Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
Once home to the Warlord Minois, Vindicus was nearly destroyed during a great seige by rival Ninrook. The entire city was rebuit by under Zalus's rule, and has long since served as the seat of power from which Krokar is ruled. Warriors from all over the continent gather here to register for the Royal Arms Tournament, and to partake in official Duels at the arena.

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2012 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
William sat alone outside of the arena, he was staring of blankly into the scenary.
Jun 19, 2012 8:32 PM
Feb 2012
Hime watch the passing crowd, her crimson eyes boredly moving to one person to another. Twirling a loose strand, she grimly Remeber what brought her here.

'Go to the capital, see the competition. You know the consequence... Her mentor's voice, if Hime could even call that to the deceiving woman, rang in her mind.

"Why are you making me do this...." Hime mumbled, gazing to the sun as if they have the answer. The sky only smiled at her, their sunshine kissing her porcelain face. Sighing, Hime continued watching the crowds.

Her eyes, however, kept straying back to a man sitting, watching the crowds boredly as Hime did.

"He can't be a competitor, I expect more muscle.." Hime thought, but who was she to judge?
Jun 20, 2012 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
William has been watching the girl sitting adjacent from him since she arrived, she didn't fit in with the towns people. So she was likely another contestant. William locked eyes with the girl and held up his hand revealing a royal ring. (i think that is what they are called)
Jun 20, 2012 9:37 AM
Feb 2012
" I see... Eyes locked, Hime watch as the man lift his hand, revealing a royal ring. She gave a small nod, but did not move an inch from her position.

Even if he was in the tournament, Hime would rather not have enemies. Would complicate things like her mentor said.

" complicate things my ass.." Hime grumbled. It was already complicated as it is. Her sister's life was in play and if she made a wrong move, she...

Just thinking of it, made her blood frozen and her fist clench to the point of drawing blood.
Jun 20, 2012 9:49 AM

Jun 2009
(inside williams head is where this convo takes place)
William: I will fight her on my own, you stay out of this
Pevnost: give me one good reason
William: We can't let the competitors know our real strength yet, we need them to underestimate us
Pevnost: I approve.
(back to real world)

William stood from the bench and approached he girl with his Hand on the hilt of his sheathed short sword "Hello miss, my names is William Jackson"
Jun 21, 2012 3:51 PM
Feb 2012
Hime watch as the man walk up to her and introduce himself.

"He's not normal....

"Hello Mr. Jackson..." Hime said, politely, giving the man a small nod.

"Especially when introducing yourself to your opponent"
Jun 21, 2012 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
"I'd like to keep this simple. im a competitor as are you. WWeboth have the same goal. To win this tournament. So lets do this". William was in no mood to prolong this competion more than was nessacry.
Jun 21, 2012 5:43 PM
Feb 2012
".That behavior may cost him or it may be a play... Hime thought, gazing at him with a solemn expression. Too many times had her mentor beat and bash on about ont estimating her opponent deposits how idiotic or reckless they may act.

"It that is what you wish..." Hime replied, ripping her eyes off of him. Sitting up, gracefully she walk away from him, putting enough distance between them to not have any head start.
Jun 21, 2012 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
"it uis what is nessacry"William slowly begand to draw his short sword, the sound of the metal sliding out of the sheath peirced the air and akward silence.
Jun 21, 2012 8:47 PM
Feb 2012
"A rather cruel one...." Hime whispered, slowly drawing her Gunblade. She didn't want this.

Was it to much to ask for a peaceful life with her sister? A life that had no pain nor troubles?

Lifting her eyes, she saw her answer at the man in front of her.

"I guess not..."
Jun 22, 2012 9:51 AM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

It was a clear and warm day, but Frederik wasn't too bothered despite wearing so many layers of clothing and heavy armor. He was used to it. He rode slowly down the street on his rental horse until he got to a stable. He paid the man his rental fee and felt rather parched. "So this is the Lord's Capital" he said glaring over the entire city. It was grand, it reminded him very much of home. After he checked out of his inn, he searched for a nearby pub. He ordered a cold wine and sat down listening in on the nearby conversation. There were two people that caught his interest, it felt like they were part of the tournament also. He relaxed a bit as he took a swig of his wine.
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.
THAT's what life's all about.

