Forum Settings
Forums
New
You want to see Red Garden Season 2 as a continuation of the OVA?
Oct 8, 2008 5:57 AM

Mar 2007
So, after watching the OVA I could see some good things and some bad things with it, like I really want to watch and get to know more of what the girls do now in the future, but since the OVA didn't manage to capture this in a good way I wouldn't mind seeing a second season being made, set in the future that the OVA is played in. So, although highly unlikely, is there a will to see a continuation of Red Garden? Thoughts?
Oct 8, 2008 4:52 PM

Apr 2007
The OVA was horrible. So while I can see the potential in a Red Garden sequel, it might be best just to leave the show on the high note that was the TV series and forget anything that has to do with that OVA.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 10, 2008 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
I love Red Garden but didn't enjoy the OVA either. The anime ended at just the right point and continuing it seems pointless as the cast/atmosphere/purpose of the title would be significantly different with the curse gone and pretty much everyone being dead-dead. Thankfully the OVA is just considered a "potential future" by the production staff. I'm sticking with the manga to see a moody, alternate ending to the story ^^.
Oct 10, 2008 3:46 PM

Mar 2007
Oh,, does the manga contain an alternate ending compared to the anime? I didn't know that! Makes me want to get the manga even more!
True, the anime does end in a fitting way, but the ova, although showing a potential future, showed alot of character development, and that is certainly something that I would have wanted to explore into some more...
Oct 12, 2008 5:10 AM

Aug 2007
Zirgo said:
Oh,, does the manga contain an alternate ending compared to the anime? I didn't know that! Makes me want to get the manga even more!
True, the anime does end in a fitting way, but the ova, although showing a potential future, showed alot of character development, and that is certainly something that I would have wanted to explore into some more...

The manga is still running so there isn't a conclusive ending yet however, it does give us a lot of extra character development and some interesting twists on the storyline. Love the art too, really gothic~.

It was interesting that the girls became "fluid" in their personalities, hinting at having changed themselves with each new setting they found themselves in. But with the curse eliminated and nothing but a seemingly haunted Roosevelt Island left to hint at their pasts I found the OVA rather hollow. I would have enjoyed a look at them immediately after their awakening more, I think. But that's me ^^.
Feb 5, 2010 3:47 AM

Dec 2007
The ova was average: is there a way that Gonzo doesn't sqeeze in a mecha piece? doh
May 19, 2011 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
God this reminded me of FFX-2, main cast went OOC also ._.

Concept is good (love to see how their personalities changed lol), but it doesn't fit with the idea of the main series... (MECHAS IN MY RED GARDEN!? WHY GONZO WHY!?).

IMO it was plotless and just an excuse to make some kind of wanabee sequel... (really, NOTHING happened, they went to the Red Garden in order to obtain answers and NOTHING happened)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Garden: Dead Girls Episode 1 Discussion

mrzkitty - Mar 19, 2012

9 by FMmatron »»
Nov 28, 2021 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.