to." He turned back at the shinobi and sent them a glare that made Kemon's look pleasant then stormed off. Making sure to knock the elder over on his way by. The poor man crumbled to the ground and everyone near him went to his aid. As he landed roughly against the ground a swift and loud crack resonated though out the crowd. The poor man moaned while holding his deathly thin hip. Several ran after the boy while the others slowly lifted him off the ground and carried him off to his tent. Another woman stayed behind, watching the others go.

"The job is simple. Get rid of the lion by any means necessary." she turned to look at us a worn look stretched across her face. She too had been crying but it was unknown as to why. " It has caused us enough grief as it is." she said and without another word she walked off following the group back to the old man's tent.

"Well that was, interesting to say the least." Garner said without the least bit of remorse in his voice. He looked at his team and smiled. "Shall we look for" he was cut off by a sudden ear aching scream and a roar that made Orochi's heart flutter.

"You were saying, sensei?" Kemon said activating his Byuakugan and scanning the village. Moments later his jaw dropped. He found the lion but it was nothing like he had ever seen. The lion was huge! At least eight feet tall and six feet long. Garner noted Kemon's reaction but his own had become serious.

"Which way, Kemon." It was all Kemon could due to point in the direction the lion was at. Then as if the lion knew someone were looking at him he turned in the direction of Kemon and roared sending Kemon sprawling backwards. Cold sweat beaded down his brow and Garner took the hint. "You guys stay here. I don't know what we're up against and I frankly don't want you wasting your lives over something like this." with that he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Was it really that bad, Kemon?" Shion knelt down placing a comforting arm on his shoulder. The close contact startled him a bit but woke him up from his daze.

"Yes it was bad but I won't leave Garner-sensei to deal with himself." He got up and ran off in the direction that the lion's roar. Shion looked worried but followed him without question. Orochi stood there for a moment for some reason the intimacy that Kemon and Shion showed towards each other made him jealous. Sure they were all friends and rivals but those two seemed unusually close. Knowing that he could think about it later he took off right behind them.
Mar 14, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2009
After a minute of jumping around people and tents Orochi finally made it to the origin of the roar he did not like what he saw.

The lion roared causing Orochi to almost wet himself. Was this even considered a lion anymore? His white furry rippled as he walked revealing nothing but pure muscle underneath. Was this what they were going to be fighting? At that moment Orochi did something that he had never done before. He looked for an escape route. He had no death wish and sure as hell did not want to die before he even got the chance to really live. Then something snapped him out of his hysteria.

"Nabi!?" Looking around Orochi saw Garner's face in shock. At first he thought he had been dreaming, or having a nightmare. Then Garner repeated it and took a couple of steps forward.

"Garner-sensei? You know this lion?!" Shion asked breathing hard from somewhere off to Orochi's left. She did not have the stamina that Kemon and Orochi had so the earlier training exercise had exhausted her.

"Yes. Nabi and I have been friends since we were both kids. Nabi! What is wrong with you?!" Garner said taking another step forward only to fall back as Nabi swung his massive paw at his throat.

"If I were you I wouldn't get to homey with Nabi, Garner. He isn't his old self." a woman's voice echoed through the tents. Hearing the new voice made Garner scowl.

"Senata! Where are you!?" Garner lashed out causing the whole group to flinch. Feeling around for hostile presence was still hard for Orochi and this woman, Senata, was not making it easy to detect. Garner stood up and flung a kunai to his right aiming it for a nearby tent's shadow. Orochi and the others watched it confused for a moment until the sound of metal clashing and the kunai thudded into the ground.

"You found me faster than last time. I'm a little impressed." Orochi's jaw dropped as the voice finally had a face but it wasn't the face that disturbed him but the eyes.

"You're an Uchiha!' Orochi said breathlessly staring at the woman who had his clan's eyes.
Mar 14, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
The woman said Senata looked at him and smiled.

"Why yes I am. I am assuming that you're one as well given your reaction to these." she said pointing to her eyes. Garner did not wait for Orochi to answer and instead simply barked out orders.

"You three get out of here now. I do not know what she has done to Nabi but if he is under her control this is bad." he looked nervous which was something you never wanted to see of your commanding officer. He turned to them and smiled hesitantly. "Your orders are to return to the village and get a back up team on the move. I'll hold her off as long as I can. Now go!" he roared leaving no time for the others to argue they hastily took off leaving Garner behind with sweat droplets starting to slide down his cheek.

"Lets begin shall we?"