Jun 22, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
William holds out his hand with the royal ring on it. "i challenge you to royal arms!"
Jun 22, 2012 10:44 AM
Feb 2012
"I accept" Hime answered, showing her hand with the royal ring.
Jun 22, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri, The Steel Princess, enters the Pub, entitled The Stone Tankard. Her large, gleaming Dwarven Steel sword was strapped securely to her back, and golden Vambraces adorned her hands. Both were obviously of the highest quality, made from the finest material. The same could be said for her clothes, which where tailored to suit her perfectly. Her long, wild brown hair was tied in a ponytail, though it still easily reached down to her waist. Two long strands of hair framed her milky white face, a white ribbon tied to the right, accompanied by a large, white flower hair pin on the side of her head.

She certainly made an impression. Mostly because she looked like a child, a fact that caused many of the pubs patrons to give her a confused look. Most, however, soon realised what she was. The slightly pointed ears and short frame made it obvious that she was a dwarf, and probably older that any of them. Plus she also happened to be wearing a Royal Ring, a sign that she was a participant in the Tournament.

Ruri, having competely ignored the stares she was getting, hand walked up to the bar. With some difficulty, she managed to get on one of the numerous stools that lined the bar, and had ordered a tankard of Ale. Dwarven Favourite.

The Barkeep felt an odd tingle as he served her the drink. Dispite knowing that she was a Dwarf, and a pretty high-ranked one at that, it still felt slightly strange to be giving her Ale. She even sounded like a child.

Jun 22, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

There was a girl of small stature that sat in the stool next to Frederik. He took a swig and looked to his side. To his surprise, it was a dwarf, he thought it was a child at first, but that changed when he saw the slightly pointed ears and large the fact that she ordered Ale. If it was one thing Frederik knew, it was the fact that Dwarves loved ale more than any other alcohol. "Funny running into a dwarf here, of all places" he said to himself, but loud enough for her to hear.
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.

Jun 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri was taking another swig from her tankard as she heard the man's comment. She ignored it for now, instead choosing to focus on the ale that was currently making its way down her throat.

Satifised, she placed the tankard back on the bar, the sound louder that intended thanks to her Dwarven strengths. Even their tankards are poorly made she noted, as she adjusted her strength so she wouldn't dent it.

"I suppose it is" she replies.

Jun 22, 2012 3:55 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

Frederik chuckled lightly as he took a swig. He noticed the ring on the dwarf's hand. "I suppose you are here for the tournament then?" he asked diverting his attention outside. "Come to look at it, turns out there's a match already going on outside." he said pointing out the pair he noticed earlier.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 22, 2012 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
By the time the man had commented on the two other contestants, the duel had already begun. They had both dissappeared, and time seemed to slow down. As if on cue, Ruri's ring started to emit a slight beeping sound. It was a incoming transmission, a live view of the upcoming duel.

Ruri, curious as to what kind of weapons these two would be wielding, accepted it. A small beam shone out of the ring, eventually widening to become a magic screen. The same thing would be happening outside, but on a much larger scale. In fact, many of the Pubs patrons had rushed outside to watch the upcoming duel.

Jun 22, 2012 8:19 PM

Jun 2009
The duel was over, and William had his first victory, but it was not an easy victory. The crowd on the street was appluading him and the breeze felt good on his bare skin... Pevnost's power almost completly destroyed his clothing, all that remained were his tatered pants and his glasses. He would deal with that later, right now it was time for a drink, so William headed into the The Stone Tankard and took a seat at the bar, and ordered a bourbon
Jun 22, 2012 8:23 PM
Feb 2012
Hime returned back to the capital and watch as The crowd applauded William.

