Forum Settings
Forums

Notifications: Notification when a related anime is added, and on your list. [Accepted]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2015 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
b1GZZ said:
But there's still a problem, it only shows, most of the time, unaired anime, I have a lot of "related entries" in my plan to watch list and MALgraph puts then in the "You've watched this..." category, which is kind of a disappointment, not really what I need :/
Just think of the "You've watched this" section as "You already know about this", and go from there. Also it doesn't most of the time show unaired, it shows only things that are in the same franchise as what you've watched. So movies, ONAs, OVAs, anything will show up in there as long as you don't "already know about this".

If One Piece got a new entry that you didn't "already know about" it would show up on the right side. It's a good way to keep track. If you absolutely want to know about the newest stuff, put everything you know about in your plan to watch. It's messy, but it would still work.
Syrup-Aug 27, 2015 11:14 PM
Aug 29, 2015 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
The main problem is that "knowing about" doesn't mean I've watched it... and when you've a 2000 plus plan to watch list you won't just go and see entry by entry if it is related to something you've watched or not, a list that big is pretty messed up :/
Aug 29, 2015 10:21 PM

Apr 2014
b1GZZ said:

But there's still a problem, it only shows, most of the time, unaired anime, I have a lot of "related entries" in my plan to watch list and MALgraph puts then in the "You've watched this..." category, which is kind of a disappointment, not really what I need :/ Thank you anyways..

Obviously the "un-aired" anime would be on the notification because you may not know about it.
b1GZZ said:
The main problem is that "knowing about" doesn't mean I've watched it... and when you've a 2000 plus plan to watch list you won't just go and see entry by entry if it is related to something you've watched or not, a list that big is pretty messed up :/

Then what? You will add it on your 2000+ PTW list and had trouble finding that "new related entries"?
Since you got that ridiculously too many entries there would be a large list of notification for you.
If that 2000+ PTW got that "new related entries" there's no doubt that MAL will overload.
What if there's a lot of MAL users do the same like you? (for sure there is) I wonder what would happen if it's on a form of inbox message.
So the best way is to check your favorite/most like series often so you won't miss that "related entries you didn't know about". And don't be too lazy man.
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 30, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2014
Rayzer said:
So the best way is to check your favorite/most like series often so you won't miss that "related entries you didn't know about". And don't be too lazy man.
Maybe you can manage it with your 130 entry, but what about him or me with 600+ entry, and this is not even much. There are others with more than 2000 and 5000 entry.
Aug 30, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
Delenai said:
Rayzer said:
So the best way is to check your favorite/most liked series often so you won't miss that "related entries you didn't know about". And don't be too lazy man.
Maybe you can manage it with your 130 entry, but what about him or me with 600+ entry, and this is not even much. There are others with more than 2000 and 5000 entry.

Thanks for the quote but at least try to understand it next time.
And if ever you say you got 50% + favorites on your list you are awesome.
Aug 30, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2008
+1
Aug 30, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
I like how this is 2015 and we still don't get realtime notifications for anything other than messages...
Aug 30, 2015 1:30 PM

Nov 2014
Rayzer said:

Thanks for the quote but at least try to understand it next time.
Don't worry I understood it completely, if you watch my list there are more than 200 ONLY from those animes that I rated 9+. What is in my opinion is the "you definitely can't miss" category.
DelenaiAug 30, 2015 1:37 PM
Aug 31, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
Rayzer said:

Obviously the "un-aired" anime would be on the notification because you may not know about it.

I know, but unaired anime related with entries in my PTWL.

Rayzer said:
If that 2000+ PTW got that "new related entries" there's no doubt that MAL will overload.

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, basically it would only show related entries to anime that I've in my Completed List.

Rayzer said:
And don't be too lazy man.

Lazy? I have a life my friend, I don't have time for everything.

And by reading your comment I can guess you didn't understand shit about my suggestion. I don't want this "system" to show me the related entries to all the entries in my list (that wouldn't even be useful, I don't know how the hell you didn't understand it, even if you didn't read my suggestion it would be easy to guess), I suggested the said "system" to only show me the unwatched related entries to entries in the Completed list. Get it now?

Rayzer said:

I have, not 50% but it wouldn't be far from that. What's the problem if I like then all? It's a matter of taste, even if my taste can be liked by some shit anime, you've have nothing to do with it. There are people who even favorite hentai which is even worse, so why bother with me?
I might love what you hate and hate what you love, we're human, we're different.
And my mean score is only 0.09 higher than the global stats of MAL, so it's not that strange.

OppaiSugoi said:
I like how this is 2015 and we still don't get realtime notifications for anything other than messages...

Ikr... that's why I'm suggesting this.
Sep 16, 2015 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
OppaiSugoi said:

>2015
>not knowing how to use RSS feeds
shits been here for years

http://www.feednotifier.com/ <- just one example of possibly thousands of programs and browser functions that will watch RSS feeds for you
Sep 28, 2015 2:30 PM

Mar 2013
It would be nice if there was a notification when something you have watched has a new series, this way it saves time going through every anime and checking each individual anime.
Sep 28, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
This would be nice.

For now, using MALGraph is probably your best bet. Once you enter your username, it takes a while to compile all sorts of stats for you, but at the bottom of the "Recommended" tab, there's a section for missing titles.
Sep 28, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
Yeah, that's what AniDB has and is very useful
Sep 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:
Yeah, that's what AniDB has and is very useful

That's only if a new relation was added on a day.
So if that "new relation" was been added before you activated the notification feature you won't get anything.
And still you gonna need to manually search/see for it.
Sep 28, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:
That's only if a new relation was added on a day.
So if that "new relation" was been added before you activated the notification feature you won't get anything.
And still you gonna need to manually search/see for it.

Yes
Oct 31, 2015 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
Syrup- said:
OppaiSugoi said:

>2015
>not knowing how to use RSS feeds
shits been here for years

http://www.feednotifier.com/ <- just one example of possibly thousands of programs and browser functions that will watch RSS feeds for you

That's not what we want, I'm not always in the computer, I also have a life and different things to do, can't be all the time on my computer. It would be simpler to see the "News" posts everyday like I did when I had a lot of free time, but that's not the case now so I can't do it like I did before.
And it shows all the "New Anime" news, we want notifications to related entries to anime we have watched, that would make perfect sense to have, it would be an amazing tool for people who only come to their computer once in a while.

PS: Try to read the posts before replying, that's not what I suggested. MALgraph can do that, but with people with 2000s PTWL like me, showing all the related entries I haven't added to my list is not what we want too, what we want is something that sends and saves notifications for the unwatched related entries to the anime in our Completed list, even if they're on the PTWL, Hold on or whatever.
b1GZZOct 31, 2015 9:02 AM
Oct 31, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
@b1GZZ, Just use AniDB already. And move on
The more you wait for this to be implemented the more you will miss.
And stop using "We" as if there are a lot of people like you.
Dec 3, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
Of course there are a lot of people who'd like this, it would definitely be a +1 for MAL when users are trying to choose between MAL and AniDB, and yes, I don't want to use AniDB, it's pretty complex in comparison with MAL, I couldn't even manage to import my MAL list there (which I can definitely call laziness but whatever).
Jan 24, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2013