Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you want more fanservice in the SAO anime?/like the fanservice in SAO?
I Like the fanservice but don't want more of it :)
18.0%
I like the fanservice and i want more of it :D
18.4%
I don't like the fanservice but want more of it -____- (who would vote for this?)
6.0%
I don't like the fanservice and don't want more of it :/
36.7%
i don't care about the fanservice
21.0%
267 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 12, 2012 3:03 PM

Aug 2007
It is Ok whith the fanservice it has, no less no more.
Sep 12, 2012 3:22 PM

Dec 2007
lol... "not wanting fanservice" wtf is wrong with you guys? you sterile? lololol
Sep 12, 2012 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
-Kurisu- said:
lol... "not wanting fanservice" wtf is wrong with you guys? you sterile? lololol

nah they're just mad cuz kirito fucked their "waifu"
Sep 12, 2012 6:45 PM
Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:

Except it is not a current trend. It is just that your perception only sees it now. Turn back time and check out older stuff from Gainax like Ebichu, Go Nagai stories, Lupin, and even Touch had fan services that revolved around Minami. The list goes on, what you are seeing now isn't new but there might be different amounts of bounce & shake than shows from the 70s.

I'm talking about the current trend of fan services, it means at this time, right now, 9 out of 10 anime nowadays always contain sexual activities such as nudity, pantsu shot, showing bra, bikini etc ( SAO, Hyouka, Kuroko basket, campione, etc, or I can tell you at least 5 anime show each season which contains at least 1 fan service scene from 2009 till now - that makes it 3 years, enough to call the "current time", which means the present).

I'm not mentioning about those older shows back in 70s or something, that time there were no standards for fan services as it only began to become a defenition. You still don't understand? I'm using the word "current", why did you bring older stuff to discuss about? It's you who always bring pointless stuff into the discussion.

I think it's pointless explaining stuff to you anyway, it's okay if you don't agree with my opinion, but it doesn't make my point becomes wrong. If you disagree, then so be it, I don't care if you agree or not cause most of your points seem invalid to me anyway. My points will stay the same and I don't intend to change it.

Have fun then.
HibiChouchouSep 12, 2012 7:33 PM
Sep 12, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
It's okay with me as long as it doesn't have panty shots everywhere.
Sep 12, 2012 11:57 PM
Jul 2012
By Fanservice you mean this...?

Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 13, 2012 2:12 AM

Dec 2007
HibiChouchou said:
And that comes from a person with 6 months on MAL.

If all your time spend is on MAL, with 2500+ post counts, why not use it to watch anime? (113 completed show), it's gonna enlighten you about the world of anime, rather than wasting time posting trashes. And by derailing stuff, meaningless debate, correcting people make him an elite in your eyes, then so be it.

Elite in my eyes, is, just for example, I'm gonna use this guy:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Archaeon
Watch a lot of shows, having many constructive reviews, recommendations for new comers. Do I need to explain further? I don't think it's necessary.

And, it's a fact, this guy above is the real elite

Oh well, good luck and have fun.

damn.. he has more than me
Sep 13, 2012 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
FailAtLife said:
By Fanservice you mean this...?

Iknowwhatyoumean it's especially hot around this time of anime season
Sep 13, 2012 4:56 AM

Sep 2010
I'm talking about the current trend of fan services, it means at this time, right now, 9 out of 10 anime nowadays always contain sexual activities such as nudity, pantsu shot, showing bra, bikini etc ( SAO, Hyouka, Kuroko basket, campione, etc, or I can tell you at least 5 anime show each season which contains at least 1 fan service scene from 2009 till now - that makes it 3 years, enough to call the "current time", which means the present).

Why should I have to name shows that don't use sexual fan service when I am not disagreeing with sexual fan service being the most dominate form? What I have said though is that this current trend isn't a new trend as older eras have also used sexual fan service as the dominate type of fan service.

I'm not mentioning about those older shows back in 70s or something, that time there were no standards for fan services as it only began to become a defenition. You still don't understand? I'm using the word "current", why did you bring older stuff to discuss about? It's you who always bring pointless stuff into the discussion.

By no standards you mean standards you simply don't know about.

"Keith Russell regards the beginning of fan service as taking place in a permissive context, when "kids were just doing kids' stuff", which he believes allowed authors some latitude in regards to their subject matter. Beginning in the 1970s with Cutey Honey, and continuing later with other magical girl shows, fan service became more risqué. By the 1980s full frontal nudity and shower scenes became standard content for fan service. Later, Hideaki Anno who had promised Neon Genesis Evangelion would give "every episode...something for the fans to drool over" began removing the fan service imagery in later episodes. Those later episodes that did contain fan service elements juxtaposed them with imagery of the character in some kind of emotional trauma. Since then, fan service rarely contains full nudity. Excessive content is now usually considered gratuitous regardless of its justification in relation to the narrative in which it takes place."