"He deserved" Luckily, no one paid attention to her as she slip away from the place, her thoughts on her little sister.
Jun 23, 2012 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"It seems that the first match has concluded" Frederik said finishing off his wine. "I guess I'll be seeing you in the arena soon as well" He turned his head to the dwarf. "My names Frederik, I come from Verneria in the South. So I'm not a local" he said exchanging introductions.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 23, 2012 6:23 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri had watched the fight with mild interest, observing the weapons and techniques of her future opponents. They were....unusual, to say the least. Especially the man, who seemed to have another entity in him.

She also noticed, with mild distain that their weapons were made by alchemy.

Now that the duel as finished, both competitors had returned. The moment they had, the man she was standing next to started talking again. He introduced himself as Frederik Rein, and her honor as a Dwarf meant she had to reply in kind.

"Ruri Elivagar, from Horgenthar" she said, holding out her hand in greetings. Because of the size, difference, it was at an angle.

Jun 23, 2012 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
Saiko Baltimore

Saiko entered Vindicus not forgetting "THEIR" words of what would happen if he lost. He shuttered a bit and kept walking. Saiko was tired after the long walk and saw a place called The Stone Tankard, of course. He entered quietly and shut the door behind him. Saiko then walked over to a table in the corner and sat down while putting down his lance and Nyoi-bo. He sighed and ordered a drink.
I am Invisible
Jun 23, 2012 9:05 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"Pleased to make an acquaintance" Frederik said as he extended his own hand for a handshake. It was nice to see a dwarf around; Frederik has some good friends that are dwarfs through his friendship with Ennic Lonventine, Aeira's father. Their blacksmithing is top notch quality and Frederik can't count how many times his armor saved his hide. He got his armor and lance as a gift from Ennic, he said he got it as a contract deposit when making a deal with the dwarfs in the north.
Shifo-ChanJun 24, 2012 8:07 AM
Even Death has a heart

Jun 24, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri accepts the handshake, taking the Frederik's hand and adjusting her strength so as not to cause him any harm. Thankfully, her experiences as the Princess of Horgenthar meant she had a rough estimate of a human male's strength.

Frederik's grip was firm and strong. Proof of his experiences as a warrior. Ruri had the feeling that a duel with him would be entertaining. Especially considering his armor and weapon.

"The pleasures mine." She replies smiling. "Your Lance and Armor. They were made by Dwarven MetalMancy. They will serve you well"

Jun 24, 2012 9:35 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

Frederik grinned at the comment about his armor. "Why yes they were" he agreed. "They've more than just served me, they have become my most trusted companions." He tapped his lance that was strapped to his back. "Though, I owe my life, and all the other lives that I've protected to the crafters of this armor." He was complimenting the the craftsmanship of the Dwarfs.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 25, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri smiled at the compliment. It was always good to hear postive comments on Dwarven Craftsmenship. It was a source of great pride for her people, and to know that it had served it duty admible was a joy.

Of course, her weapon and armor was also made by MetalMancy. Crafted with her own hands, no less. It was a tradition among Dwarfs. That each would create their own arms and armor, to serve them through their life's battles.

"That is good to hear" she says, shaking Frederik's hand.

Jun 25, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"Well, it's good to make a companion" Frederik said as he turned back to face his mug of wine. He then ordered something more strong, like a good old whiskey. "It's such a shame that humans don't have the integrity to make such fine crafts anymore. Not saying that Alchemy is bad, but I'm just saying it's not as high quality."
Then again, the humans are a proud race for being adaptable to many situations. That's how humans have lived for such a long time in the harshest of places.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 25, 2012 7:13 PM

Jan 2012
Sana looks at Vindicus. "Aww its not a bad place at all." she said with a smile. "Its different from what I imagined." then sighs. "But I really like this place." Then sits on a bench. "This place is where the tournament is held I'm guessing.."
Jun 25, 2012 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
Gabrielle Crux