--------------------------------------------------------

As Orochi took off he felt guilt ragging through his stomach. He hated the thought of leaving a team member behind but he knew he could not disobey a direct order either. He was torn but he was not given much time to think because as soon as they made it out of the village they were forced to stop. Standing there before them were another pair of figures and these two did not look the same as Senata. They looked more feral and this did not bode well for them.

"So I see Nee-san left me with left overs again. Oh well how about it Nintarou. You hungry?" The woman asked the cat-like creature standing right behind her.

"Very, though they look smaller than what I am used to." he said licking his yellowed fangs as he sized up kids with his blood red eyes.

"True, but don't forget I always keep the girl for myself. They are always have best meat.

Orochi and Kemon looked to Shion whose breath had not improved in the least and they knew she would not be able to last long if it came down to a fight. So instead the two boys nodded to each other and took up a defensive position in front of Shion.

"You aren't going to touch our friend." Kemon said smiling with confidence that Orochi neither shared nor appreciated given the circumstances but he kept his mouth shut knowing they could not afford to argue during a time like this.

"We'll see." the cat said laughing as both he and the woman started their attack.
Mar 14, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
"Fūton: Wind Cutter Technique!" the woman roared swinging the blade attached to her arm in a wide arc sending a thin air wave soaring forward. Orochi activated his sharingan and likewise Kemon activated his Byuakugan. Both of them seeing the technique's path they reacted. Orochi jumped up and rotated his body above the blast of air while Kemon grabbed Shion and they dropped to the ground allowing the air current to blast right over them.

Orochi formed a sign and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Kemon knew what he was doing as soon as he disappeared and he did not want to waste the distraction. He turned to Shion and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Go and get help. We'll hold them off. Go!" Shion did not know wanted to protest but Kemon had already took off towards the pair just as Orochi popped out of the body flicker behind the enemy. Sensing there was an enemy behind them the cat turned and roared. They were surrounded for about as good as that would do but the enemy was not going to allow them to get the upper hand that easily. The woman shot forward faster than Kemon thought possible and swung her blade It was all Kemon could do to just dodge it. While she went after Kemon the cate took off after Orochi. Orochi watched his movements and saw the cats chakra starting to build up in his paws.

Orochi slide a couple of rigged kunai and flung them at the cat. Thinking they were ordinary kunai the cat let them bounce harmlessly off his armor. After they bounced off Orochi put his real plan into action. He formed another seal and the two kunai exploded mere inches from the cat causing him to roar in surprise. Knowing he couldn't keep his sharingan up for a long length of time he powered it down and headed towards Kemon who was slowly getting pushed back by the woman.

------------------------------------------------------

Kemon jumped back as the woman swung her blades again and again. It was all he could do to just dodge them, and he knew with her skill a counter attack was out of the question unless he had help. So he continued to dodge while he waited for Orochi, but he did not have to wait long because Orochi was already upon the woman swinging a Kunai blade towards her back. Knowing he could not let her get wind of their plan Kemon decided to take a risk and attack as well leaving himself open. Then out of the blue the woman whistled and the next couple of seconds were a flurry of movements and to be honest Kemon lost track of his own body.

As soon as she had whistled the cat had sprung the trap and she was obviously the bait because he swatted Orochi to the side like a rag doll sending him flying straight into a nearby boulder where the resulting collision knocked him out instantly. The only thing Kemon saw was the woman's red eyes and he realized all to late that it was a Sharingan. She saw right through us! Was all he thought as he world went upside down as she grabbed his forearm and threw him causing him to land hard. Winded he could not do anything as the woman came forward. She picked Kemon up and wrapped an arm around his neck and all he remembered after that was darkness as he slowly but surely passed out.

~Episode End~
Dark_TamaMar 14, 2013 1:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I Want To Be The Best I Can Be. (Chikusa - Joinable)[dont delete] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ruseo - Oct 11, 2012

654 by Ruseo »»
Oct 19, 2014 1:51 PM

» Land of the Unknown (open for anyone but it takes place in the middle of nowhere)

wolfman2299 - Jan 28, 2014

2 by wolfman2299 »»
Feb 8, 2014 1:47 AM

Sticky: » (!NEW!) Chakra Point (CP) System (!OPEN!)

TaizenKyo - Oct 8, 2012

47 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 7:53 PM

Poll: » Idea for a New System.

baxter09 - Apr 30, 2013

13 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 7:50 PM

Sticky: » (!NEW!) Jutsu and Technique List (!OPEN!)

TaizenKyo - Oct 8, 2012

47 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.