Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 16, 2012 7:33 AM
Feb 2012
I know it may sound rude but i never liked the original ending in Neon Genesis Evangelion where Shinji does in Asuka after everyone else dies and is dubbed the king of looser's (his weak willed character really annoyed me the entire series lol as they say take a spoon full of cement and toughen up) sure people can add meaning to that but its still simply weak kid cant handle reality etc etc.

so now that's out of the way i was wondering if the remake had a hope of a better ending maybe one where he mans up a little and takes charge in deciding a much better ending (or at least makes Rei and Asuka his womans, now a harem style story twist would be epic and if someone can confirm that this is true i will endeavor to forget the past and watch it.

then again if someone says that it goes all school days and its Shinji that gets the brutal end then again i will endeavor to forget the past and watch it (sure it would be a messy ending but i prefer seeing the strong willed Asuka as the lone survivor then some brat with everything issues)

so bring forth your responses

PS: On another note when the old series ended and Shinji was left alone i have a hunch, he was reborn as Sasuke in Naruto only to once again bring us the unrelenting notion of a whiny kid who can't eat that spoon of cement and toughen up (sure he has kick ass abilities like his old self had the giant robot suite, but deep down he is still an emo cry baby :-)
Nov 16, 2012 7:38 AM

Apr 2012
Yep, all better. I even had the same feels I had when watching TTGL at some point.
Nov 16, 2012 7:42 AM
Feb 2012
EratiK said:
Yep, all better. I even had the same feels I had when watching TTGL at some point.

lol so does he say "I'll dig a hole to the future!" ?

that would be funny

PS: maybe a combine would be funny too, a way for an epic win against any angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfUTihyusSg
FlackStar007Nov 16, 2012 7:45 AM
Nov 16, 2012 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
He says "Koi!".
Nov 16, 2012 7:52 AM

Jun 2009
It was oh so incredibly hard to take the opening post seriously from the second paragraph on. Are you seriously saying that a harem "route" would make for a better anime? Oh boy...

And, I'm not knocking harems. I believe there is a time and a place for them. But, that just doesn't fit this franchise.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 16, 2012 7:56 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 16, 2012 8:05 AM
Feb 2012
insan3soldiern said:
It was oh so incredibly hard to take the opening post seriously from the second paragraph on. Are you seriously saying that a harem "route" would make for a better anime? Oh boy...

And, I'm not knocking harems. I believe there is a time and a place for them. But, that just doesn't fit this franchise.

hehe don't worry a lot of what i say is not serious, I agree a full on harem like say like, to love ru would be as far away from the franchise as you could possibly go (though it would be cute to see Rei eating tasty snacks like the assassin chick does, but a more subtle path to a harem paradise would be fine :-)
Nov 16, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
FlackStar007 said:
insan3soldiern said:

hehe don't worry a lot of what i say is not serious, I agree a full on harem like say like, to love ru would be as far away from the franchise as you could possibly go (though it would be cute to see Rei eating tasty snacks like the assassin chick does, but a more subtle path to a harem paradise would be fine :-)

Actually, there are some spinoff manga that may be fairly close to what you are talking about. I haven't read it, but there is a manga that takes place in the setting that Shinji escaped to in episode 25, the school life setting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 27, 2009

563 by Ten »»
Apr 7, 4:15 PM

» Stop after this movie if you dont want to be disappointed

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

40 by Zero00phantom »»
Apr 2, 4:44 PM

» Mari being an insert for Hideaki’s wife

hanekawastiddi - Sep 3, 2023

6 by certainmiracle »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:00 PM

» Why They've shown Rei Nippels but didn't show Asuka Nippels?

LoliSenpai0x - Aug 6, 2020

9 by Jun_Rei »»
Feb 28, 2023 1:38 PM

» Shinji is gigachad

samthestan - Nov 26, 2021

6 by JohnLivelyMan »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.