Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2013 8:08 AM

Mar 2009
below is a system we have been looking at and we would like your views :)

Okay I have been away from the club and doing any posts for a while but that isn’t because I have been lazy...well a little lazy <.< but I have also been working on a new system sort of!

Ninjutsu – this still works the same as the current ninjutsu stat since it worked fairly well. Will have sub categories.
Genjutsu – Same as before since we can’t do much with Gen. However the Gen system will come later with a few changes.
Taijutsu – This determines how skilled one is in Taijutsu and will work similar to the Ninjutsu stat.
Weapon skill – same as before since this one is fairly simple.
Chakra – same as before but the chakra system has gotten a few changes which will be seen later.
Strength – How strong you are.
Speed – This is how fast you can move from point A to B.
Recharge – a new category. Recharge determines how much chakra one recovers since people can recover chakra better than others. Now i was thinking of a sub category for this one but that will come later in the system.
Special – This is another new system that I have come up with and this category will have sub categories under it as well.

For now I will talk about the obvious changes to the current Stat system and this is the removal of the Intel stat since nobody really uses this Stat anymore and never has. The Main changes are the two new categories and the sub categories.

Ninjutsu

Recharge

Special

Now for this system I’m thinking we would let people have around 10,000 or 12,000 points. Not sure about the points yet.

Now if we changed the stat system and the amount of points people start off with then the ranks should and could probably be altered slightly.

Genin – 500 point start: you don’t start out with a lot of points since well at this stage your still pretty damn weak and your just a young little kid beginning your adventure into the brave and scary world of the shinobi~

Chunin – 1000sp: you can reach Chunin fairly quickly since we have seen that strength wise the difference between Genin and Chunin isn’t massive but at the same time it isn’t close.

Jonin – 4000sp: The gap between Chunin and Jonin is quite large. This is because compared to the lower ranks the skill and power of a Jonin is considerably more. It is much harder to reach this level and takes a lot longer. By this stage the once young shinobi has seen the harsh world of a shinobi and has begun to grow up into a man if he hasn’t already.

Anbu – 8000 sp: once again this is quite a jump from Jonin but that is because the higher levels are always much harder to reach. An Anbu is somebody that has been a Jonin for quite some time and so has become a lot stronger than the average Jonin. So because of this they have reached a new level known as Anbu and are between Kage level and Jonin level.

Kage – 12000sp: you have reached it! You have reached the pinnacle of your power and stand amongst the strongest of shinobi! You have grown into a powerful man or woman that has the power to change the world or certainly can help give it one mighty push. During your journey you have seen many things and now at your pinnacle you can either choose to change the world for better or worse...

Ninjutsu system –
baxter09Apr 30, 2013 8:31 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 30, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
Meant to put yes with some tweaks:p sooo that makes 3
Apr 30, 2013 9:12 AM
Feb 2013
It looks kinda nice but if you had to make Jonin 4000SP it might be better to have it like this Special Jounin at 2000SP since they achieve their rank cause of a specialty while you can 4000SP as regular Jonin and 6000SP experienced Jonin..

Could also maybe say Special Jonin can only have a certain number of A-rank skills like maybe only 1 or something like that.

Recharge might be interesting if balanced well

But i think you would probably have to give everyone in the club some compensation SP and starting at 500SP would mean we worked hard for nothing, so then all current RP'ers should get a bonus 450SP since we all started with 50SP just to be fair so that new comers do not join and start killing us all cause they got to catch up like beasts

As always i give my thoughts on everything
stop lookin for a sign(ature) and move along
Apr 30, 2013 9:16 AM

Jul 2008
This is still far too complicated and won't drag in new members. Also, we don't need a new system, we need more active admins. More active admins can olve every problem this system is trying to solve (and will inevitably fail at)
Apr 30, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2009
i suggest you just add its so we can gain more sp. there shouldnt be a real limit. i mean look at when you think of a normal kage level like third hokage then match him up with hashirama. hashirama could blow him away. So maby add more levels like sannin and ninja masters. instead of changing the ranks we have now
I miss rping here.....
Apr 30, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2010
It could work, but you'd have to reevaluate all current characters as well as most of them would lose a vast number of abilities they already have due to the changes. A lot of play styles would have to be heavily revamped.

If you implement this it won't be a minor upgrade or alteration, this'll be a major overhaul. Without active admins that know the new system inside and out there could be major pile ups in character reaction. Not the mention that a lot of the current threads would be stalled as everyone reworked their characters.

I'm okay with tweaking some stuff and I like the break downs into subcategories as well as the recharge stat. As for Blood Awakening I think it should be set at 500sp, that would be all of your starting sp which makes sense since you're starting with something very powerful.

