Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
This one is pretty simple. Which of the 3 heroes is your favorite?

I like all three of them a lot, but I rank them:
Touma > Accelerator > Shiage
Soge_king999Feb 7, 2013 8:45 PM
Feb 4, 2013 6:43 PM
Dec 2012
Same; Touma, then Accelerator, then Shiage
Feb 5, 2013 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
With NT6, I'd have to say Thor but sadly he doesn't count...yet.
Really, Hamazura doesn't hold a candle against Touma or Accel. It's only a battle between the two for the top spot. I'll just mirror your answers though since that's what I think as well.
Feb 25, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2011
can't choose between touma and accelerator >.<

May 18, 2013 5:39 PM
Mar 2013
Touma is #1.
Misaka Mikoto is #2
Accelerator, Hamazura, Misaki are #3.

Granted: I added some other characters, but in reality this is my order.

Accelerator=Hamazura just because Hamazura is a boss because he always beats the probabilities of Aleister's plans and is the only character to have done so, other than Fiamma but has done so more times, which makes him a boss in my eyes. Touma is just naturally #1 and Mikoto has her own manga/anime franchise, plus a lot of other good roles so she is #2. Misaki is tied for #3 after seeing railgun manga and NT 7...
May 18, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
I can't decide between Accelerator and Hamazura for #1, but #3 is Touma.
May 19, 2013 12:39 AM

Aug 2009
Accelerator(for everything)>Hamazure(for turning from a loser to an anomaly)>Touma
May 19, 2013 12:43 AM

Mar 2012
Touma>Mikoto>Accelerator>Itsuwa>Tsucimikado>Hamazura>Index
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 23, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Hamazura, he needs more love :P
Jul 31, 2013 8:26 PM

Sep 2011
Touma=Hamazura>Accelerator

I like all three, but the above is my preference, I have a bit more respect for those with little to no power than one who can basically wreck everything (not that Accel dosen't have weaknesses, especially now, but still...)
Jan 19, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
Hamazura really is a great hero. As badass as Touma is, Hamazura's story arc was much more streamlined and more compelling. I cared about all those characters involved with his incident, but with Touma? I don't think so.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 13, 2016 1:42 AM

Jan 2016
Accelerator, hands down. His strong desire to protect those whom he cares about and his pursuit for redemption is the main driving force of his development. Which is admirable and extremely relatable.

Though, Hamazura Shiage would be a close second. Despite being a Level 0 without any other "powers" his desire to also protect anyone whom he cares about is also admirable and relatable too.

Kamijou Touma would be the last but he's still a good hero. He's not a straight stereotypical hero of justice but I can't relate to him for the most part(except in Othinus Arc).

Also consider this quote from Aiwass:
"There are many different types of heroes... There are those who aren’t told what to do and just move straight ahead following the feelings welling up within... There are those who committed a major crime in the past and try to walk down the right path due to the anguish that crime brings them... And there are those who were chosen by no one and possess none of the characteristics one would expect of a hero and yet become a hero for that one person they care for. Each of those types is the type of person who will always stand back up when knocked to the ground."
ethotMar 13, 2016 1:53 AM
Sep 22, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2016
For me
TouMAN>Accelerator>Shiage
Mar 10, 2022 6:48 AM

Nov 2019
Late to this thread but my rank is like this: (Main series only)

1. Touma (Entertainment: 9/10; Feats: 9/10; Complexity: 9/10; Growth: 8/10; Depth: 10/10)

2. Accelerator (Entertainment: 9/10; Feats: 8/10; Complexity: 8/10; Growth: 10/10; Depth: 8/10)

3. Hamazura (Entertainment: 8/10; Feats: 8/10; Complexity: 8/10; Growth: 9/10; Depth: 7/10)
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 24, 2022 11:58 AM
Jan 2019
Wow Laplace... Who knew you would bring back such an old topic! Seriously, I didn't even know it existed around here.

Well, for me, first I put Toumato, the man in a plant state who is still alive by the plot armor (Well, that's the least reason he's actually alive, but I like to point this out)
Honestly, I'm still a little hesitant to classify him as a hero, but he comes first for his poor guy's charisma (both in a connotative and denotative sense), the complexity of an extensive food web to understand every niche that passes in your head and also for being carried by the CHAD GUY ENERGY!!!
!!! Being more specific, I like the beauty that his lies and selfishness are formed, I love seeing how the author develops between the lines the psychological problems that the boy suffers, which due to his personality, one hour explode because he keeps everything to himself. yes I love your philosophy and I find Touma's correlation between the present and the past interesting. Even with all that, for me one of his strongest points is how he always manages to come up with a selfish answer (as much as he's lying to himself) to confront the villains' ideals and the answers that seem right and that everyone would take. at first sight

Second I'll put Accel-chan, or for the more affectionate ones, Yuriko! This guy is completely tsun tsun, a dark but responsible overpowed guy. I love his intelligence and wit, his way of acquiring redemption and the very philosophy of what a villain is for him, which differs a little from Touman.

Oh, and well.... Hamazura is Hamazura, isn't he? I'm not a fan of his, but at least I like it. As much as I find the concept of it being a bug in the codes of any villain scheme interesting, looking a little further on, I see that this is just a better-crafted plot armor. I find him amusing and it's interesting to see his journey to him shrink back into his own insignificance and realize that even though he's a nobody, he could still save someone in front of him. I think his story is about valuing mediocrity, but it doesn't seem like such an assertive message for a trainer of magical gods like him...... Anyway, I still have to reread it to see if I really understand Hamazura

TAMNI-GTMar 24, 2022 12:02 PM

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.