Gabrielle's steps were so easy,so feather-like,that no one could hear her,as she stepped on the dusty roads.Her chocolate colored flats were a bit dusty,and the wind was lightly shaking her beige cloak.
The hood that was covering her white hair fell down as she entered "The Stone Tankard",revealing her golden eyes.
A ring,shining on her left hand,was betraying her Skiitarii origin.Murmurs surrounded the present people,as she made her way to the bar counter.
Jun 25, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2012
Sana looks around, and see's a pretty girl with golden eyes. "Oh, wow shes very pretty." "Oh, she has a ring so she's in the tournament too." she said in amazement. "She looks tough." "Then decides to talk to her. She walks up to her. "Um..Hi! I was wondering if your entering too?"
Jun 25, 2012 7:56 PM

Jun 2011
Gabrielle Crux

Gabrielle glanced at Sana,and saw her ring."No.I am not a contestant." she simply says,and smiles dimly.
"A beer,please.Cold if possible." she orders at the bar.
Jun 25, 2012 9:14 PM

Jan 2012
Sana looks at Gabriella, "Oh, okay then." Then she smiles wryly. Then sits back down. "Nevermind then.." then sighs.."What to do..."
Jun 26, 2012 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
"That's true" replies Ruri, ordering another Tankard of Ale. It was refreshing to meet a human who shared Ruri's opinions on Alchemy. Most humans held Alchemy in high regard, praising it for allowing them to make stock quickly and easily. They were nothing more than cheap imitations! A disgrace to all Weaponsmiths!

Though she didn't voice these comments, Ruri unconciously was tighting her grip on the tankard.

Jun 26, 2012 9:23 PM

Jun 2009
A few glasses of bourbon later William was in a bit of a talking mood. He looked around the pub, there were a handful of other competitors chating among each other. "You guys don't seem to be to outgoing about this competition. Or am i the strange one for thinking this was a tournament of strength and skill instead of the circle jerk you are making out of it"
Jun 26, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"Now now, no need to be so rash. We shouldn't jump too fast into this competition." Frederik said trying to calm down the winner of the first round. "Get to know your opponent beforehand." he whispered some advice. "It'll help. Trust me" He took a swig of his drink and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 27, 2012 6:39 AM

Mar 2012
Saiko Baltimore

From the corner of the room, Saiko glanced at the imbecile that was ranting about the competitors. "Are you looking for a fight buddy?" Saiko stood up, while cracking his knuckles. "I can give you one right now."
I am Invisible
Jun 27, 2012 6:47 AM

Jun 2011
Gabrielle Crux

"I find it interesting how you people class brute strength as fighting skill." Gabrielle chuckled and commented,as her beer was served.But the probably upcoming fight was promising.She will judge it,if there were to be one.
Jun 27, 2012 8:06 AM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"Haha, hahahaha!" Frederik laughed at Gabrielle's comment. "As do I" he said taking a gulp of his drink. "Showing brute strength is only a sign of intimidation. The smallest of any warrior can be even more deadly than the largest. That is why you need to know your opponent before you fight them." he wavered. He does come from experience, and Frederik was the kind of guy everyone can trust.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 27, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
Gabrielle Crux

"If you ask me,showing brute strength with every occasion is a sign of narcissism and arrogance.A superiority complex.A true warrior should be modest and fight elegantly,making good use of anything he can find in his or her surroundings." Gabrielle replied to Frederik.And it was true.This was what a warrior looked like in Skiitarii eyes.
Jun 27, 2012 8:46 AM

Jun 2009
"so Lance guy, you wanna fight. I for it. Ill meet you in the street shortly" Willliam need to make a quick stop at the shop next door to rplace his leathor armour that was destroyed in the previous duel.
Jun 27, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
Draining the last of her Tankard, Ruri places it back on the counter calmly. It was time to move. While she had found this little discussion with her fellow warriors was entertaining, she had travelled all the way to Vindicus just to talk. No, she had come here to fight. Ruri Elivagar had a goal to accomplish, and chatting wouldn't help her complete it.

She gets of her seat, and clears her throat as she faces to others. Slowly, they turn their attention to her, as she coughs again.

