Forum Settings
Forums

josei anime - with a hint of romance, horror, goth, or even comedy

New
Feb 3, 2013 3:09 PM
Oct 2012
Hey Everyone,

So I am 24, and I'm getting a little tired of school life anime featuring school girls chasing boys, nose bleeds, etc..

when i try to search up adult themed anime i get a crapload of panty shots (i don't swing that way).. and explicit content, which as an adult i don't mind too much, but it's not something i'd watch in-between writing papers and essays, or when i come home from a long day of work...

when i search up horror, there's never enough creepy, scary scenes... and too much gore.. (although, I did like Elfen Lied which was super gory).. "shiki" had the right amount of creepiness but not enough romance..

What I am looking for (ideally) is a josei anime with romance, horror (but not excessive gore, and unfortunately those two often come together), gothic dark themes, a hint of comedy (even if it's dark humour).

I would also like the main character to be a young adult female of a strong character (not whiny and weak). she could have self-esteem issues, 'ill allow it (as in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Sunako had self-confidence problems but I loved her obsession with skulls and creepy things, but the way they animated her like a little girl and all the nosebleeds kinda killed it for me)

Also, I like mystery (suspense!) and I'm fine with reverse harem (what girl wouldn't like a group of hot guys giving her attention when she's not even doing anything out of the ordinary to attract them?) d:

wow..... this turned out to be a very confusing post.. I am aware that there probably isn't an anime out there with all of the qualities that I want, but a combination of any of the things I've outlined above would be awesome. the only thing i'd say is that josei is a must, and a female lead character (is that the same thing?) :S

thank you all for reading this! any help would be greatly appreciated. i've watched quite a bit of anime already, check out my profile for the ones i particularly liked. (Sebastian Michaelis♥ hehe)

happy watching! (or reading)

~Em
Jan 16, 2014 4:51 PM
Aug 2013
im also very picky when it comes to anime here is a couple of animes I've seen that you might like.

-ghost hunt
-Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
can only think of two at the moment XP sorry hope i kinda helped

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 6 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
4 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
4 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.