It's not a matter of the current trend of fan service or the term fan service getting a definition recently it's all about your relative poor knowledge about anime history. The term has been used and defined way before this decade. Fan service as been trending since the 70s and hasn't stopped. When the anime boom happened the amount of anime made per year jumped from 50-75 to 150-200 and naturally since all types of anime increased so did fan service oriented ones. The only notable trend now is when Western fans try to pretend fan service is a new concept and is larger than it really is.

Sep 13, 2012 5:18 AM
Sep 2011
I think it's pointless explaining stuff to you anyway, it's okay if you don't agree with my opinion, but it doesn't make my point becomes wrong. If you disagree, then so be it, I don't care if you agree or not cause most of your points seem invalid to me anyway. My points will stay the same and I don't intend to change it.

Bye, oh thks for writing such an essay but I didn't read it though. Most of them are craps anyway.
HibiChouchouSep 13, 2012 5:29 AM
Sep 13, 2012 5:37 AM

Sep 2010
Bye, oh thks for writing such an essay but I didn't read it though. Most of them are craps anyway.

Such a shame. Do tell me what is your reading limit and I'll try to construct posts that cater to your reading level.

Sep 13, 2012 5:38 AM

Sep 2012
I don't like the fanservice but want more of it -____- (who would vote for this?) (your vote)

I-It's not like I like the FANSERVICE or anything... I just ...WANTED to, alright?! Baka...
Sep 13, 2012 5:56 AM
Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:

Such a shame. Do tell me what is your reading limit and I'll try to construct posts that cater to your reading level.

It's not about reading limit, it's about too much trashes that hurt my eyes.
Try to limit them and I will take a look at your posts :).

Have fun.
Sep 13, 2012 6:13 AM

Sep 2010
HibiChouchou said:
Anime_Name said:

It's not about reading limit, it's about too much trashes that hurt my eyes.
Try to limit them and I will take a look at your posts :).

Have fun.

How about you just look at it paragraph by paragraph or sentence by sentence until it's read? This forum isn't a book I am sure the device you are reading it on can copy/paste/highlight sections to make it easier on your eyes.

Sep 13, 2012 6:20 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:

Would you stop your bickering? Both of you are completely off topic.
It's not even funny anymore, no... it's not even funny to begin with.
Rotten brats! Go back to kindergarten!
Sep 13, 2012 6:32 AM

Sep 2010
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Anime_Name said:

When you have no power over people how often does telling people you don't know to stop fighting work out for you?

Sep 13, 2012 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:

When you have no power over people how often does telling people you don't know to stop fighting work out for you?

I, Lelouch vi Britannia command you... to stop your bickering bitches!!
Sep 13, 2012 7:02 AM

Sep 2010
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Anime_Name said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:

I see you're running out of material.

Sep 13, 2012 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Anime_Name said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:

I see you're running out of material.

D-Don't tell me... Orange Boy?!! DIE!!!
Sep 13, 2012 7:09 AM

Sep 2010
So is the reason make new accounts is just to spam the forums so they don't get their main account banned?

Sep 13, 2012 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
So is the reason make new accounts is just to spam the forums so they don't get their main account banned?

What are you smokin?
Sep 13, 2012 7:21 AM

Sep 2010
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Anime_Name said:

What are you smokin?

Answering a question with a question. That's a step up from picture spam.

Sep 13, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Anime_Name said:

What are you smokin?

Answering a question with a question. That's a step up from picture spam.

You're one to talk. What are you trying to prove? that you're smarter than anyone else?
Sep 13, 2012 7:36 AM

Sep 2010
Saying "You're one to talk" is meant to point out some irony but I've never pictured spammed nor answered a question with a question.

Keep reaching, I'm sure one of your slimeball tactics will work out.

Sep 13, 2012 7:37 AM

Jul 2009
Anime_Name said:
Saying "You're one to talk" is meant to point out some irony but I've never pictured spammed nor answered a question with a question.

I wonder how many of those 3815 posts of yours were actually useful.
Sep 13, 2012 7:43 AM

Sep 2010
Tsundereppoi said:
Anime_Name said:

None, 30, 1009...I don't really know. I am pretty sure there's no quota on MAL.

Sep 13, 2012 7:44 AM

Jul 2009
Anime_Name said:
Tsundereppoi said:
Anime_Name said:

None, 30, 1009...I don't really know. I am pretty sure there's no quota on MAL.

Really...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.