"Ahem. I, Ruri Elivagar, will hereby accept any duel to Royal Arms. Who will do me the honor of being my first opponent?"

She seems her gaze across the bar floor, waiting for one to meet her gaze. She holds herself proudly, with a aura of confidence emanating from her small frame.

Jun 27, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2011
Frederik Rein

"I'll have to pass on that offer" Frederik said shrugging away. People could taunt him and make fun of him all they want, but it won't make him fight, not yet at least. He wanted to use this opening as a strategic analysis of what he's up against so that he plans accordingly.
Even Death has a heart

Jun 27, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2009
Ruri nods respectively in Frederik's direction, aknownledging his rejection. She got the feeling she might have offended him with her announcement, though that wasn't her intention. Far from it. Dwarves, as a whole, were straightforward. If they intended to fight, they would say so. Her announcement was nothing more than her informing everyone of her intentions to fight in the tournament.

Jun 27, 2012 3:35 PM
Jun 2010
Angelina, being the curious type had over heard the conversation taking place between the two people in front of her. She moved, with the grace of an elf and touched the dwarf lightly upon the back; her voice carrying likes a whisper in the night.

“You wish a fight, one stands behind you.”

She smiled lightly, as if she had no cares in the world; untouched by the struggles of life, as of yet.

◦It feels so close to me, yet i can't grasp it even if i extend my hands. Even so ... Even if i cant reach it ... there are things that will stay in my heart. Being in the same time and looking up at the same sky, If i can remember that, then even when we are apart from each other, I believe that we can be together. I will run forward now. If i set my goal far enough, then someday .. I'll be able to reach what I aimed for.
Emiya Shiro (Fate/stay Night)
Jun 27, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
Saiko Baltimore

Saiko ignored the elf behind him and walked on towards the street. "Ready when you are bub." He took a deep breath and drew his lance.
I am Invisible
Jun 27, 2012 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
A stranger entered the tavern, he was thin almost scrawny man. He wore a black cloak that his his eyes and hair from view. He perked up his head a little to look at the rest of the tavern's patrons real quick... but just as quickly lowered his head again in order to make himself less notciable.

He sat down at the bar next to a woman... a Skiitarii perhaps? It didn't really matter of course, he just wanted to sit and rest for awhile.

But by sitting next to that woman he perhaps made himself automatically a target of attention in the room.
Jun 27, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
Gabrielle Crux

Gabrielle noticed the extra stares she was getting now,after the stranger sat next to her.A quick look;he had a ring."A good chance to observe..." she thought.
"A refill,please." she ordered silently.
Jun 28, 2012 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
Having heard that her challenge had been accepted, Ruri turns found to look at her first opponent. It was a Elf, graceful and carefree. Ruri had to suppress a grimace. It was a well known fact that there was a slight animosity between the two races. Even though Dwarf and Elf did manage to live alongside each other in relative peace, it didn't stop the mutual feeling of mistrust that exsisted between the two.

That didn't matter now. Ruri was here to Duel, to complete the goal she had set herself. The fact that it allowed her to beat on an Elf was just a welcome bonus.

Facing the Elven woman, Ruri holds up her right hand, displaying her Royal Ring. This was a formal challenge, and one that needed the consent of the other party.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» [Duel]Angelina Shelden vs. Ruri Elivagar[Duel]

AngelicXI - Jul 2, 2012

5 by Chotgoriin »»
Jul 4, 2012 3:50 PM

» Registration

Chotgoriin - Jun 18, 2012

19 by Chotgoriin »»
Jul 4, 2012 1:27 PM

» [Duel Has Ended] Hime Hajime vs. William Jackson [William is the victor]

AngelicXI - Jun 22, 2012

22 by AngelicXI »»
Jun 22, 2012 8:14 PM

» Horgenthar: The Dwarven City

Chotgoriin - Jun 21, 2012

0 by Chotgoriin »»
Jun 21, 2012 5:12 PM

» The Evergreen

Chotgoriin - Jun 21, 2012

0 by Chotgoriin »»
Jun 21, 2012 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.