Other than that I could approve this with a few more tweaks and a bit more fleshing out. Need to have the transition be almost seamless if we can. ^.^
Apr 30, 2013 11:38 AM
Oct 2012
Hmm....The system is good(has some flaws that can be fixed) But i think of 3 main cons:
1.We need to remake our character.That means a lot of calculating, thinking and other sh*t
2. As mentioned before, system that complicated can scare away new members, leaving.... er..... 20 active people?
3. We don't have enough active admins and this kind of change means more work for them.(we can't lose Tali and Psy!!!! *kitty face*)

To sum up, the system is good, but very complicated. We need to solve the inactivness problem first, then make this system.
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to death, nor known to life.
Have whitstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, these hands will never hold anything,
So, as I pray: Unlimited Blade Works
And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
The thousandth knife found my liver;
The thousandth enemy said to me,
'Now you shall die,
Now none shall know.'
And the fool, looking down, believed this,
Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
Each one remembering.
Apr 30, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
i still believe we need room for more created techniques. i feel that everything besides bloodline jutsu are repeated endlessly. you also left out sealing techniques.

what about special items? such as swords with powers and chakra armor?

its a great idea, but there are still a few holes. i made a suggestion about an idea for created jutsu but i dont think anyone really took note of it but i believe it would fix some of the repeat and make it more enjoyable
Apr 30, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2010
I voted for yes with tweaks. It isn't much of a big deal for me to rework my character since i already have the main idea of what stats I want to go into and this doesn't really change that. Plus the fact that Team Itonami has stalled out means I have all the time in the world to figure out any complications. My big concern is that everything that was done by all of us in past threads wouldn't have necessarily happened then with these new stats. So fluidity with old and new threads could be a problem.

I wouldn't really call all of this complicated. It is very simple, just more options to choose from. The fact there are more options doesn't mean it is more difficult to figure out. This is at most close to the complexity of choosing stats and skills in something like an MMORPG, and yet lots of people play them. I feel the reason more people don't rp is because they can be intimidated by the amount of stuff we put in to it. That was my reason for not joining SW for a long time. I didn't feel like I was at the level everyone else was and didn't want to be a nuisance. Most of the rps I have seen around MAL, people are content with just putting up one liners all the time. They just want casual rp. So when they come here, they either don't want to change or they don't have the ability to change and so they give up. So in my opinion, it isn't the stat system that deters the person, it is the person themselves.

I do agree with a few people that the adminship has taken a huge hit. Now with only around 3 admins that are active, their jobs have gotten tougher (at this point in time) which ends up hurting the entire club so that it has become what it is now. It's crazy the huge shift that has happened in just a couple of months. I understand that RL should always take priority over MAL, so I don't blame the rest of the admins for their lack of activity. But I'm just saying something should be done to help with this problem.

Youmi Academy ID
May 1, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
I think we should just take some key ideas of this new one and add it to the old one. That way, no one loses half of their current abilities, we don't retcon anything, and we can ease into something more complicated later if we must.
May 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Mar 2009
Voted no. I don't think this system needs a re-haul, inevitably with the vague descriptions of what each category has planned and the "sub-categories" coming soon, I foresee a big issue coming up in the future. I think Talia is right in that we need more active admins instead of trying to rework old systems.

If I should point out one or two systems that need an overhaul it is the Genjutsu system and quite possibly the Jinchurriki system.

Yours Truly~
Did you know every time you sigh, a little bit of happiness escapes? ~Senjougahara Hitagi
May 4, 2013 10:25 PM

Jun 2009
To be honest I like the system. Of course it needs tweaks this is only the rough draft and there is no way that someone can get a solid system the first time around; however, I have to agree with Motion and Talia on this one. Right now we need to focus on activity in the admins. We have 8 admins, not including Tai since he is the creator, and only three are active. That is a serious problem. So I too suggest we focus on more current matters right now instead of possibly creating new ones with a brand new system.

If this would of been put forward whenever we had the reset months ago I would approved it in a heart beat but now is just not the time to mess with such things.
No matter what blade you possess, it is impossible to cut a single flower that blooms in the wilderness that has become my home. ~Unknown
May 4, 2013 10:46 PM

Nov 2009
So most of us agree that the inactivity of admins are the most important issue, however we then run into another problem. Simply asking the current admins will not solve anything, they will either be active or they will not. Unfortunatly they are not. However there really isnt anyone tha can take their places. the only active members are a handful of people including myself and i dont think we are trusted enough by current admins to be given the responsibility. So we are stuck with a problem with no real solution
I miss rping here.....
Jan 27, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2010
what if my clans technique is sage mode? would i still follow sage mode stats or bloodline? im part of jugos clan
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I Want To Be The Best I Can Be. (Chikusa - Joinable)[dont delete] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ruseo - Oct 11, 2012

654 by Ruseo »»
Oct 19, 2014 1:51 PM

» Land of the Unknown (open for anyone but it takes place in the middle of nowhere)

wolfman2299 - Jan 28, 2014

2 by wolfman2299 »»
Feb 8, 2014 1:47 AM

Sticky: » (!NEW!) Chakra Point (CP) System (!OPEN!)

TaizenKyo - Oct 8, 2012

47 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 7:53 PM

Sticky: » (!NEW!) Jutsu and Technique List (!OPEN!)

TaizenKyo - Oct 8, 2012

47 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 7:43 PM

Sticky: » (!NEW!) Character Stat System (!OPEN!) ( 1 2 )

TaizenKyo - Oct 8, 2012

56 by wolfman2299 »»
Jan 27, 2014 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.