Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 31, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
rederoin said:
This 'joke' has gone on for way to long.

But thats just how the internet is, they love beating up on a dead horse.

Implying we're joking.
Oct 15, 2013 8:21 PM

Aug 2011
Why wouldn't I seriously give this a 10? I mean, it's fucking great.

No, in all seriousness, this is the dumbest show ever... they meant it to be, and that's why it's awesome. Inferno Cop is the hero we need.
Feb 7, 2014 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
This type of show is difficult to rate. Yes, it is stupid, but it is supposed to be, and it is stupid in a very entertaining way. I find it successful, so it merits a rating at the high end of the scale. I have tentatively given it an 8, but I might revise my rating upward, and those who think it deserves a 10 may yet convince me that it does.

When I encounter an anime that is unusually stupid or has an overwhelming level of some other characteristic usually considered "bad," I try to determine whether it is intentionally bad in a way that speaks well of the warped and creative minds of its producers or it is unintentionally (or perhaps intentionally) bad in a way that fails spectacularly. I find "Inferno Cop" to be the former type. It is obviously a very low budget production, but its creators made great use of their limited resources, turning the program's extreme technical limitations into an asset. Had this series been made with better production values, it probably wouldn't have worked. The story is random and nonsensical, the voice acting is over-the-top, and the dialogue is absurd. These characteristics contribute to its success since they fit its general atmosphere.

I suppose it is no surprise that people might compare "Inferno Cop" to "Mars of Destruction. "Mars" is god-awful to the point that it is hilarious, but it is definitely the second type of bad anime. It is a spectacular failure with terrible production values, bad acting, and inane dialogue, but it feels like it is trying to be serious. It is this type of anime that will earn a 1 from me, and those rare programs that earn this rating are masterpieces of a sort - masterpieces of failure. "Inferno Cop" is simply not in this class; it is far too successful in accomplishing what it is trying to do.

"Inferno Cop" is a breath of fresh air. It does not take itself seriously, and it reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Feb 9, 2014 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
I seriously loved this show and I feel insulted when people say I'm trolling when they see that I gave it a 10/10.

Just realized that this was a 4 month old thread. Why would you necro? Leave the dead in peace.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 10, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2010
I thought it was okay, a bit funny at times but that's pretty much all there was going on for it. Gave it a 6/10 because it's actually a 2 minutes series that isn't outright bad.
Sep 18, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2014
The show totally deserves it. It's fucking hilarious.

It made me laugh more than any full budget, 20-min and 24 episode shows while having only 3 minutes and 13 episodes.

Being able to do this is certainly amazing.
Sep 21, 2014 11:49 PM

Jan 2014
Why not. It is a great look at what it takes to be the definition of awesome.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vylash - Mar 18, 2013

190 by Green_Soda_123 »»
Mar 26, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Marow - Dec 25, 2012

174 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Jan 27, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wasad - Mar 4, 2013

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Inferno Cop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

70 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 26, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.